BANDCAMP THREAD

You Guys Can't Even Answer To People Liking Your Shit, Like What The Hell? Edition

You anons seriously need to get more active here, last thread were just two, maybe three decent critiques and no responses to that. C'mon

Other urls found in this thread:

naw-official.bandcamp.com/
bryanmyrold.bandcamp.com/album/all-you-do
danielgillett.bandcamp.com/album/early-music
isolatedlight.bandcamp.com/
bluehole.bandcamp.com
m.youtube.com/channel/UCXqsf671yrjEXUHJDKZ5snA
mobile.twitter.com/BlueHole6
divideandconquermusic.com/indie-music-album-reviews/blue-hole-neon-clouds
rateyourmusic.com/artist/blue-hole
jacobcmckelvie.bandcamp.com/album/solid-chunks-of-energy
badmoves.bandcamp.com/track/get-slow
theamericanjobs.bandcamp.com/
badmatches.bandcamp.com/
jmholmes.bandcamp.com/album/james-michael-holmes-hemp-cereal
1in10.bandcamp.com/album/mea-culpa
smalalpebis.bandcamp.com/album/i-hate-broccoli-ill-only-eat-broccolini
blackgremlin.bandcamp.com/album/the-fun-is-over
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5MYAFDHoX4&feature=youtu.be
neptheprince.bandcamp.com/
badearthmother.bandcamp.com/album/secret-hearts
1-34-1.bandcamp.com/album/underscore-w-shum
fizzydiscoproductions.bandcamp.com/releases
freehorse.bandcamp.com/
neptheprince.bandcamp.com/album/lost-in-vegas
osakapunch.bandcamp.com/album/voodoo-love-machine
sagemage.bandcamp.com/album/herd-your-sheep
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ill try my best here.

naw-official.bandcamp.com/

Mixes and matches.

>indie rock/pop
>lofi

bryanmyrold.bandcamp.com/album/all-you-do

umenem.bandcamp.com

>chill, downtempo, side project

pleasancehouse.bandcamp.com

>acoustic folk, main project

Thanks for listening

This is so good

danielgillett.bandcamp.com/album/early-music

>work-in-progress album
>original music and modern song covers
>arrangements influenced by medieval, renaissance and baroque music

Just listened to "Fear of Fear" mega single. Not really feeling the tracks on that, they take a bit too long to really get going, and even when they do finally get going it doesn't feel like the build up was worth it. Instead of building up loops, try using different sections with different melodies and chordal parts, try out things with dynamics and texture, do something to maintain listener interest. The production isn't really my thing, especially the bass sounds, they sound too midi-esque and cheap. Another thing you should take into account are the amount of tracks and how necessary they are.You could get rid of every track except for the second track and you wouldn't really be losing much, the others don't bring anything much else to the table.

Hello anons, glad to see you all, hope you have a good day! Who's ready for some new Isolated Light? :3

isolatedlight.bandcamp.com/
>Dark ambient made from old vinyls
>At times harsh, at times quite soft
>Vague in places

Need to jump on the PC to fully get a grip although I'm pretty discouraged that nobody reads my critques :/

Moonfall

bluehole.bandcamp.com

>Psychedelic
>Space Rock
>Noise Pop
>Shoegaze
>Acoustic
>One Man Band
>Music To Watch Rain Fall To
>Music For Fall

NEW ALBUM

Watch my bullshit low budget music videos on my YouTube channel here:
m.youtube.com/channel/UCXqsf671yrjEXUHJDKZ5snA

Watch me occasionally post Rest In Peace messages to dead celebrities and retweet stupid shit here: mobile.twitter.com/BlueHole6

Here's a review of my 2nd album!:
divideandconquermusic.com/indie-music-album-reviews/blue-hole-neon-clouds

Here’s my RYM page. Rate my stuff:
rateyourmusic.com/artist/blue-hole

Recs:
(Pleasance House is GOAT bandcamp-core)

I wasn’t super into this, honestly. It was a bit uneventful, also you should think about putting some more variation in your note velocity so your instruments sound more lively.

This is a cool idea, and nice execution. Although I’m surprised you didn’t use a harpsichord on Fixing A Hole lol

(me)

Shit I missed you, rec for you too

I assume these threads are just for folks plugging their own stuff (I usually just skip them), which is fine, but I'm bored tonight and nothing on the front page interests me, so I'll throw out a few bands I've found on bc that I've kept listening to.

