Just Came to say...

Just Came to say, the black atheist emo satanist wave in 2010/2011 with Odd Future was WAAAY better and WAAAY more captivating and jealousy inducing than the black atheist emo satanist wave in 2016/2017 with XXXTentacion and Lil Uzi Vert

>Odd Future felt like the family you never had
>XXX Feels like some random mixed race emo
>Lil Uzi feels like just some random rapper into marilyn manson but there is no huge thing to draw you in
>You cannot even compare Odd Future to Lil Uzi and XXX, OF music was better OF felt like brothers, OF had everything you could ever want from Black Atheist Emo Satanist Rappers/Musicians anyway.

>Discuss

Odd Future were fucking lyrical too.

Why the hell is this black atheist emo satanist wave SO BAD?

OF didnt make very much good music tho. They collapsed a few years later and tyler was in the closet whole time, doesn't sound like family. plus only white suburbs kids ever liked them

>athiest satanists
this thread is confused

99% if satanist don't even believe in the devil

so are all teenagers

>OF didnt make very much good music tho

>Bastard
>Goblin
>Earl
>All the albums by the internet

My nigga, what are you smoking? AND they made all their own beats.

And a lot of the members in OF could produce their own music they were actually talented

then thats just athiesm. sounds like gay people saying theyre trans

It did not feel like a family, idk why people say stuff like this. They made cool music if you were a teenager because they were teenagers too. I don't recommend revisiting some of their stuff, because you'll realize it was for teenagers. Earl rapped his ass off on the EARL tape but it's really edgy and just kinda you know, childish. Tyler's stuff has aged better (besides Goblin) because he's always been the real talent and artist in the group. Too bad he basically gave up rapping after Goblin.

Some of the MellowHype stuff is still pretty good. Domo was always trash even though we wanted him to be better.

i dont like all of that except bastard. lyrically they rip off mf doom and are the reason hes mocked these days. is there production stand out to you?

IDLS is better than anything Tyler's done. Tyler has better individual tracks, but Earl's albums are consistent. And if anyone is the "real talent" of OF, it's Frank.

?

While I was happy that a bunch of kids with issues were able to find a home and a career as the collective OF. Odd Future wasn't a good rap collective nor did it produce any actual good music that didn't cater to weird white suburban kids. It's not a coincidence that when Odd Future finally collapsed in on itself it gave birth to truely free individuals within the group who were able to find theirselves and cultivate their own talent.

Hell, look at Tyler, Syd, and Frank. They're all members of OF who are doing really well for themselves and have their own styles.

I know. The official Church Of Satan twitter account says they're just atheists

they had a very right time right place beginning. its like they had the perfect aesthetic for 18 months

off topic but church of satan is an oxymoron. If a group of people worshipped satan theyd be nomads or something

This is correct, they had the best timing and luck possible, but if you think about it much of music is being lucky. But I'm saying that if you look at it objectively, nothing that OF put out as a group was any good at all, and most of the members who had talent had their work suffer because of it.
Bastard is Tyler's only "DECENT" work before he went solo, and even then it's still very childish, same thing with Earl, but I don't really count him as OF because he went solo much before everyone else because of his personal and family issues.

>IDLS is better than anything Tyler's done.
No, it's not, unless you include Goblin, then I'd understood. IDLS was Earl's half-assed attempt at "maturity", thinking maturity meant being as mopey and boring as possible. I'd rather listen to the EARL tape than that garbage. It was also incredibly lazy, while Tyler was growing and attempting things such as Wolf a whole two years before.

This phrase is keeping me from understanding anything that is being said

is this a no you?

So it’s just an arbitrary group of people

>Goblin
>good music

What the flying fuck?
I love the internet thought. And the other 2 are at least debatable.

Athiests who realized god doesn't exist so they start writing 666 everywhere and drawing upside down crosses, in this case, the black people who did this.

so theyre just poser satanists then

They do it to feel special, when I was a dumb teen I did it a little to feel special.

well if somebody deifies the bible devil than theyre satanists teenage or otherwise. Thats the rule in my parts anyways

X is music from the perspective of a thug and ex prisoner, Odd Future were some silly boys who liked pissing off white people. Odd future is fine and all but X is actually dark. Part of the enjoyment of X is that I don't have to agree with his behaviour, just enjoy his perspective and vibe.
Though I will agree with you on this: Lil Uzi < Odd Future

Totally agree.

>A thug
lol more like frustrated manlet

so chubby from odd future feels like family?

2011 was so GOAT

yeah black athiest emo satanist wasnt an insane thing to say back then cuz those couldve been tumblr tags