"Here you are, sir. One small pizza. That'll be 9.99 plus tax. plus tip, plus credit card charge, plus delivery fee"

"Here you are, sir. One small pizza. That'll be 9.99 plus tax. plus tip, plus credit card charge, plus delivery fee"

Thank God Trump abolished the carbon tax

Tip? Why should I pay you extra money for doing your job you're already paid to do?

You forgot my drink? How am I gonna have that pizza without my drink?!

Drink some water, you fat fuck!

Because they're paid below minimum wage. It's shite, tips are a sham

Y-Your drink, sir?

So much this.

>sexually assaults him

Surely that defeats the whole point of a MINIMUM wage?
Fucking shithole country.

You've got to fight for your right to pizza

Literally no delivery driver says stuff like that. It's either cash or charge, if it's a card then all they do is ask you to sign the receipt. If it's cash they'll ask you if you want change, they don't carry coins, and it's unreasonable to expect them to carry coins. They'd get fired if they said some shit like that. Tip or don't, that's up to you, but don't disparage the drivers, especially when you're too lazy to go get your own food you fat sack of shit.

Us fat sacks of shit pay your wages, DeliveryDriverFag.
Now fuck off.

minimum wage only applies to full time employees that don't get tips. I think the theory is that you can get more than min wage if you bust your ass, but not everybody tips well, if at all.

What a load of shit.

See pic related, UK minimum wages.

To help you out, they equate to $10.41, $9.78, $7.77, $5.62 and $4.86 in freedom monies.

How does that make you feel, Amerifats?

so you're comparing min wage rates to folks who don't qualify for min wage? What point are you trying to make?

As UK minimum wages apply to EVERYBODY who works, not just "full time employees that don't get tips".

It doesn't apply to part time workers either. People on benefits use this to their advantage, because they get more benefits as long as their income stays below a certain amount. A net gain for them overall.

Its actually going up soon, 25+ wage is gonna be £7.83 in april. That's 10.87 BurgerBucks an hour

Yeah I cropped out the 2018 rates so I wouldn't confuse our cousins from across the pond.
UK Minimum wage applies to part-time workers too.

>How does that make you feel, Amerifats?
Not sure why I should care when I make far above that since I'm not an uneducated pleb with 6 kids.

waiters/delivery drivers get min wage + tips
>literally a delivery driver for pizza hut to pay uni
where i live, people are too poor to tip me and thats fine because tips are a bonus, not a necessary part of my income.
Waiters get tipped as a reward for good service, your shit system means that they will never earn as much since good tips means they earn the same as our minimum wage, but our waiters get that wage + tips

Post wasn't targeted at someone with a career salary.

clearly you dont have 6 kids, that would require sex.

I unironically do this all the time, but with larger pizzas because bigger pizzas are almost always a much better value, especially with flat delivery fees.

if you work 20h a week you get 20h of minimum wage. its not that hard user.

or time to shitpost on faggotboards

Unless the waiter/waitress provides shit service, then I don't tip. More often than not, having an Eastern European waiter/waitress means the service will be shit as they can hardly understand me, and/or don't care about the service they're giving.
£7.50 per hour is over 5x the Romanian minimum wage of €1.63 (£1.44).

amerifags can't do maths. Or grasp the concept of minimum wage since there govt is too fucked to even provide that.

You should, but that is no guarantee. You can still be paid below that.

exactly, not getting a tip is a punishment for bad service or poor customers, then the employer uses that as an excuse to fuck the workers wages

Best I can do is $4.95

Minimum wages aren't affected by the amount of tips received.

Not in UK, america is a shithole country with a workforce so retarded that its legal to not pay them what they work for, but here minimum wage is how much you MUST earn every hour when employed with wages.

not directly, but tips and the culture surrounding them is what lets part time workers earn sub-minimum wage

we'll give you $2 for the lot

Well the other way to solve that is to automate those jobs.

YOU get paid below that, the rest of the world is not retarded.

>9.99 plus tax
Fucking americans.

I ordered that pizza two fucking years ago and you expect me to tip you?!

Storage fee not included

In industries that get paid tips the company is allowed to tabulate how much a worker gets in tips and deduct that amount from the hourly minimum wage. Typically service industries will pay several dollars BELOW minimum wage and expect the worker to make up the difference in tips.

Why is it called a MINIMUM wage then? There's just a complete lack of logic.
Tips are optional, so if all customers refuse to tip (which they're entitled to), the employee doesn't obtain the MINIMUM wage.
That just doesn't make sense.

>Why is it called a MINIMUM wage then?
It isn't in that case.

I used to never tip until I delivered pizzas for awhile. Really there would be no pizza drivers if no one tiped. We get 1 dollar for every delivery which is about 30 min there and back. If u calculate gas and mileage u put on ur car , it would never be worth it without tips. You could be in instore and make the same cash just 2$ less and hour. Rarely people didn't tip, busy nights on weeks can get u 90$ a night

I didn't tell them to work at that shitty tip expecting job america is just about the only that expects tips

Why the fuck are you putting the dollar sign after the amount?

not an american but the way i understand it this:
>tip tradition is a 100 years old
>america is a new country with little history
>100 years is fucking long, its quite something
>tipping used to be like in europe
>100 years later its a patriotic thing to do because muh history
>law makers take this into acount
>restaurant owners etc. abuse this maze in the laws
>americans think its patriotic so they dont question it, at all
>because of all the brainwashing etc.

for every idiot here who doesnt tip, i like to think there is someone like me, who has worked retail, and who tips pretty generously, especially if it's raining or snowing. Im not rich by any means, im a student, but if i want someone to bring me my shit instead of me going and getting it, they are gonna get at least 15-20% of the price. Plus they absolutely remember you and hook you up with free shit/faster times

not him but prolly cause he wasn't taught english natively and since people say "90 dollars"..