Jake McKelvie and the Countertops (butt punk)

jacobcmckelvie.bandcamp.com/album/solid-chunks-of-energy

Bad Moves (DC pop punk, Spoonboy)

badmoves.bandcamp.com/track/get-slow

The American Jobs (spooky Cinci stuff)

theamericanjobs.bandcamp.com/

Bad Matches

badmatches.bandcamp.com/

I got more if anyone likes anything here

I approve of anything Pleasance related but seriously, chill? Downtempo? Aren't you pushing SC-core a bit up there?

I do appreciate your feedback, and will think more about it for whenever I do release singles. Yes I am very loose with composition skills and song structures, only because I grew up with artists that pioneered uncanny and odd sound structures that made me want to do exatly that. You have noted the main attraction being the second track (obviously) and wished I get rid of the rest of the tracks which I personally wish to keep it as it is, but there are times where I do think what I sometimes do is somewhat repetitive and/or boring. I do have to give credit where credit is due. You do not sound like the person who says stuff without any promising examples to show off your knowledge.

>danielgillett.bandcamp.com/album/early-music
I quite like your stuff, then again I am not the person to give feedback, i kinda just give compliments or note what I like amd can appreciate.

Thanks again for your feedback, it is way better than "dude your stuff is so great! Im not gonna say what i mean by that!!!!"

Thanks again.

Thanks for the kind words, just listened to some tracks on "Moonfall", good stuff. I'm usually unimpressed by most Bandcamp folk music because it's boring, but you manage to keep your music eventful and interesting with different timbres, different melodic ideas, weird harmonic stuff, and contrasting song sections. The production isn't the best, but it doesn't really affect the listening experience so it's not a big deal. The track "Opal" is very good, probably my favourite track on the album. Also I didn't use a harpsichord for Fixing a Hole because I thought the lute sounded better for my arrangement since I was trying to go for a dual-guitar sort of thing.

Thanks! I still thought the lute sounded great, I guess it’s probably because I’m so used to hearing the harpsichord in it so it seemed like a natural choice. How many instruments on the record are live?

So I'm back ()

I would probably not listen to this thing in million years to be honest. The page design scream "Meme" and it's just distracting. I mean we get it but somebody from the outside might not understand that so you should consider working on the page design for sure.
I don't know how much effort went into playing all of these instruments and how you acquired them. One thing that bugs me big time is that these pieces are very much modernised. Old time-y instruments, to me, should not be used in modern music stylistic as it kills their soul and unique flavour and colour. Don't get me wrong, you've not made a bad album per say but it's better that you didn't made bigger tracks because I would say you would lost all ideas and consistency rather quickly. "Celebration" just kicks me wrong when that synth choir comes in. I understand that you worked hard on it but there is something off in this release, something modern which bugs me a lot. It's not terrible but if I had a chance I would listen to some historical band over this. But keep it going! :)

The live instruments I played were a lute, soprano and alto recorders, a mandolin, a tenor banjo, a fretless acoustic bass guitar, and a tambourine. Everything else (harp, organ, harpsichord, brass, strings, flute, choir, other percussion) was done with a midi keyboard hooked up to a sampler.

Well this is already a miles better than S/T was :D

I understood very little of what you said, but it sounds like my music offended you, sorry about that. Thanks for listening anyway I guess.

Nah, I'm not feeling like you've offended me. Overall my points were that I do not find your page design to be adicuqate + I just have a hate boner against using old instrumentation in modern music which is basically a preference. That's what I was trying to say ^^

Wow, that’s impressive. I need some more string instruments in my life.

If my s/t was the last album of mine you heard you should give Neon Clouds a try, that album holds a special place in my heart for several reasons and I’m always trying to get people to listen to it :D

Thanks though, I think so too.

New single I released a few weeks ago. It's probably one of my favorite things I've done so far.

>Punk/alt

I liked this a lot, it made me feel like I was sort of just lost in the woods. Favorite track was probably Slow Drive.

Yo!!! I've listened to Its Nice Out so many times, it's sweet to see you on here again dude. I love the new album, favorite song was probably Passenger Day so far. I'm gonna listen to the rest later today.

I don't usually listen to stuff like this, but I really enjoyed it honestly. The vibes are perfect for a rainy day or when yr feeling down. Favorite track is Sickening Sound

(Me)

Yeah fuck you you know I'm going to do the same shit again

jmholmes.bandcamp.com/album/james-michael-holmes-hemp-cereal

I don't even know you man :/

That's probably for the best...

