/who/ - Doctor Who General

Blake's 7 crossover edition
What's your opinion on Blake's 7?

Last:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/h5EGZ9GhkVs
strawpoll.me/11513660
scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14732314_849478628486278_5538449187782274458_n.jpg?oh=64e8b25a37e581bce39c9ba45869f955&oe=58A11BF7
reprog.wordpress.com/2011/08/01/children-of-earth-the-final-verdict-part-2-how-torchwood-stopped-sucking/
books.google.com/books?id=SZTXAAAAQBAJ&pg=PT61&dq=jason kane Xenomorphic Bondage Slaves XXXVII&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjQ_euonfvPAhVEND4KHRnRBP4Q6AEIIDAA#v=onepage&q=jason kane Xenomorphic Bondage Slaves XXXVII
youtube.com/watch?v=GLXQm3vTv_Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

These robots look fucking creepy. They wouldn't even need a redesign, why haven't they returned yet?

Best Torchwood episode?

GOAT tier definitely.

they returned in voyage of the damn

Does anyone have the Target for Tommy anthology?

But that's not an episode of Children of Earth.
youtu.be/h5EGZ9GhkVs

CoE aside, Out of Time is my favorite.

Out of Time too.

From Out Of The Rain is my favorite. It had a good concept that wasn't try hard edgy like some of the other episodes and Julian Bleach was good in it.

Blakes 7 is pretty boring desu senpai

It's a fucking shame Ol Terry stole Boucher from us, he could've been one of the GOATs

It's okay.

Its alright I guess but there are better episodes.

Blake Seven urinates on Dr Who from the heights of Mount Olympus

Fucking Orac has more personality than all Dr Shit's incarnations rolled together

Dr Who has never, in the 50+ years it's aired, made me care about anyone in it or anything that ever happened in it. Whereas I openly wept when Zen melted in that one tragic episode

Tldr, Blake's Seven is the best, Roj Blake is the best, Avon is 2nd best. Fuck you all

Actually, his name isn't Mysterio.

never said it was. just called the filename that cos of the episode title

my favorite is Adrift

It's actually Rey Mysterio Jr..

IMPORTANT POLL LADS

strawpoll.me/11513660
strawpoll.me/11513660
strawpoll.me/11513660
strawpoll.me/11513660
strawpoll.me/11513660

I'd love to know what weirdness Gen would do.

my vote wasn't counted

Did you reload the page? Sometimes it shows you the results before it counts your vote.

Yeah, but it didn't work. There's a vote there now which may be mine, so far only one vote for my choice.

I think Ben Aaronovitch is a plausible future Who showrunner or at any rate writer, as he's a success in his own right now with something very in step with how the show has developed, the Rivers of London series.

>Rendition
I don't get why it's called Rendition. Rex is pretty damn based though, even if he did kick Rhys out of the story and move everyone to America. The scenes where they mix up a cure for arsenic from random shit on the plane are so nuts you have to love it. lmao at the part where Jack tries to hold up the bad guys by telling airport security he heard them talking about a bomb, in reality he'd get brought in for questioning too.

>Dead of Night
I think I'm finally sold on Oswald Danes. The idea that the public would accept his apology is outlandish but not that outlandish. I mean, it's only a few steps away from Chuck Colson imo.

scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14732314_849478628486278_5538449187782274458_n.jpg?oh=64e8b25a37e581bce39c9ba45869f955&oe=58A11BF7

What is this?

I think some random joke.

What's the closest Who has to a Servalan-tier villain? Besides characters played by Servalan's actor.

>From Out Of The Rain is my favorite. It had a good concept that wasn't try hard edgy like some of the other episodes and Julian Bleach was good in it.
Because it was done by Sapphire and Steel writer and was bacially S&S discount episode with old/new dichotomy stuff.

Such an awfully sad scene.

Davros is the only one who comes close but Davros always loses, whereas Servalan wins.

Davros kind of wins in Genesis of the Daleks. I mean he gets killed by Daleks but he did achieve his goal of creating them.

And his death was just temporary, so...

>yfw actually hype for the chibnall era

Mark Gatiss said a few months back, "overnight ratings are meaningless, they don't matter" because Dr Who was struggling to get 6m.

Last night, the BBC and GBBO pulled in 14m viewers. Dr Who can only dream of that.

14.8m, almost 15m. Fuck.

What were they showing?
t. Amerifat

The three Ass novels are up in the Miscellaneous folder of the book mega.

Great British Bake Off, it's a cooking show and for one reason or another just got launched into British TV culture. The 'winner' being announced was breaking news on the BBC.

I've lost the folder link user ;_; could you possibly repost it?

