Does this show really live up to it's hype? I just started watching it...

Does this show really live up to it's hype? I just started watching it, i'm at episode 5 and i'm rapidly losing interest, will it get better? or was my roomie right when he said every mob movie/show was overrated?

get better friends ahmed

Cuck
Pleb
Retard

Season 1 is something you gotta push through. It's difficult to watch the first time around. But then you get to season 2, which is always what hooks people.

>Richie

best mafia series tbqh

Silvio is better than Paulie, Meadow is a bitch and Junior did nothing wrong

Stick to got

dropped it 3 episodes in

>or was my roomie right when he said every mob movie/show was overrated?
your roomie has shit taste if that's his opinion.
i can meet him half way and say that the sopranos is a bit overrated, but it's mostly good and worth watching, especially compared to most tv shows.
im starting season 4 myself.

idk why but i'll take your word for it.

Blow it out of your arses dweebs

What? I'm around episode 4 and it's pretty good so far, just a comfy mob drama.

t. Pleb

It gets a lot better in season 2. Production value picks up and Richie is a wonderful villain for the series to focus on, whereas season 1 is more about the intricacies of the Soprano crime family and Tony's homelife.

He kinda got me thinking tho, movies like goodfellas, the departed, donnie brasco even some of godfather. Is so overrated

Agreed... but Bobby is best character

fuck off chink

mind explaining why?

Goodfellas is not overrated.

The rest of that shit is though.

>goodfellas
>overrated
congratulations, now you and your roommate have shit taste

it keeps getting better imo

also get the fuck out of here before you get bombarded with spoilers

i find them to be uncreative and shallow.
I mean, if you find sleezy fat slightly older italian dudes in suit to be cool, the mobster movies is just for you. It just doesn't provide what i like in my TV. It doesn't leave you thinking.. it's shallowless with about no filosfi, not even action actually.

To put it short. Mobster movies are just fat sleezy italian dudes who intimidates people.

>thinks mob movies are overrated
>list some of the most mainstream and pleb movies from the genre
no reason you think they're overrated, you have no taste

>The Godfather I & II
>Overrated
how does it feel having no taste?

i asked you to explain why, you're just listing buzzword after buzzword
why to prove you have no taste

FUCKIN FANOOK OVA HEA!

yeah, Bobby is cool

not every person who watches mobster movies has a romantic perception of gangsters
are you seriously implying that the only reason someone would or should watch a mod movie is so they think it's "cool?"
idk where you keep grabbing shallowness from, the writing, pacing, and character development in most of those movies is on point. tony sopranos development through out the show is great for example.
>It doesn't leave you thinking
then think harder, theirs plenty of substance in the movies you listed earlier, the director isn't going to spell it out for in right in front of your face you have to actually think about it dip.
get some taste.

Get a tripcode so we can cull your retarded opinions

BTFO
/thread

Its the most overrated show one here

And thats same something

It aged like milk

OP here you guys sure are sensitive, just because i don't appreciate a certain genre (because it's obviously inferior) doesn't mean i don't have taste

WATCH IT user

We're ganging up on you because you're a collegefag who types like a girl.

weak b8 senpai

apply urself

explain why then
other wise your opinion is worthless
don't get pissy because no one agrees with you

And i said some of godfather is shit. Not all of it about 60% of it is enjoyable

t. Pleb Redditor

literally no one here is mad
everyone just shut you down and now you're butthurt

>hey guys this sucks
>uh no, here's why
>WOW YOU GUYS SURE ARE BUTTHURT
>no

name 5 great things about mobster movies

tony kills christopher
tony dies
she was a whore

The mainstream pleb ones would logically be the overrated ones though?

once again a pleb finds his way into Sup Forums and shares is shitty opinion and then gets mad when most of Sup Forums disagrees with him. such is the way of life.

I thought it was just a pretty well done show that has higher ambition than a lot of TV dramas all through season 2. Season 2 being better than 1. But season 3 is one of my all time favorite seasons of any show ever. Season 4 is almost on the same level, then season 5 was a let down for me, and season six is great, except for one little side character arc that takes up a few episode, in which the show is as bad as it ever got imo.

fuck off ya cunt

just because something is popular doesn't mean it's "bad"
i was implying that there are better mob movies out there and judging an entire genre based on a few mainstream films is retarded

What did David Chase mean by this?

OP here thanks pal, this was all i was looking for, i'll keep on watching.

why would i be mad lol

i hope you get eaten by maggots alive.

If you like Mad Men you'll like The Sopranos

If you don't like Mad Men you should kill yourself

No, it's shit, but it was one of those HBO Sunday night phenomenon shows when it was airing so a lot of people bought into the meme until it overstayed its welcome.

The WATCH IT CHRISSY "meme" has been a thing on Sup Forums for at least 3 years. That line is usually a starter for Sopranos threads. It's just much more frequent know, with the addition of photoshopping Paulie's hand gesture onto a lot of images.

