/bros, freakin out

/bros, freakin out
It’s my third day at work and they sent me home after two hours saying I smelled of alcohol.

WHAT DO I DO?
What would you do?

Bump

I think I would man up and apologize, explain the situation (in a level of detail commensurate with that of a professional environment), and cut back on the drinking on work nights.

how about stop drinking before work u pathetic fucker. TBH you'll prolly get a call later today saying ur fired, that's how it works for most places.

You are on the fast track to ''sack-veil'' they gunna fire you for drinking on/before the job. dickhead.

God damnit they said they would call me later
IVE NEVER BEEN FIRED

I really hope they don’t fire me. I’ve never been fired and this is my dream job.
I wasn’t fucked up at all they said they heard a couple of complaints and said they were gonna send me home for the days. FUCK ME

So what. doesnt stop you from being fired now. happened to dude at my work who was on checkout. he came in, worked for an hour, someone complained he smelt of alco, got sent home right away, and they phoned him 3 hours later and sacked him on the spot. you kinda fucked man start looking for a new job.

wanna explain why you might of smelt of alco?

Fuck. I got it through a job agency. I can’t go back to them now that this happened?!

I am such a fucking retard!

It sounds like you drink way too much at night you need to quit drinking as much at night.

I worked with a guy who was like this everyday and that's because he drank a lot at night before he went to sleep.

If they can't prove you were drunk on the job and they fire you you have a lawsuit on your hands if you live in the USA.

I drink at home alone. I wasn’t obnoxious and I felt absolutely fine

I am American.
I really fucking hope they don’t fire me. I am so afraid. I feel terrible.

You achieve your dream job and you go to work after drinking ?

you're going to lose your job and this failure will haunt you for the rest of your life

i can get that homie but jobs of any kind will not tolerate drinking of any sort before or during a shift. sorry bro you seem legit but yeah this happens.

I would talk to my boss personally, I don't have an issue with alcohol so I've never dealt with this.

There is always a rational decision to be made, do you happen to live in California?

Don't drink before work retard, why do we even have to tell you this?

I didn’t take a test all they said was that i had a couple of complaints saying I smelt of alcohol and sent me home
Here’s the kicker. The fucking president of the company is in one of AA classes.

>dream job
>drinks before going in
>doesn't see the issue
There's a reason you're going through a work agency you stupid fuck.

user, did you drink before work? Or did you drink, like, the night before work, and just didn't shower and brush your teeth?

Fuck you OP. You fucking piece of shit. Before I became successful I used to be a kitchen manager at a restaurant and would have to put up with deadbeats like you on a daily basis. I loved to throw those pieces of shit just like you out on their ass. One of the scumbags actually jumped off a bridge killing himself when he realized that he had no more income to live the way he wanted. Moral of the story, if you show up to work drunk or drink before work, fuck you, you deserve everything coming to you. What makes you think other people who are trying to work for a living should have to deal with your bullshit? Fucking nigger.

what's the job? do you have to operate heavy machinery

Always give yourself 30 minutes between your shift and your last drink. Brush your teeth.

>WHAT DO I DO?
>What would you do?

Stop being an alcoholic.

If you've never worked around a man who's an alcoholic you wouldn't understand. the smell is intense and no shower or toothbrushing is going to fix that.

I live in one of the dakotas
I drank last night you faggot
I drank last night is all. Apparently I smelled of it and I got sent home.
But I never took like a pbt? All they said was that I smelled of it?

That's why I'm asking. I'm not jumping to conclusions, or getting all huffy puffy. I just want to know what happened.

I drank last night user, you twat. I didn’t shower I did brush my teeth Not helpful
No cinstruction
It’s a call center
That’s hard to do I can’t fucking smell

Drank last night apparently smelled of alcohol today.
What the fuck did I do

How the fuck is your "dream job" a call center?

Shoot low so you never get disappointed?

go to an AA meeting and "join" before work calls you. they can't fire you for being an alcoholic if you're getting help.

you probably have a probationary period too, so this will depend on your boss.

Just hope and pray u wont be fired, maybe beg to your boss it wont happen again.
I drank on jobs before (walmart) surprised nobody cared.

This, this right here if the company has more than 15 employees and you sign up for help with your drinking problem they cannot fire you at all.

You got fired big fucking woop. You say you work for a job agency, odds are the faggots at work changed their mind and came up with an excuse to send you home and not having to pay.

