What's the saddest album you've ever listened to Sup Forums?

what's the saddest album you've ever listened to Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

patronsaint.bandcamp.com/album/sorry
youtube.com/watch?v=LZwmxBmUNhs
youtube.com/watch?v=i2rJdfqD0-U
youtu.be/upQFn7sPfF4
youtu.be/M9z4WRs44x8
youtu.be/fh-U7nagCjw
youtu.be/YLHLPbEQ-hE
youtube.com/watch?v=5QzdCch9D2M&list=PLB996CBC2FFF49CCE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Definitely this. Made the mistake of listening to it on a bad day, was bawling by the end.

Sparklehorse is my fucking man.
Love their music to death.
Maria's little elbow is my fav track from that record. Such a sad track, but then again, most of their music is pretty sad.

For me it's come on in

Not the album but Limousine always get me. Fuck its such a depressing story

Nice.
I'll hear this album again today.

Inbefore newfag, but Musick to play on the dark, vol. 1. I probably shouldn't have listened to Coil so much when I was considering suicide, it sure didn't make me feel better at all.

what album?

Magneto fucking destroys me

patronsaint.bandcamp.com/album/sorry

if you can vibe with the concept this album is pretty damn sad. The album title is "The Bitter End" artist in file name.

In rainbows by Radiohead.

How Normie am I

Are there any songs on IR that make you sad besides videotape? I love the album too but that's the only song on it that I'd consider sad

I love my mom.

I remember listening to this album for the first time on a plane ride. I didn't think it was going to be anything special, but it fucking ruined me on the plane, "Oh mother I apologize for the person I've become" part is heartbreaking.

I was gonna post an Elliott Smith album, but I don't find his albums sad. there's always a slightly depressing factor but none of his albums are downright depressing really. but this unreleased demo is definitely one of the saddest he wrote.

the fact that he was sexually abused kinda makes this song kill me inside. its a beautiful song, really.

youtube.com/watch?v=LZwmxBmUNhs

here's another unreleased demo by him that's also really fucking sad youtube.com/watch?v=i2rJdfqD0-U

agreed with this guy.I can think of multiple albums in thier discography that are sadder.

The Bends comes to mind first.

You know honestly, I’m rainbows is the only album of theirs I’ve heard. The way yorke sings sounds very nostalgic and heartbroken. And this one song made my friend cry cuz he said it reminded him of his sister who almost died.

I'd say A Moon Shaped Pool is their saddest album by far.

easily

I like this album a lot but I think that IAWL and Vivadixie are both a lot better, some of my favorite albums of all time. Painbirds is fantastic though

youtu.be/upQFn7sPfF4

God yes, it was playing through my head, how'd you know!!??

youtu.be/M9z4WRs44x8

Sad matter but still uplifting

youtu.be/fh-U7nagCjw

great song
Watch the live version, Kate's nearly crying by the end. Must have been rough times when The Red Shoes was made
youtu.be/YLHLPbEQ-hE

love this album, never see them get talked about on Sup Forums

Bummer that it's lip synced, would have been great for Clapton to be there live with her. Nice to see her but so tame for her! No dancing.... *sniffle* Thanks for it I'm enjoying

pic related. i listened to this around the time my dad died young and 'dum dum boys' still gets me

Idk if I'd actually call their actual songs depressing, but I can't listen to The Carpenters without getting majorly bummed.

actually now I'm listening to the carpenters again, and these songs are def depressing as fuck. But Idk, maybe it's just power of suggestion

this album destroys me every time

1990's much more heartbreaking, especially considering all the events that occurred around the album

Even if you're shitposting you shouldbe ashamed

when did you find out you were gay

A Moon Shaped Pool and Kid A are kind of sadder. I mean just listen to Motion Picture Soundtrack and see if you can make it through without tearing up

Nothing gets me like Junior Dad, there's a primal force of longing and regret that surpasses anything either contributing artists have ever made before and since

This whole album just makes me depressed. Like, what the fuck was Brand New going through when they went from Deja to TDAG?

Probably this. Especially knowing the context. Don't think any other album ever brought me to tears.

Alot of people Jesse knew died

Can't believe nobody has posted this one yet.

That explains a whole lot. God damn this album is a complete 180. In like a good way

grouper - ruins

Carrisa's Wierd - Songs About Leaving
So You Wanna Be A Superhero is a song for those stuck in unemployment hell

Good post

I'm not even meme-ing. This shit is heartbreaking to listen to

this

There are other albums that come close, but nothing hits it home like this one. The Eternal and Decades make me want to catch a noose.

absolute newfag. and i say this unironically

This album is soul destroying
Also this

what album is this?

Pill Friends - Blessed Suffering
according to google image search

This one. Especially 'I can't live without my mother' makes me cry everytime.

Fucking love pill friends.
Always listened to their music when i was bummed out like 2 years ago, which was every day.
I think I like fade into nothing or their latest lp a little bit more tho.
Suffering has been one of my go to miserable songs for years.

The title track is one of the most depressing songs I've ever heard.

her new one is gonna be even worse

nude fucking hurts

Same, plus I listened to C&L again when my grandpa died and I bawled my eyes out

sad music is much more powerful when it's actually good. I like microphones and Mt eerie but this album is just sad and not good

Pretty safe choice but sad if you have a significant other. Even if your relationship is not abusive

As Cities Burn - Son I Loved You at Your Darkest

Specifically the song "The Widow"

lol no

i love this album so much desu

So You Wanna be A Superhero gets me every fucking time. Sad, I mean. Not crying. I've only ever cried listening to Sufjan's For The Widows in Paradise after a bad, bad breakup.

>the bends
yeah

ends on quite a high-note tho.

bump

jesus christ you nailed it.

This album is so fucking shit. The definition of underwhelming. Only Sylvia is good.

Blue October - The Answers

It isnt an album

You might be memeing, but bittersweet poetry gets me

I unironically cried at the end.

Some songs on this sound like the minecraft soundtrack

How such a huge asshole can write such beautiful music is beyond me.

this is what i get wasted and cut myself to in january

i really liked this maybe five years ago but I tried listening to it again recently and just did nothing for me

gonna give it another shot before too long, though

not so much sad as it is bleak enough that it sucks all the good feelings out of you

i don't get sad, i just can't feel anything til it's over

Probably The Mess We Made.
One of my favourites.
youtube.com/watch?v=5QzdCch9D2M&list=PLB996CBC2FFF49CCE

bump