Opinions on this? How much did you hate the sabotage scene?

Opinions on this? How much did you hate the sabotage scene?

Enjoyed this movie way more than I expected, it's good. That scene is FUN.

>Opinions on this?

Best Trek movie since Star Trek 6

>How much did you hate the sabotage scene?

It was silly but tolerable and well in keeping with the tone of the movie.

Action movie with lite star trek coating.

Sabotage scene make me laugh hysterically and cringe at the same time.

itt not actual fans of star trek

Get out of here nerd. I'm a huge fan, I loved all three movies.

Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Karl Urban do an AMAZING job of capturing the essence of the original characters, with that being said my opinion on the actual movies are

First one was good
Into Darkness was superior. Cuminsnatch felt menacing as khan and Alice eve was sexy af
Beyond referenced the original series a little too much and the story suffered because of it. Sabotage scene was dumb but i laughed when Sulu started bobbing to the music

Sabotage scene was cool as fuck you can eat shit

yeah where the fuck did she go

Kirks sposed to bang her and make David

I can't get it up for sheboons

first one was passable
into darkness was inferior. cuminsnatch felt unbelievable
beyond was a monster of the week episode turned into an entire film

It was better than the 2nd one

The 2nd one is so forgettable

IIIiiiii CAN'T STAND IT

First half of the film is real trek. It all falls apart in the second half.

>motorcycle scene
>public enemy and beastie boys
>krall being a starfleet officer going out for revenge
>simon pegg and his you're part of the crew speech
>kirk asks if he can fly a ship as admiral then says 'Whats the fun in that?' at the end even though HE was the one who applied for the vice admiral position in the beginning of the film

That said, it was the best out of the three new star trek movies.

my girlfriend and I laughed at loud during the sabotage scene. I saw some fat neckbeards nearby getting all amped up though. overall it was full of cornball scenes, and it was the 3rd time in a tow they went for a generic bad guy trying to get revenge story. just pretty crappy all around

Why did they make Sulu gay?

Better than expected.

I unironically thought the sabotage scene was good, and I don't even like the Beastie Boys.

what was the sabatoge scene? is that when they got btfo in space or betrayed in the crashed ship?

Was Zulu gay as well in the original timeline?

Probably because Takai is a faggot but Takai didn't like it

Sulu was Sulu. His sexual preference wasn't an issue.

Spock was Spock but you have an entire chapter and background mythology relating to Vulcan sexuality

Who knows

First one wasn't outstanding, but it was a nice introduction to their rendition of star trek

Agree to Disagree on Into Darkness

Exactly! There was no emotion or motivation to anything that was happening in Beyond, just a throw-away bad guy with no real impact and too many throwbacks to the original series.

I had fun watching this

Just preordered the 4K

First half was suspiciously Star Trekish unlike the rest of the trilogy. The actors were a joy to watch, didn't care for muhfamaleela though.

Finishes out the movie with a confrontation with the weakest villain of all 3 movies and yet keeps the trope of Kirk losing every fistfight except the one that matters.

Sulu got sidelined so hard except that he was GAY BETTER NOT FORGET THAT HE'S GAY and I had to fight to remember that the rest of the crew was on the Franklin at the end because after they are transported out you literally never see them again.

I also was laughing hysterically at the Sabotage scene.

Probably among the top 5 star trek movies. The vast majority of them arent good.

forgot that the song was also the one that young kirk used to trash his step dads classic car

Me too, I preordered this

>Bad guy from another time wants revenge on the Federation for a dumb reason
How do the writers come up with such original plots?

>hating the sabotage
They used the power of the Beastie Boys to defeat the swarm, who would hate that except turbofaggots? It wasnt like it was just playing during the scene

fuck you, sabotage was good

Ruined the movie

I enjoyed the movie a lot otherwise, felt like it was seriously authentic trek

and then sabotage started and i cringed so hard I cracked a tooth and shit my pants

fucking jj

Quinto and Urban are near perfect as Spock/Bones and Pegg made me finally not hate his Scotty.

>Sabotage

Dumb as fuck, but I loved every stupid second of it.

I enjoyed it.

You could say that I can't stand it

I thought Beyond was a better movie overall than the other two, but the reason it was better was because it didn't really try to be a Star Trek movie. I think it would have been even more enjoyable if it hadn't involved a franchise's IP at all.

The first two reboot movies were just failing at trying really to be LOL THIS IS STAR TREK GUISE.

As perfect a marriage of classic Trek ethos and action blockbuster filmmaking as we're liable to get, despite a pretty weak ending. Leaps and bounds better than the last two garbage movies.