NVM I FOUND IT

14m viewers, must be doing something right.

They also used it as the lead-in to Sherlock transmission date announcement trailer

Around 13m would've probably caught the Sherlock trailer. Not bad promo!

Doctor Who is performing poorly.
Chibnall will inject fun into the show again to reign in the disenfranchised viewers.
We need someone like Chibnall. If not him, and not memeing here, Gareth.
Being dark and edgy destroyed this show.

Was class good lads? I've been on a leave of absence

Meh.

This meme is piss.

nope

B7 > Dr Who

Blakes 7 was the template for Farscape, Andromeda and Firefly, but was more dangerous, convincing and quotable than all of them. The ending still gets to me: how many writers would have the balls to wipe out all the main characters? Legendary stuff.

"Where there's life, there's threat ..."

Also, Avon >> Blake.

thanks for the spoiler, assh*le

>2016
>not knowing the ending of Blake's 7

literally nobody has seen Blake's 7

I approve of a gareth dw.
Shada a fun

VADER IS LUKE'S FATHER

>Owned, bitch.

who are you quoting?

i see dead people

Series 8 had the highest average (NOTE: AVERAGE) L+7 ratings of all nuWho series here in the UK.

>Moff & Co patted on backs by happy BBC execs.

Then fuck knows what went wrong with series 9.

Edward Norton is Tyler Durden.

(Yes, the big twist is really that lame.)

>replying to bait
you should know better user

Yeah, spose so.

I love the show, but even I'm not optimistic about Chinballs taking over the reigns.

GBBO isn't even made by the BBC. They buy it in from an independent producer. The next series will be on Channel 4, because they offered more for it.

>cyberman negress with a bush under her swimsuit bottoms

wew I need to watch me some Torchwood

This episode is generally considered to be the worst episode of all time (Not just Torchwood, worst thing ever, period)

Adric dies in Earthshock.

This is why the whole idea of the BBC is so ridiculous in 2016. Most of the content it broadcasts isn't even original, and would turn up for free on other channels if the BBC didn't buy it.

And why the fuck are BBC channels on Freeview anyway? They're anything but free ...

I feel a rant building here.

Plot-wise, you mean?

Still might watch, those titties are sittin' right

Plot-wise and aesthetic-wise. It's ridiculous and widely hold to be the worst of Torchwood misguided attempt at adulthood.

I never really made it through this episode.

The Beeb have always 'bought in' shows, altho years ago it was usually American ones.

DESU, I'm not sure what I'd prefer. Paying the TV license and being able to watch TV on it's channels, and listen to BBC radio without constant interruptions by adverts.

Or the dreaded alternative. Besides, the BBC will be a subscription service within the next 10 years anyway, it's already heading that way.

Torchwood series 1 was seriously crap. Series 2 was better, and series 3 was superb.

reprog.wordpress.com/2011/08/01/children-of-earth-the-final-verdict-part-2-how-torchwood-stopped-sucking/

Then sadly, series 4 went downhill again.

Series 1 was amazingly weird and imaginative at times, but with a lot of duds.
Series 2 was more steady, but also more bland

Judge Dredd is Doctor Who canon.

books.google.com/books?id=SZTXAAAAQBAJ&pg=PT61&dq=jason kane Xenomorphic Bondage Slaves XXXVII&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjQ_euonfvPAhVEND4KHRnRBP4Q6AEIIDAA#v=onepage&q=jason kane Xenomorphic Bondage Slaves XXXVII

youtube.com/watch?v=GLXQm3vTv_Q

Reminder this is the type of finales we can expect with Chris.

The BBC is effectively a subscription service already. It always has been. Except that if you "unsubscribe," you have to give up your TV ...

We survived RTD finales, we survived some of the Moffat's finales (Although some were decent) we will survive the Chibnall.

christ, I dont remember it being this bad

Reminder that thinly disguised Judge Dredd.

How is this related to Dr. Who?

It's actually his third cousin on his second mother's side.

Well, what changed in Series 9?
Nothing.
There's the answer.

Oh dear.....

Well, hopefully now that Chinballs is older and more experienced, he'll be better.

>The Doctor, Peri, and Frobisher travel outside of normal space and end up in a universe wherein reality is perceived as a claymation project

"Same old, same old".

>Frobisher must go undercover as a seal in order to retrieve a replacement gravitismal accelerator, which was damaged mid-flight; seals are the dominant species in this strange new world.

Could also work with the 5th Doctor and Kamelion

Could you post? :(

Anyone hoping that the weird tentacle things in the next episode of Class are actually the Krynoids?

It would be a way of this show actually justifying its Who connections (if only slightly).

No.