Hey Sup Forums my gas was shut off because I didn't pay the bill...

Hey Sup Forums my gas was shut off because I didn't pay the bill, the guy came out to turn it on today and wanted to see the clothes dryer inside. I let him in and he started asking questions, was I staying there, am I remodelling the whole place, and wanted to go out the front door. The entire place is gutted and I don't have permits, the gas company is ran by the city. Is this guy going to tell the inspectors & building dept? This is in Los Angeles County. I'm freaking out, been out of work and behind on mortgage... this will fuck things up bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

longbeach.gov/lbgo/
dpw.lacounty.gov/bsd/content/faq.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Retard not getting permits. Assuming some type of Mexican?

you will be homeless soon

I started the process then had some setbacks, injury & expenses I wasn't expecting. Are city workers rats?

U did not no de way bruda

Can't let that happen

I fucked up, maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Fucking depression.

if you are doing the work on your own property you can tell them to stick the permits up their ass.
Mortgage company might not be too impressed though.
and yes, even the garbage man is a rat and will snitch you out.

Yeah, my own property but worried they'll red tag it or something. I wish I didn't let him in.

mexican

I wish I was as smart as a mexican

>if you are doing the work on your own property you can tell them to stick the permits up their ass.
you dont really know how permits work do you?

Has anyone been busted by the guy turning on the gas?

>was I staying there, am I remodelling the whole place
Those are normal questions when your house looks like that. The gas guy isn't a spy, he doesn't give a fuck. How would he even know if you had permits or not? Or care? The gas guy works for the gas company not a municipality like the town or county.

The city provides utility services here, he does in fact work for the city, that's why I'm trippin. If it was the cable guy it would be a different story, this guy was nosy and sneaky like a cop.

Hes a gas man.
They dont pay enough to snitch

longbeach.gov/lbgo/

They share an office with the building dept.

I was cool with the guy, hope he doesn't fuck me over.

Cali needs to fuck off, Texas here and I have worked alot of Cali

too Liberal and too poor, they give the Elitists the benefit and the poor suffer more and more

>The gas guy works for the gas company not a municipality

Gas company will get blamed if your shitty house blows up after they turn your gas back on. They are just covering their ass.

LA County? They will snitch.

The gas guy works for the municipality.

I hope it was just a standard procedure.

You don't have to pull permits for that type of work. Unless you are really changing the structure of the house, redoing electrical, plumbing etc.

Fuck. That's what my gut is telling me.

Depends on local ordinances, and California is fucking drowning in local ordinances. You can't cut a wet fart in your house without a fucking hall pass.

Depends on how lazy he is and how bored. Maybe he forgets or has better to do. Maybe he speaks with someone and remember you. Maybe he is an lonely fag who speaks about it to get attention and feeling of superior

Tore all that out, at least it's open and not covered. I guess I better prepare for permits.

>>Los Angeles
YUP you're fucked

I couldn't quite gauge him, had a junior narc vibe to him... was weird.

oh well, maybe this could be a good thing. still lame though

You should have paid your bills, moron.

You're fucked, bro. You should probably just kill yourself now before uncle sam comes to collect your anus.

Anyone can report unsafe living conditions in LA. I don't know if this guy is required to or not. I also don't know if your required to pull permits when you're doing work on a home that you own. In most places you do not, however the house has to be to code when you sell.
According to this:
dpw.lacounty.gov/bsd/content/faq.aspx
"Yes, you do need permits (building, plumbing, electrical, and possibly mechanical) to modify a room or build an addition to your home."
It sounds like you need permits even if you own the property. So if he turns you in you're screwed.

I guess its time for manic depression to end so I can deal with this.

Been on the edge for a while

Shit happens. Got shorted a lot of money by a shady contractor and a bunch of estimates didn't get approved. Sometimes things just suck

>LA County? They will snitch.

THIS. LA County and LA Muni workers are a bunch of cunts. Only employees worth a fuck are LAPD and LAFD

t. retired pig

How many LAPD does it take to change a lightbulb?

None, they just beat the room for being black.

>Hey Sup Forums my gas was shut off because I didn't pay the bill, the guy came out to turn it on today and wanted to see the clothes dryer inside.
Why? How did he know you have a clothes dryer? Never let anyone in without a warrant. Then you wouldn't have to worry. If they want to fuck you up the ass you will be getting a visit from the building inspector or whatever the equivalent department is out there, soon.