>why would i be mad
because you went out of your way to make this post when nobody was mad to begin with.
you're a lot more transparent then you think you are.
>lol
stop please

Name seven better mafia films than Godfather.

>mfw all these terrible opinions
>"the only mob movies are the few by Scorsese and the Godfather movies, because those are the only ones I've seen"
>mfw these same folks likely eat up "capekino" and TWD and GoT

What's so terrible about the vito arc?

>she was a whore

that's a subjective opinion
the movies i like over the godfather are not objectively better, their just the films i like
your question takes away from the meaning of my post and adds nothing to the statement
>hurr durr play my game so i can tell you witch movies you picked out suck
i've been here too long to give a shit about these kinds of post anymore

atleast 3 people has called me mad, including you when i wasnt.. i don't see your point

absolutely nothing, it's something plebs cry about

i don't get your point either
if you're not mad then stop replying to me
if you have the answers to your own questions then don't ask them

user forgot to mention that Richie dies, Livia dies(horrible cg), Junior goes senile, Ralphie takes it up the ass from Tony's dothead sister,Ralphie was bald (dies), Jackie Jr. dies, and a myriad of other things.

You're a retard for asking people about a tv show and not experiencing it yourself.

You never had what a takes to be a varsity gabbagool.

>there are better movies
>i can't name a single one though

kys

prime examples why you guys are mad

In hindsight I like the arc for that scene when Vito is working and he thinks an hour has passed especially when alcoholics anonymous shoebox has his faggot face bashed in.

>ywn eat grilled cheese off a radiator with the shinebox of Iran

Feels bad man...

>explain to him how better is subjective and that I don't want to play his game
>pretends to ignore it
>using kys unironically
>implying it matters what I list

>Does this show really live up to it's hype?
No, it's a soap opera made for women with some violence thrown in to keep the men interested. As someone who just watched it for the first time a couple months ago, I must say I don't understand the hype.
That intro song is pretty awesome, though.

Who said I'm mad?

You just never had what it took to develop an opinion of your own and become a varsity gabagoo on your own and expect people to spoonfeed you on why you should like something.

how are either of these people mad?

spoken like a true Sup Forumsdrone
he's right though, better is a subjective opinion

>episode 3
>ALREADY a Jew episode with crazy curly haired hasidic weirdos

jeez HBO. Not every show needs to be about Jews
>literally talking hebrew and calling people golems

you sound pretty mad

What the fuck is a golem?

WHAT THE FUCK IS A GOLEM

>people still use kys unironically
leave now

>people still use leave now unironically

kys

literally the first episode is kino what the fuck is wrong with you

kys

op if you're going to watch it i recommend that you try and forget any spoilers you've just seen and just work through until season 2. its heat

I don't think mobsters are cool, I think they are disgusting people. Murderers and crooks. It is still interesting to watch and see how the characters interact and how insane they are.

leave now

also remember that pussy is a rat and gets killed in season 2

Anybody got a webm of Phil coming out the closet to watch the fag get beat to death?

Phil is my favorite character in later seasons and I was worried as fuck for Christuhfa.

You don't understand the hype because you're either dumb, inexperienced/underage or trolling.
Seriously, it's impossible to not appreciate The Sopranos, just like it's impossible to say Dostoyevsky is a shit writer or that Mozart is a shit composer.
It's either trolling/edgy contrarianism or the fact you're dumb/inexperienced and you can't understand the intricacies of art and the value of art.
And this show is art. It has universal messages, despite being set in New Jersey and dealing with Italian mob.
I also don't get people who go "oh yeah this episode is good but this one isn't and this moment is bad...", these things should be taken as whole, and observed as whole.
And as whole, it's the one of best things on screen ever.

I use to think it was overrated as fuck. Then I actually say down and watched the whole thing and now I consider it the best show ever made.

And to add, best thing about this show is how they managed to make it interesting without resorting to unrealistic "epic" moments and convoluted plots with superhuman cartoonish characters.
That's what separates it from shows like Breaking Bad. It's literally in another league.

This is just the kind of shit that makes people say "that's it?". It's just a tv show with lots of stupid tv shit, nothing more.

Yeah and life is just some chemical reactions and electrical impulses, nothing more. Better kill yourself right now.

I thought you were a baccalĂ  man, Uncle Jun. What are you doin' eatin' sushi?

If you think that's the logical reaction to life being just some chemical reactions and electrical impulses you're even more retarded than I thought.

Logical reaction to nihilism is suicide. That is if you're really a nihilist, and not just a moral nihilist.

>Logical reaction to nihilism is suicide

What the fuck are you talking about?

It's the best piece of television ever created, David Chase is a genius. Season 6B is the greatest thing ever put on television.

Did they ever explain how Uncle June got laser vision?

you gave him a CPR

It's great

if you drop shows mere episodes in, without giving it time to flesh out and develop then you area an irredeemable pleb

>Season 1 is something you gotta push through. It's difficult to watch the first time around. But then you get to season 2, which is always what hooks people.
Are you fucking kidding me?????
The first episode is fuggin great u mongoloid