Tell the job agency the place you worked at were a bunch of lying niggers, deny vehemently and slander the cunts.

take the initiative, talk to your superiors and cock up a story about your girlfriend dumping you. apologize and promise to get your act together. assuming you're not a total piece of shit they might give it a pass.

the kicker is you gotta be on the straight and narrow for awhile or else they'll think you played them for fools. if you can't control yourself enough for the job then you frankly don't deserve it

Look, bro, just tell them that. Tell them that you drank a bit the night before. Make some shit up. Tell them you celebrated a friend's... Idk.. a friends... Dogs birthday. Make something up.

>dream job
>call centre

And nothing of value was lost
What a chump

How much alcohol are we talking here?

This won't end well for you, do not do this.

He's just a worker for the company that the Hiring Agency hires for and has probably been using the agency for a long time and they don't give a fuck what some random says because they fire and hire guys all the time.

Not get fucking drunk before work... That's what I'd do...

Hopefully this taught you a fucking lesson...

I drink heavily before, during and after and nobody has ever complained or noticed despite working closely with clients and coworkers. I shower often but do not brush my teeth often but do chew gum all day, been a habit since I was young. I can't remember the last time I was sober anymore.

It’s.. not exactly a call center. This is an anonymous bored and it’s a private group so I can’t be specific
I’ve gone to fucking rehab and multiple AA visits like hundreds
It was the night before
I was sober
I went to rehab in August
I think it might depend on my boss but the president of the company also has an issue and I met the person at AA
It’s never positive to be rude to an employer

im a raging alcoholic and even i know that you dont drink in so late on the nights that they can smell it. jeez. get flat drunk and pass out right after work.

I spent 3 weeks straight piss drunk and work and nobody noticed til some faggot waiter got caught drinking and ratted me out.

I may be a faggot but at least i still have a job you fucking alcholic. Take a shower

The place you worked at is not your employer, the job agency is. You can talk shit about were you worked all you want

This has happened to me so many times haha I just apologise and offer to take a breath test saying I'm sweating it out I am definitely not intoxicated

Deny it till the fucking end. Just say it must've been your cologne or after-shave.

Oh yes and shower brush teeth use cologne and be stacked with gum or mints

Time to suck it up, hope you don't get fired, and ultimately start looking for a new job.

Reminds me, used to work temp warehouse with a bunch of mexicans, supervisor probably knew I was stoned af all the time, probably didn't care because I worked pretty damn hard.
Some time before that, used to work at fast food. Total, I was probably high 10 times as long as I was sober, I almost wish I could say I was exaggerating. Was still one of the best people they had there, and some of the people I worked with will give me free food to this day.
If you can't be sober at work, maybe be high instead of drinking

It was a quick convo they said they had complaints of me smelling like booze
They’re going to call me and I’m going to apologize so fucking hard and this will never happen again. That is the truth
All I said it that I had a couple wich is fucking true
This job has potential for me to earn a killing
I cannot let it go
Like a 750
The company hired me on immediately. Not a contract with the hiring agency
It did. But I think I’m too fucked, dude
That sounds like a problem

And so far so good for along time now and I drink a liter of vodka a night

This isn't true at all. In most of the United States, a person can be fired for any damned reason the employer wants. They just can't say it was because of race, sex, or a couple other stupid things people don't get fired for anyway.

>That’s hard to do

Trust me, I know.
>recovering heroin addict
Not going to sugarcoat it, taking that first step is one of the hardest decisions of your life, you have to be ready to make a life changing commitment. Just remember, the end of that journey is a better (you).

Go to AA now fuck face.

My buddy was working for Sprint and rolled in hammered. They sent him home. He called AA and they couldn't fire him. I think they paid for 2 weeks off for him... Which he spent drinkin

Which Dakota North or South

>I didn't shower
There's one problem
>I drank last night
So much that you smelled of alcohol today after brushing your teeth? I don't think so... Not unless you got sauced hard, and/or spilled some on your clothes...

Let me learn you a bit of how alcohol detection works:
When it enters your system, it gets filtered through your liver. This is how it gets directly into your blood stream, reaches your brain, and produces intoxication... Your blood stream also happens to run through your lungs in order to pick up oxygen for the rest of your body... Thus, the alcohol in your blood stream is being exposed to the air in your lungs, and is being exhaled... This is how a breathalyzer works, and also how, despite brushing your teeth (which I doubt you did properly anyway), you can't cover up the smell of alcohol on your breath...