Thanks for the input, not what I wanted to hear but I appreciate the honesty.

I don't know, I told him it was just a dryer with no pilot but he said he had to see it. Really fucking stupid of me, kicking myself.

In low light, it's brown so that works too

Most of them are a bunch of low-life, union protected shitbirds all trying to kiss enough ass to get promoted out of the field and into an office.

This has been true for decades. And it's Cali, most people there are assholes anyhow.

So glad I left that shithole

I built a railing for my patio that got destroyed by a tree, some guy from the city came and I told them to go fuck themselves because I’m trying to make it safe for kids... u should probably b ok if it is for safety

County building inspector here. Yes. You are going to be ratted out. You can probably expect a county inspector within 2 to 3 days. Prepare to explain yourself and pay a small fine. They will require you to obtain a permit and set a schedule for inspection. No big deal.

What are you doing? I don't know how it is there but here in NY you can't buld anything larger than an 8x8 without pulling a permit, but electrical and plumbing you have to get inspected and it usually requires a licensed contractor, you can do the work yourself (most of it) but it better be up to code or they'll flatten it and fine you.
Freedom.

>LAPD
Did you have the opportunity to partake in the beating of Rodney King?

There was no insulation so I removed the plaster, the electrical was old so removed it also. I haven't put it all back together yet.

Don't let guys like this corner you (checked).

How is a guy gutting his house "for safety." Does this guy know all about electrics, water, heat, insulation, load bearing walls, and everything else one needs to know about constructing a safe home or does he just know quite a few things and thinks he can do everything himself because it's cheap?

I started the process 5 years ago then bunch of stuff happened...never got the whole permit but paid 1200. What should I tell them? Everything is open at least. I was trying to save so I can finish but money is tight, been fucked in the head basically.

Tell them you had significant personal loss and it resulted in financial issues. Be cool about it. Don't be a kiss ass, but don't try to make their job more difficult. All the inspector wants is the job done to code... Or at least close to code.

I am a licensed contractor and high end finish carpenter, I didn't get an engineer just went by type v sheet. Not doing anything crazy, just upgrading but been in the weirdest funk. Wife took kids out of country, lost will to live type thing

I believe there is a certain allowable amount of things you can do, but you will need a licensed inspector to green light it's up to code and they can be petty fucking tyrants, and somethings (specifically an electrical subpanel in my case) HAD to be put in by a licensed electrician. I built an 8x8 shed, then I built another, and connected them, then I built another, then I built one more and connected them together ran water and electricity into it (hence the subpanel) and grew pot in it. Until the neighbors called the building inspector. He mildly impressed about how I a built a shotgun shack in my backyard without violating the letter of the law, wired with plumbing, (no fucking gas though, thank god) but said it was still illegal.

I've got

No, because if I had it would not have been a prolonged beating, two hits. Me hitting him, him hitting the ground.

I did know 3 of the people involved though.

Thank you for your insight. If ironically I work for multi millionaires and billionaires on their projects, this place is basically a shop in the ghetto but I love it. Walnut furniture, servo drive, solid hardwood edgebanding milled in, whatever the higher quality idea is we go with that. next level shit but I live in a dump

That sounds pretty fucking dope and creative. No pun intended. I wonder if you could get away with it if you used a power cord with a breaker you could take out.

TX has chemical plant explosion next to a nursing home and TWO schools. Fucking morons and their deregulation.

Did you realize the beating inspired kids in elementary schools to beat other kids with their winter mitts?

You magnificent bastard

have a friend who IS a licensed electrician, who put in AND was able to sign off on the electrical inspection. I was able to grease the right palm although it didn't really feel that way, I kicked a friend a few hundred dollars and I had legal electrical hook up, but as I type it out it seems a bit shady. But it worked. There is more than one way to de-fur a feline.

yeah, I'm all broke up about it too

I was just reminiscing about childhood memories.

Found the guatemalian

Lol I'm a genius that gets up late. I'm part beaner, work with many (I do live in L.A.) I challenge you to keep up with these guys. Most white guys I hire try to get by on their merit, and fail miserably, ego is a weakness...a bluff. Either get down and work or fuck off I don't care what color you are