Sup Forums covers David Bowie

Time to begin a mega 50 song Bowie cover album, good people of moo! Pick a song to cover, complete it and send it to me at [email protected]. Simply posting a finished song in the thread will go ignored. Keeping an element of secrecy about the finished songs makes the final product a lot more exciting.

You may remember a 50 song Beatles cover album released about half a year ago which was made on this very board, and that can be found here:
>hangingdong.bandcamp.com/album/covers-the-beatles
>mega.nz/#!ilcBALAS!uuHiWZe9pcZhgEu2E1Z3nhX4fkhYxJfAMvfOaxCAczE
>youtube.com/watch?v=3C5g69o5X_I
>rateyourmusic.com/release/album/hanging-dong/covers-the-beatles/

>IMPORTANT

Submission rules can be found in the first reply

THE SONG LIST:

The Laughing Gnome
Space Oddity
The Width Of A Circle
The Man Who Sold The World
Changes
Oh! You Pretty Things
Life On Mars?
Quicksand
Queen Bitch
The Bewlay Brothers
Five Years
Moonage Daydream
Starman
Lady Stardust
Ziggy Stardust
Suffragette City
Rock 'N' Roll Suicide
Aladdin Sane
Drive-In Saturday
Cracked Actor
The Jean Genie
Lady Grinning Soul
Future Legend / Diamond Dogs
Sweet Thing suite
Rebel Rebel
Young Americans
Win
Fame
Station To Station
Golden Years
Wild Is The Wind
Sound And Vision
Always Crashing In The Same Car
Warszawa
Weeping Wall
Beauty And The Beast
Heroes
Black Out
The Secret Life Of Arabia
African Night Flight
Scary Monsters
Ashes To Ashes
Teenage Wildlife
Let's Dance
Strangers When We Meet
Slow Burn
Bring Me The Disco King
Where Are We Now?
Blackstar
Lazarus

>This tracklist is final so don't bother trying to get something else on it. We decided on these 50 ages ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

www6.zippyshare.com/v/2qjrfh8u/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=v--IqqusnNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rules for submissions:

>IF YOU CAN'T SING, ASK SOMEONE ELSE IN THE THREAD TO! Really want to push for strong vocals throughout on this project, so don't feel like you have to sing on your track if you don't feel comfortable doing so. There are plenty of good singers on this board who can help you out.

>This is a fairly serious project, and there will be quality control. Harsh noise won't be accepted, because fuck that shit. Please don't make your covers memey, I know there were a few on the Beatles one like that but I want this one to be a bit more serious.

>Poor audio quality will be rejected. By that I mean something like heavy background fuzz, don't worry if your recording equipment is not professional standard. Just listen to the Beatles album for acceptable sound quality.
>Don't send me guerilla mail. I prefer if submissions are wav files but I don't mind converting them myself.

>It has to be an actual cover of the song, not just you saying "We can be heroes" into the mic once and then playing unrelated music you wrote yourself for 5 minutes. Reinterpretations are very welcome though, see Day Tripper or Paperback Writer from the Beatles album as examples.

>Collabs are also welcome, if you need someone to play bass or drums or whatever for you, just ask in the thread. People collaborated numerous times on the last album to great success.

Already claimed/delivered:

Golden Years
Blackstar
Station To Station
Starman
Jean Genie
Lady Grinning Soul
Weeping Wall
Sons of the Silent Age

Meme school

Effay as fuck

now you come back of course

Claiming Space Oddity, of course

Hi

Y'all niggas on my ass for months finna get me to reboot this shit and then none of y'all bother to reply when I do

All yours

gonna try disco king, may choose to say fuck it though. will reply with something tomorrow if i do it

Good lad

Kino

Bump

Now that I know how to work a DAW I might actually do one of these.

Meme song

yo dong where you been? i still have my sons of the silent age cover sitting in my laptop haha we still on for this?

Do it

Hi lad, if you're the person who sent me SOTSA via email and I replied, then thats already put aside as done

sounds good, i'll finish it up for ya then. completely forgot about the whole thing desu but i'm glad you're back!

Hey dong, I had another song that you haven't listed in , I submitted Moonage Daydream a while ago. just letting you know in case it slipped through the cracks or somethin

Good to hear lad, thanks

Hi mate. My bad, I rushed that list from memory. Yeah I remember now, it was a really good cover too.

if you want, I could re-record the vocals within the next day or so, bc imo im not too satisfied with the performance on it. if you want to keep it the way it is thats fine, but I'd be willing to redo the vocal parts real quick and send it on over

I’m gonna do the Sweet Thing suite

Hi lad, thats fine but just in case you forgot, you called dibs on Golden Years way back when this started. Do you still want that too?

Nah its your song so feel free to make whatever changes you want lad, not a problem

aight no prob! ill get on that! also, if possible, if no one has already claimed Life on Mars?/they dont submit anything anytime soon, could I do that one?

