There just isnt much to get excited about in these movies. The direction is too safe and too stale

There just isnt much to get excited about in these movies. The direction is too safe and too stale.

bump

I agree. Fellowship is the best because of comfy adventuring type stuff but in the later movies there are literally zero stakes because our heroes are invincible killing machines that never screw up. Frodo and Sam get annoying fast and the ending of Return is so fucking stupid and absurd it feels like a dream sequence. Even the books aren't that good, at least the movies have cool battles to watch but there isn't much depth and the CGI has aged like shit.

Of course most Sup Forums users will be shocked and appalled that these "masterpieces" aren't universally loved and will call us contrarians, shouting things like:
>muh practical armor
>muh massive organisation of extras
>muh planning and detail

But none of that matters when the movies have zero depth and not much in the way of innovation or unique special effects

you are objectively wrong, thanks

EVERYONE tale note. This is the example of a cuck little drone faggot with no taste

and this is a fine sir

Bumping for any more discussion on the matter

I pretty much agree with this user. I still return to Fellowship every now and then, simply because of how great it actually is. But it's way above the two other films in quality. The only things I really remember from Two Towers and Return of the king is the battle scenes, but even they are interrupted by boring shit that no one really gives a shit about.

>a fine sir

reddit boy go home

That's empty criticism, same as saying it's vanilla.

>when you fell for it

Way to out yourself as underage.

Anyone who isnt a thirteen year old autist will agree, I'm 26 and only fellowship was ever good.

the lotr trilogy, as a whole, is the last great epic.

new line cinema gave jackson $300 mil and it proved to be almost a 10x return on investment. that's fucking bonkers. that's fucking insane. it's inconceivable in today's movie environment

I can't rank the three films because to me they comprise one complete work. it would be like ranking the acts of a play or chapters in a book. overall it's good in my opinion, slow and trudging at times but it does a good job of getting you invested. solid thumbs up/10 movie

>its epic
>zero tone progression or stake

I agree. Fellowship is the best because of comfy adventuring type stuff but in the later movies there are literally zero stakes because our heroes are invincible killing machines that never screw up. Frodo and Sam get annoying fast and the ending of Return is so fucking stupid and absurd it feels like a dream sequence. Even the books aren't that good, at least the movies have cool battles to watch but there isn't much depth and the CGI has aged like shit.
Hit the nail on the head

Agreed. It's tedium on roofies.
Worst trilogy evar (after star wars episodes I-III)

Glad we can agree user

>Starting a controversial with two small sentences

>I was only pretending to be retarded

>missing the implication. how does one deal with autismo

Here's a better question

What has made everyone born after 1996 so fucking insufferable

Was it the lead in the water, why the fuck do you act the way you act

It was based off a book. we all knew what was gonna happen it was about seeing the journey come to life.

I personally am still impressed just how fucking great these movies still are, after practically everyone and their grandmother copied pretty much everything there is to copy besides the story itself.

>teenagers actually think this

Born in 1990 fight me

I'm the exact same age as you. How does it feel knowing someone at your age has differing opinion on movies?