Alice in the Cities

Detachment

Bloody Daddy with mel gibson

Leon

leon the professional

>I don't want you to see me like this

i love this "girl with daddy issues searches for a new father figure" genre

also Lawn Dogs

how come after all these years cinema is still unable to produce a gem like The Last of Us?

i have never been so emotionally invested in a film compared to my experience playing The Last of Us™. tb h I'm starting to lose hope that cinema will be able to produce something akin to it

I don't see why not. He is one of those distant fathers anyways

Welcome to the Rileys

The Cosby Show

Just beat the Remastered on PS4 and a quarter the way through replay, absolute kino

The Man From Nowhere

Terminator 2

Life Is Beautiful, pic related and The Way Way Back. Steve Carrell really sells his role in a way I wasn't expecting in the last one, About Time hit me with the father/son stuff when I wasn't expecting it and Life Is Beautiful is just fucking fantastic.

did Ellie stopped trusting him in the last scene (one of the several possible meanings for "The Last of US") or was she making sure he'd stick to his lie to be close to her no matter what because she finally found someone who'd never leave her alone?

This game is awful.

Leon.

no. she knows Joel lied to him and trusts him on what to do with their future.

yeah my reading too

the writer was more numale-ish about it tho (which is why i assume he made her a strong independent lesbian)

contrarian

Leon is a good choice though.

its not really a strong independent lesbian but the fact that Ellie has seen so much shit happen she's really not that much affected by things around her just like Joel with his hard ass attitude at the beginning

>Daddy

>i have never been so emotionally invested in a film compared to my experience playing The Last of Us™.

That's because you're a pleb, it's no reflection on cinema. That gif of the dog vomiting while humping is of greater artistic worth than The Last of Us. The word 'fuck' written in shit on a bathroom stall is of greater artistic worth than The Last of Us.

>numale
Opinion disregarded. A girl kisses a girl and you're triggered beyond belief.

No, The Last of Us is pretentioncore.

No, cuntboi, I mean the writer literally made a whole thing about how Joel was selfish patriarch with his disgusting feelings towards ellie was property not that different from the canibal - and Ellie's final "okay" was a waking moment for her that made her separate herself from Joel

so of course he wrote her as gay later on

sure bro with that reply i'm pretty sure you're a high class patrician. great retort bro yep you sure impressed me

Why would I want to?

You just know

The Road.

What about mother figures?
A boy's best friend is his mother.

Wew lad. She's grown

Commando