Alex Calder Appreciation Thread

I just feel so fucking bad for the guy its bothering the hell out of me. Broke busboy at 27, career never took off despite making decent music, watches his childhood best friend become the biggest thing in indie music. And now I'm hearing the woman in question is his now ex-girlfriend of many years who he was drunkenly fighting with one night and went too far. Situation is fucked

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UVIGTXnXIw0
youtube.com/watch?v=hJkM_PWmKS0
youtube.com/watch?v=pxfHKvfAAM0
youtube.com/watch?v=wlnzoefl-aw
youtube.com/watch?v=qvLfoGCTbas
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=UVIGTXnXIw0

>And now I'm hearing the woman in question is his now ex-girlfriend of many years who he was drunkenly fighting with one night and went too far.
source??

also look at ths guy youtube.com/watch?v=hJkM_PWmKS0
hes rdy to kill himself

This guy will probably kill himself sadly :(

Tragic. Even if he's innocent he's not big enough to clear his name. All that'll come up when you google him is "ALLEGED RAPIST"

Pour one out for the lizard man

Why did mac endorse homeshake over Alex's music?

Homeshake is crap but he got big.

alex seemed more like the serious pessimistic guy of the crew.

A friend at Captured who told me she came to them last week

if he really 'went too far' then he's a cunt and deserves what he gets.

Peter is honestly a huge asshole too, anybody whose seen him live Im sure can attest

damn i guess that another user was right about him being drunk with a girl.
fuck rip

I’ve been drunk a lot and never sexually assaulted anyone, I don’t see how that’s an excuse if that’s what happened.

drunk people yell over his quiet songs and sometimes hes a little short in interviews how does that compare to alleged sexual assault

It doesn't. The comment was referring to Peter's music being endorsed over Calders. And I've been to multiple sets where he's been nothing but bratty and rude towards the audience for problems with his equipment

I've never met him or his girlfriend so i couldn't say how that dynamic was but maybe I'm a shitty person for sympathizing when I hear about some guy in a deteriorating relationship panicking and getting blackout drunk doing something incredibly stupid. I just hope he doesn't off himself

RIP

he's better off killing himself tbqh.
shame we might not ever get to hear his new release. looked like it might be his best yet

Mac kinda ditched him after he got famous

Dubs and he pulls an Ian Curtis

thank god

trips of death
rip alex

this

You fucking idiot you've killed him

Honestly i don't know the full story and i agree that if he did rape a girl then he deserves to get some shit, but not have his fucking album scrapped. That's just selfish to the few fans that the guy has. Taking music away from people because of a personal situation shouldn't be allowed.

are you a 27 yr old failure of a musician who washes dishes for a living. while having your skate career ruined because of arthritis and having to deal iBS?

Not to mention sales would be reduced to shit because of the rape allegations already.

>tfw alex won't respond to me on instagram
hes getting the rope as we speak

Mark my words hipsters in 2070 will rediscover this guy's music and romanticize his shitty life and hail him as some sort of tortured "lost genius". This guy will have a 4.00 on the future equivalent of RYM.

Should I just not come into physical contact with women if i ever plan on a music career?

All you need to do is treat women like queens and never disrespect them

And if a woman hurts you? Simply be the better man and leave.

he will probably make a deal with the label and it will most likely get released in some way

He's an annoying self-hating pretentious numale cuck who hates music made by white people, that being said I enjoy his music

What does that have to do with anything? Do you think alcohol just turns people into rape monsters? That’s not an alcohol thing, it’s an asshole thing. I’m not even sure if he did it but “wah wah I was drunk” is the weakest excuse if he did.

Nah, just don’t rape women and you’ll be ok

Rip alex

Jesus christ that's a shitshow

2 7 C L U B

You guys realize Calder's almost 29, right?

So it involved alcohol

Literally what happened though

He's the Jason Aldean of indie

underrated

even worse. guy is finished

>What does that have to do with anything?
so i take that as a no then?
live his life and see how you'll end up kid.

Shame that, his instagram is really funny too

Who else heard his new album on one of his late night live-streams

Also gonna be rich selling my signed copy of Mold BOy

how much

10 k
no lowballl please

Still not an excuse to sexually assault someone

is he a fucking alt righter or not?

OP here. My friend works at Captured and does a lot of in-between work with Canadian artists on their label. When all this Calder stuff blew up I asked him about it and he told me that his longtime girlfriend had come forward to friends at the label about an incident that had occurred one night while they were in the process of breaking up. Apparently he was piss drunk and they were having a huge fight when a sexual encounter took place that she didn't feel was consensual. Pretty much verbatim all I was told and I'm not trying to bug him too much about as it should all come out pretty soon anyway.

ill give you 9k

9k and you have to give more a kiss

8k and a hand job

Done. Just give me address and bank info

23652 Susana Ave, torrance, ca
Payment on delivery

Hol up OMW

I live in Hacienda Heights

I'll be here

God damn that's just shitty for everyone involved. He's still in the wrong though

Why would she come forward to them and not the police? Just to ruin his career?

dude watch this video youtube.com/watch?v=pxfHKvfAAM0
all he has left is his music.

*all he had

F

He was probably extra fucked up from mixing with painkillers on rape night if he had osteoarthritis. yikes

F

So she just decided it was rape because they were having a fight? What the fuck does that even mean

To be fair this video was done as a joke. But like all things, his jokes are actually the way his life is. So, yea F

Until proven, innocent.

Trips of terror, why would you reroll for him?

Not if my quads have anything to say

He's confirmed done

Wow people at that label sure can't keep their mouths shut can they?

Quick post liked song of Calder

History High

Ignore
Avoid women. They offer nothing. Acquire currency/accolade/experiences.

whoa

I don't feel bad for him, its pretty easy not to rape

its not rape if its your girlfriend

Will he still release his album digitally

Its not your girlfriend if its your ex

oh

youtube.com/watch?v=wlnzoefl-aw
Please don't let this man kill himself

its not your ex if youre still fighting

youtube.com/watch?v=qvLfoGCTbas

Lets start a go fund me for Alex for the legal team

"If the glove don't fit, you must acquit!"

You should avoid physical contact with women in general
Heterosexuality is a meme

Oh god this is evidence isn't it?

NOOOOOO

music people (at least from today) are retarded and not professional at all

More like RAPE BOY

This will surely put him behind bars. Just look at his unwanted sexual rapevances

kek

I find it funny that this incident will probably result in the most exposure of his entire career behind being associated with Mac Demarco. What a shitty life desu

better than yours and mine at least

fuck you're right...

What did he mean by this

MAC is next
cap this

Nah too big to fail

Ariel pink & james ferraro are coming too

wait-n-see

I've heard that Mac's song 'Treat Her Better' is about Peter. Don't quote me on it, though.