Not feeling that one any more mate, you can let people have it

Should be fine, yeah we'll see if its still free after you submit this one first and then I don't see why not

claiming Fame

Alright pham. Thats a shame tbqh because the thought of Golden Years in your style gave me a boner

Alright I’ll do it still, if only for you ;)
It’ll just be a guitar and vocals thing tho, not a big production affair like what I’m planning for sweet thing

Sure thing, I hope you're one funky motherfucker

Sweet, I'm looking forward to it.

P.S. Friday Part 2 is still the greatest HD song of all time

Bump

how long does this event last for?

i would have liked to have heard Cat People desu

It thought you were kill.

Making a blog for this
Pushing ahead of the Gnome

Usually takes a few weeks

lame

Where can i hear these? Especially sts

Claiming "Heroes". I'll do my best.

>had access to a recording studio back when this album was first gonna be made
>was gonna play Ziggy Stardust, claimed it
>Hanging Dong disappears, so I don't record it
>I've now moved, and don't have access to my instruments or recording studio
Fucking hell. Whoever records Ziggy Stardust, can you yell out "shout out to David S." for me?

feel my blood enraged

>Suffragette City
> Claiming

Kek, cucked

Claiming Five Years

>no We Prick You

Claiming rebel rebel gonna try and see how it works out it

There's a lot of tracks here, once we've done one is it possible to do a second one or not? Just curious.

Yeah thats fine. Some people did multiple on the Beatles album which actually gave it a nice flow. I think I may limit people to a maximum of 2 entries on this one though.

I might have a go at doing Young Americans as well then.

Sure thang

Reminder that the best song on The Beatles album was Help!

I'M AN ALLIGATOR

bait

Which ever one of you is doing Lady Grinning Soul better be spot on. That song is too beautiful to be fucked.

Actually I gave it a shot and it's too hard, give it to someone else.

can i do blackout :)))))

I can do the bass line for Sound and Vision

I'll try to do African Night Flight. Also I vote "Meme School" for the name of the album

Meme School would be good...
Also this photo.

Although this would be more fitting to how he would have reacted to our covers.

The title HAS to be Meme School.

claiming Teenage Wildlife

I'm going to take a stab at Rock 'n' Roll Suicide

claiming lady stardust

nevermind

Here you go lads. Let me know thoughts on improvements.

www6.zippyshare.com/v/2qjrfh8u/file.html

m e m e
s c h o o l

i loved it!

use this pls

claiming Where Are We Now
will probably finish it by tuesday

Whoever chooses 'Win' better do a damn good job of it.

no
I'm okay with this.

Remember to email me at [email protected] once you finish your song

youtube.com/watch?v=v--IqqusnNQ
CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS

-e

Start fro
m the first album, as with any other artist
pleb nu-male
Probably becaI want to laugh a bit, post your profileuse they have something with showing. Unlike y
4al so fucking bad for the guy its bothering the hell out of me. Broke busboy at 27, career never took off despite making decent music, watches his childhood best friend become the biggest thing in indie music. And now I'm hearing the woman in question is his now ex-girlfriend of mae.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

uitarour favorite artists, apparently, who most likely either have to rely on some sort of weird artwork or photos with attractive women (who aren't part of the band) to make up for their own lack of visual appeal.
I bet you think rick and morty is a show for smart people
veryone has to start pretending it's bad
great meme this
prove me wrong
grimes retard desu kek

loveless
holy shit
it clicked

Olet m

straight. St. V=incent's new album is ca
lled MAS
=SEDUCTION. For the p
erformanc
s and promotiona
l imagery, s
Bobby Owsinski - The Mixing Engineer's h Enginecording Studio: Built It Like The Pros, 2nd Edition, Philip Newell - Recording Studio Design
h.com/theorypages/index.html
tl:dr Music Theory:
hc
he's chosen a deliberately overdone
gr
imes et strangely androgynous tartiness
ic o, which is deftly woven into his giftedness -

people

out LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Kanye truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the complexity of Yeezy’s existencial c

atchphrase “You left your fri
dge open, somebody just took a sandwich,” which itself is a cryptic reference to a French ass restaurant. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Kanye’s genius unfolds itself on their mu

redpill me on saint vincent

user faggot retarded
dubs kpop general

objectively their best momcore

source?

Like this?

IT'S NOT THE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE COCAINE

I like it but it's not mixed very well

I like it.

This is unironically an AOTY contender

>when revolution 9 hits

Was mine okay?

NOW IF I FUCK THIS BLEACH

AND SHE JUST BLEACHED HER T-SHIRT

Blue font doesnt go

Better?

I've heard it. It's nothing like the original but it's still pretty cool.

In fairness no one is gonna match the original of any song so you might as well take it somewhere fresh and interesting

Can we get an updated claimed list? I might be willing to do another song to speed things up.

Of course he comes back when Elon Musk aka AOTY is getting made

Fuck off for another 2 weeks

Has to be the Twin Peaks font or at least the BD fonts

Someone sounds mad that Dong is back, Dicklick Brigade fanboy by any chance?

You could just ctrl + F while you wait

Assuming that's another mu makes an album thing I assure you it will be shit. Mu has never made a good album.

>BD
What do BD?

*What does BD mean?

Bowie David