>Hard to stop being an alcoholic
No, it isn't... Stop fucking drinking. It IS that simple... It's gonna suck for a week or two, but it's a far better choice than what you're making right now...

>I can't fucking smell
Is that you, Dewey Cox!?

Probably a shower.
you sweat booze out the morning after. But had you showered, you probably woulda been fine.
I was an alcoholic, half gallon daily, at least
I stopped cold turkey, cuz (surprise surprise) I was getting too crazy at work.
Work is all that matters for us who weren't born with a silver spoon in our mouths
Giving up the drink was a huge thing for me.
I'll be a year clean march 3rd and will come back to drinking. But not anywhere near as retarded as I was before.
Just a drink or two w dinner. Or some drinks while gaming.
Not a fifth before breakfast

FALSE I WENT TO REHAB FOR 30 days in August. I used FMLA and it was not paid
See above

750 of liquor? No wonder.
I've gone years with about 5 drinks/night (whisky and/or beer) and never had a problem.
Sounds like you need to cut back a bit.

those are called "at will" states

750ml isn't "a couple" unless you mean "A couple half bottles of liquor"

Youre a drunk. Get help

Have you ever been an addict just wondering? Not op

It doesn’t matter you fucking stalker
I was fucking late -.- I set my alarm for 830 instead of 730.

And most people would call them "The states that comprise the majority of the United States."

This is not true. Some states might, MIGHT have state laws but it is very unlikely. I work for the DLSE in CA (Basically the labor board) and there are no federal laws or state laws (I only know CA ones) that give you job protection. As long as you dont fire someone for race/sex/gender/etc or out of retaliation for doing one of like 48 protected activities (filing a wage claim, OSHA complaint, etc) then an employer can fire you for any reason, or no reason at all.

Never a drug addict. I’ve never taken drugs
part of** my bad
>pic related

I really hope you don't get fired, OP. Maybe you'll get off with a verbal warning from the higher ups.

Cut down on the drinking at night. Weekends are fine, obviously, but why not just smoke weed or something during the week?
It'll relax you, take the edge off, and not have you reeking like alcohol in the morning.

Well yeah stopping your addiction is harder than you think just an fyj

CA bro here working at labor board. This is technically true. If you tell your boss you have an alcohol program and are in treatment, this would realistically be your only choice.

Fyi*

you do realise alcohol is considered a drug right?

I sure as fuck might start smoking after this.
I drink hard on weekends but never during the week. I don’t know what the fuck is going on. I feel like such a failure

It was two fucking drinks

this is not true, get a job at a carnival
everyones drinking on the job!
food truck workers are drunk, the people running games are on coke, and the people giving out lemonade and shit are stoned

Yeah they teach you that in rehab

Small business owner here. If you're a good employee I'd cut you some slack but the fact that it's only your second day would seriously make me think you don't have a future with my company. I'd be watching you like a hawk from now on until you prove that this is a one off mistake.

A larger company may just follow a predetermined handbook and fire you if that's what the book says to do.

>implying alcohol is not a drug
Anyway, I find it hard to believe that's all you had to drink there. Unless you were drinking until like 3am, that really doesn't look like much.

>What would you do?
Probably crack open a cold one and say fuck it

I wasn't talking to you

It was only my third day and I really want to continue my employment not to mention that I am fucking poor and can’t afford this. I am so terrified. I don’t know what to say or do.

Suck your bosses cock immediately

Oh wew who would've expected they kick you out for coming drunk at work and smelling like alcohol. Ur fucked user

Yup. Been down that road a few times now... Couldn't stop drinking when I was underage, by the time I hit 20, I was done drinking. I now have a drink once a month or so. A nice scotch to celebrate a thing is about all I do...

Smoked pot from 15 to just a few years ago. I know it's "not addictive", but with a penchant for addiction, it can be exceedingly habit-forming. I found myself only wanting to be high, to be higher than high, to smoke myself stupid every day... I didn't like that, and stopped...

Did heroin for a little while, but opiates really aren't my thing. That was easier to kick since I didn't do it too heavily and didn't like it from the get go. I can see how heroin can be really hard to get off, though, for someone who likes it and has been doing it a while...

MDMA is way too attractive; did it a bunch of times, including a good long roll that lasted a few weeks... But I gave it up, because I didn't want to end up as a burned up old PLUR faggot...

