I just realized that when we die all of our experiences and memories will be lost in time like tears in the rain...

I just realized that when we die all of our experiences and memories will be lost in time like tears in the rain. whats even the point of living?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n-865kufgag
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metempsychosis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the point of life having a point?
It provides meaning, and meaning makes life more enoyable. Life provides other sources of both meaning and enjoyment though. Those other sources are the point of living.

but why? none of it matters? we're all just gonna die anyway

sex?

Thing u enjoy doing
If none then kys

i'm a 21 y/o kissless virgin

Not if you use them to make something permanent. Publish some books, save some lives, etc...

"I'm not the center of the universe?"
Booohoooohooo

this is the 4th post with same topic I've seen since yesterday
sad nigga hours ???

If you evaluate from the perspective of the universe, nothing matters.

If you evaluate from the perspective of this and future generations, everything matters.

So do you think yourself a being as meaningful as the whole Universe over Eternity? well, you will be depressed, becase the god that you are is doomed to oblivion.

Do you see yourself an equal member of humanity, on its journey through time, and maybe someday, space ? Well you can make a contribution that present and future humans can appreciate.

Or you can put a Cat Tail Plug in your ass, and cat ears on, and make Ahegao faces while getting buttfucked by various animals. Few will mind, and fewer will be affected... unless you cause extinction of a race of cat or dog people who are destined to replace us....and the Universe will be lonlier....might An Hero

When you started off nihilist but somehow wind up with furry overlords

Did you not watch the movie you're referencing?

We exist because in the randomness that is entropy there happened to be molecules that had self replicating properties. A couple billion years of natural selection on those molecules and you get us. Boom. It's not on purpose, it's not accidental either, it just is that something was going to form because it's inevitable on an infinite timescale that some form of matter would be randomly created that can survive and replicate itself.

So here we are, self-replicating matter that became self-aware. It's not a good thing we exist, it's not a bad thing either. Live if you want to, die if you want to.

Me, personally, I will live, because why not? There exists more entertainment than I could consume in my lifetime, I live in a country where I probably won't have to worry about severe hunger or crippling disease or being tortured randomly by my neighbors. I just get to live, work, and pick some hobbies to enjoy. Might as well, because it's not a permanent decision anyway, in about 80 or so years I'll be dead literally forever, but if I die now, I might miss something awesome that would have happened within that timespan.

There is no "point". We're here because our parents fucked. You can find a purpose or reason if that makes you comfortable. I myself keep living because I have fun and enjoy doing fun things. But all in all, it doesn't matter, we don't matter, nothing matters. In the grand scheme of things we're just a speck on the universe. youtube.com/watch?v=n-865kufgag

man, Blade Runner was a great movie! I'm gonna watch it and eat a bunch of ice cream sandwiches, good enough reason to live for another couple hours

Just roll with it, man.

>I just realized
that you're a faggot op
why believe your own mind?
he's a faggot

>but why? none of it matters? we're all just gonna die anyway
who are "we"?
are we our bodies?
our feelings? our thoughts?
none of the above?
then what?
you let the jew convince you of nihilistic bullshit, faggot

Have a son, teach him and metempsychose yourself into him.

Words and ideas are like a virus, find yourself and build oneself toward something authentic and then pass onward those knowledge and experiences into your blood line.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metempsychosis

Traps make the world worth living in

Well your alive, so might as well enjoy the time you have.

An excellent counterargument: There is no point in living. Your existence is contributing to the increase in enthalpy (eventual heat death) of the universe and there is absolutely no reason that you should continue to exist.

But

If that's the case, and we really don't exist for a reason, why the fuck would you care about your life and why would you do anything that doesn't bring you joy?

TL:DR Keep living and have more fun, or kill yourself and squander all future potential for having fun. So don't be a retard and kill yourself because in addition to ruining your fun, you take a lot out of the people you know.

God damn, you're a faggot

>whats even the point of living?
reproduction, you faggot

If you believe that then why the fuck are you worried about something you won't have the ability to comprehend when you stop existing?

That's a good thing since life's hell for most of us