What instrument did you play in the high school concert/marching band?

What instrument did you play in the high school concert/marching band?

Clarinet reporting in, also wished i picked up a trumpet.

Sousaphone

Trumpet

Trombone concert/baritone marching here. Really wanna get back into trombone for jazz purposes but can't justify the purchase

Trombone. fuck that.

viola. I wanted to be john cale. instead I was more lou

I played clarinet too.

Guitar

can you play the God Tier Bass Clarinet?

Tenor Sax in the jazz band. I was the worst one there at my instrument, that combined with severe autism guaranteed I never make a close relationship with anyone there. Still was in it for 3 years.

Euphonium, never did marching band just wind ensemble

Bells.
Just the bells.

trumpet in marching band, trumpet and baritone horn in orchestra. our school had over 100 in each

I started with Tenor Sax in 5th grade but had to switch to Alto because it was hurting my back to carry the thing, and I played in concert bands until I graduated. I played in jazz bands kinda like every other year but because I was so shitty at waking up early, I kept getting told to get my shit together and take it more seriously despite how much I wanted to play. I was that kid who was always first chair too, and I got in the more difficult ensembles early on. I think it was because I was raised in a church where I could play with any instrument multiple times a week. My sightreading scores were always one of the highest if not the highest, and I give credit to rhythm games, which I played for most of my adolescence.

Despite all that, I became a degenerate and I remain a poorfag who barely retained any advanced theory and I can't play a decent solo to save my life. Of course, people complimented my tone and vibrato, at different points in my life.

I still really want to be able to solo, but I feel so inadequate. I took jazz classes after high school and I even sought out my own private lesson teacher for jazz, but I still can't manage. Sucks because where I live there's a rich jazz scene.

Luckily, I was able to jam on drums and guitar with a lot of musicians over the years. That was fun. Had to sell my kit last year though, because I moved.

My new landlords don't like loud music, but I'm thinking I should just say fuck it and start doing long tones again.

Anyway, /blog

Marched bass clarinet 3 years, played that and contrabass fort 4 years.

Cello all 4 years, wish I kept playing ;(

Saxophone

I was first chair flute

Flute

Me too. I still have mine, I still have the muscle memory required to make it sound decent I just have no inspiration to make music... I wish I did.

soprano and bass clarinets in b flat

played trumpet, can't play anymore tho

Euph for concert, baritone for marching, trombone for jazz and orchestra.

I miss it:/

nigga

Trombone. I only did that for two years though.

Bass clarinet in middle school. I was pretty bad and I was really autistic about the reed buzzing.

the bestest one

If you want a cheap-ass trombone just to dick around with, why not get a pbone?

Shaker :^(

fuk yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my boy