Shrooms, acid, DMT, coke, nicotine, caffeine, cough syrup, I've fucked around with most things... Addiction is all a matter of WILL... If you're not strong enough to pull yourself off a substance, you shouldn't be fucking with substances.

Well its time to reevaluate your life choices.

Do you like drinking and getting fucked up?
If the answer is "yes", you will be required to pay for said fuckery with some form of employment.

Lucky for me, my job didn't care that I was hammered. Made me more friendly with customers. But it was more of a "no harm, no foul" type deal here.
So I could have continued with it, as I had for a year and a half straight.
But what you notice when you swim in an ocean of vodka for 6+ years is that you're drinking to run from something
Stop running. Turn and face your issues and if they knock you the fuck out, then you at least know what youre up against.

I quit at the drop of a hat. Because I knew my life needed me to.
I have complete faith in you being able to restore sanity and stability to your life. (Quitting completely or just slowing down, your call)

Even if they do fire you, its not the end of the world. You will find other work
You will grow from this mishap
This, too, shall pass

Do it man. Not that I want you to become dependent on another substance, and not saying smoking anything is "healthy,"
but it will be better for you than drinking every night. Especially as a working professional.

Not a smart plan but maybe after they call and fire me
I fell asleep really early, woke up and wasn’t tired so I was like hey I’ll have a couple and fall the fuck asleep again. Boom sent home for smelling like alcohol

I have never been fired and I’m fucking terrified

dont be so hard on yourself. When youre putting down a fifth before brushing your teeth, then you can feel bad about yourself
Being a weekend warrior has been a thing for decades.
Just realize that its not everything.
Find a hobby, love a sports team, put more time in with your gf( if applicable)

There is more to life than a dim room that smells of smoke and sells overpriced cirrhosis

so ur an addict

You need to stop drinking. Smelling like alcohol enough that you get sent home, regardless of if you think you don't have a problem, is a problem. They'll let you slide on this once but if its a constant thing they'll just cut their losses and fire you. Its financially much easier to fire someone who just got hired than to let you stay and fire you in a few months. You are now on the radar as a drunk and will be the first to get canned in any situation. Quit drinking. Shit is tough but it has to be done. Once you do successfully quit drinking you'll feel better, your head will clear, and you'll start enjoying life. I just quit about 8 months ago to save my family and haven't touched the sauce except for a few Beck's non-alcoholic brews. I didn't use AA nor any other program. Sure I miss it sometimes but mostly just the taste and the badass craft beers they produce all over my area of the country. You'll start saving money but most importantly you'll start saving your life. The first two weeks are the hardest but you can do it. You are a human with the power of choice and the power to control your actions. Use whatever means necessary, if AA works for you then use the fuck out of it. I personally hated AA but it works for a lot of people. Good luck and God speed user. I hope and pray that you can pull yourself out of this problem and scream "NO" to the demon that inhabits each bottle. It would be awesome if we could drink like normal people but we have proven that we cannot. It blows but it is what it is and won't ever change. Good luck my user friend.

Ah, the truth comes out. Here you were talking about drinking the previous night, when really you were drinking the morning before work. You deserve whatever comes of this.

Did they test you? If not just go back to work tomorrow. And don't drink so much.

Very motivated, compassionate and empathetic. Nice job user. Not that you are wrong you are just an asshole.

its understandable. My only time ever being fired was from a machine shop
Got into a fight with an older guy and they decided his experience was worth more than what I brought to the table
Canned me right there.
It sucked.
But I haven't forgotten.
YOU HEAR THAT, JEFF???! ILL NEVER FORGET AND IM GONNA FUCK YOUR DAUGHTER

>Go home you're alcohol smelly
>Fired two days later
>Signed up for AA yesterday
>No longer fired

It's like you tards just type words to type words to feel like you're important having zero idea of what you're talking about at all stop pretending to know federal law and take your ass over to your trap threads

Like I said, a small business may cut you slack if they like you but a large company tends to follow protocol.

I had a great employee who cam clean with me about having a drinking problem. I let him get away with a lot, and I mean A LOT. Eventually he brought me to my breaking point and I offered to send him to a 90 day rehab and have his job for him when he got done or I was going to have to let him go. He opted to leave the company rather than deal with his problem.

Alcohol has never done anything good for anyone.

Called "right to work" here. And why?

I appreciate that man. Thank you.
On your stabdards, apparently
Thank you for the kind words user.
It was honestly the night before. This is an anonymous board, I don’t need to lie about this
Fuck me, this was not helpful