>Tips are optional, so if all customers refuse to tip (which they're entitled to), the employee doesn't obtain the MINIMUM wage.

No, you're clearly just not well informed. Any worker that does not receive enough tips to surpass the minimum wage is supposed to make the employer aware of that, and then the company is legally required to pay the employee the difference, therefore making 100% sure they get minimum wage at worst.

There is nobody getting paid by a company to do actual work that isn't getting minimum wage for it, the law ensures that even if you think you've found the magic loophole.

Checked.
But what a load of bollocks. And what's this adding tax on?
We have VAT (value added tax) in the UK but prices shown are inclusive of VAT (unless you go to a builder's merchants etc. where the prices are Ex-VAT).
So the price shown isn't the price paid.

U DUN GOOFED Amerifats.

over here un yurop people generaly tip delivery boiz.
we tip in restaurants etc.

knowing it will be an added bonus to these people, something you give to them personally or to a group whom share the pool.

we would not tip if this money would be part of their base salary.
we would tell them to do something about it. (imagine a day without all these people working for example)

you don't think it actually works like that do you?
any employee whom would demand compensation will be sacked.
there's a difference between theory and reality and governments are supposed to iron this stuff out.

Jesus, your employee rights are pretty non-existent.
Here in the UK if you were sacked (fired) for requesting compensation for underpayment, you'd have more than reasonable grounds for an employment tribunal for unfair dismissal.
>Remind me never to move to the US and try to get a job.

>>Remind me never to move to the US and try to get a minimum wage job.
ftfy

>any employee whom would demand compensation will be sacked.
You clearly don't understand how this works.

If an employer fails to pay the employee, and the employee gets fired over it, they can sue the company for so much that "wages" won't mean anything to them anymore. The companies will be smart enough to pay up minimum wage over risk getting sued for potential millions over breaking federal law.

>Here in the UK if you were sacked (fired) for requesting compensation for underpayment, you'd have more than reasonable grounds for an employment tribunal for unfair dismissal.
No, that's exactly how it works in the US too, the person you replied to was retarded.

Good.

again, theory.
a boss would compensate so he doesn't get sued and then later on fire the poor bastard.

why else would there be so much stress about getting tipped or not? its not just for the extra buck, people are actually stressed about this shit because.....see above.

stop with the fucking theories mate.

No tip if you ask for one faggot

da comrade

That's not how it is in the US - that user is just stupid and obviously hasn't worked in the restaurant industry. Servers/waiters/waitresses declare their tips to their employer nightly for tax purposes, and if the sum of their base wage and tips do not amount to minimum wage, they are paid hourly. Its automatic and doesn't require possible "sacking". We actually have fairly comprehensive workers rights here: If there's obe thing Americans hate, its feeling like they got fucked over, and most are quick to shout bullshit if their employers fails to pay them enough.

>a boss would compensate so he doesn't get sued and then later on fire the poor bastard.
It sounds like you're the one making batshit insane theories. Why would they go through the trouble of firing someone and hiring someone new without an actual reason? Again, even if they "wait" the employee just needs to sue and prove the company clearly just doesn't want to pay the fair wages the law requires. It's far too risky for any company to do that, they'll just pay minimum and deal with it.

Ok that makes more sense than that other nigger was chatting about.
What would that minimum wage be? I suppose it varies from state to state?

Except they're not paid below minimum wage you cuck. The law states that service jobs with pay + tips are guaranteed to be minimum wage. This means that if they get shit tips then their job has to pay the difference such that they are still guaranteed minimum wage. Learn to not be a moron faggot. And these people think they deserve more than minimum wage so they demand tips because the law doesn't help them beyond that. So basically restaurants don't give good service people actual wages above minimum wage then expects their good service to let them make a decent pay above minimum wage for them.

>What would that minimum wage be? I suppose it varies from state to state?
There is a federal minimum and each state can have a higher minimum as well. Expect anywhere from $7 and change to $10 or so If I remember correctly. The states with higher minimum wage tend to also have expensive shit though, some of the cheapest states to live in have lower minimum wages or even just accept the federal set one as the minimum.

$7 is outrageously low.

Why is it the guys in the UK all have pencil dicks.

>own restaurant
>have 20 people working there
>choice is full payment
>or compensate whatever they get on tips

that is what, 80/70% per person every night every week/month/year?

you know how much cash that is? that he puts in his pocket?
the whole US tipping culture is based on this man, employers create atmospheres in which people need to get tips.
they hire people whom they think will get loads of tips.

hiring and firing is a constant flow in this industry man, it happens even without this discussion. its fucking easy for them.

You must've experienced a bad sample.

Except, faggot, that delivery jobs tend to not reimburse most of these people for their fucking gas, which is a huge cost on the employee. Make some friends in the actual industry and go outside more you tard.

>small pizza

Heh, a comedian delivering pizzas? Haven't heard THAT one before. Now here's $12. Lemme just... get... that... there we go. Have a nice day.

"Here sir your small pizza. that will be 9.99 plus tax, plus the money you owe me for bringing your pizza to your house for you, plus my gas money. your total is $11.37

boohoo buy an electric car then u piece of shit

Where do you think the electricity comes from to run an electric car?
You still pay for it you fucking moron.