I can't tell if this is serious or not, but it's pretty bad.
First track:
Your voice isn't the best sounding, plus you go out of tune several times. Also the background music sounds boring, and the overall song is uneventful. And the background music sounds like just that; 'background'. By that I mean it sounds like a stock loop that you found online and it serves no real relevancy to the overall song. The instrumental is just as important as the vocals, so when you have a boring backing track and unpleasant vocals, you're not left with much else.

Second track:
Pretty similar to the first track regarding vocals. Plus you sound bored and uninterested in your own song. How exactly do you expect other people to find your music worth their time if even the singer doesn't sound like he wants to be there? Background music is pretty similar to the first, the out of tune bass doesn't do much to distinguish it.

Overall I would recommend that you get singing lessons, songwriting lessons, and production lessons (assuming that you're also the one handling the production, mixing and mastering, if not then you should get a better producer).

>being this serious about the release with that album cover and that title

1in10.bandcamp.com/album/mea-culpa

>Edit of Enigma's MCMXC a.D. (1990)

So was the point to be funny then? The songs didn't sound funny at all. Was the joke the fact that the songs were bad? A little more effort could have been put in so that they could have at least been enjoyably bad, as opposed to just being bland and boring. If the intent was to make a joke, it failed. If the intent was to make good music, it failed. Either way this release failed.

Wow, I wasn't even that user. Why so savage?

sorry for savage friend

Is traffic on these threads always abysmal?

yes

smalalpebis.bandcamp.com/album/i-hate-broccoli-ill-only-eat-broccolini

>lofi rock

BLACK GREMLIN

NEW ALBUM OUT!!!

>Rock'n'roll
>Speedrock
>Dickheads

blackgremlin.bandcamp.com/album/the-fun-is-over

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5MYAFDHoX4&feature=youtu.be

pretty gay, btw i like it

Medioeval music is awesome, nice quiet sounds with fresh weed, I'm flyin away

Just a dude, but sound good, so fresh

Garbage.

thanks that was my goal

Bumpo

Less drugs.
More remembering to post the link.

does your album contain any "ÖOGH!"?

a bunch of beat tapes

neptheprince.bandcamp.com/

I wish your tapes were as good as this grill but sadly, it's not even in the same sex as her

nodestar.bandcamp.com
>Electronic Drone
>Produced entirely in MATLAB

I make drone music using mathematical formulas and additive synthesis. I don't even use a real DAW!

If you like this type of stuff I highly recommend you also check out DDX-10. I just ordered a CD of t-Projection by his other project Annulus.
>ddx-10.bandcamp.com

Sadly, I feel like this is "concept over music" project. MATLAB is cool and all, it produces nice sounds but you just don't do anything with it. If you retake MATLAB out of the equation you are left with a pretty bland drone really, no matter how sophisticated it might be for you. An average drone listener such as myself finds it just "meh" tbqh.

For a love of bump

badearthmother.bandcamp.com/album/secret-hearts

>electronic
>jazz

I like em.
I use mainly soundhack myself.

BRIGHT BLACK was nice.
You really should work on your album art.
It is bad.

my new thing just came out

>Musique concrete
>Free Improv
>Noise
>EAI
>Black Metal

all recorded on a cassette

lschumacher.bandcamp.com

definitely man

1-34-1.bandcamp.com/album/underscore-w-shum

>ambient, drone, soundcollage, noise

A collab with the artist Shum.

>nodestar.bandcamp.com
This shit is deep as hell drone, really unnerving in a way actually, due to how computerized alot of it is. Great job.

>jmholmes.bandcamp.com/album/james-michael-holmes-hemp-cereal
Memes.

Recommend you again, love this album.

>danielgillett.bandcamp.com/album/early-music
Actually extremely impressive, especcially from a production standpoint. The track The Best Thing is absolutely gorgeous.

Fuck. You're right though.

TinPanParade.bandcamp.com

Thank you very much for the kind words. I just listened to some stuff from your album Underscore, pretty good by Bandcamp standards. I'm not the biggest fan of dark ambient or drone, but this album is very atmospheric and I get the feeling that anyone who enjoys this genre will find this album to be a very worthwhile listen. I especially liked the third track.

objectively
m the first album, a

s with any other artist
pleb nu-male
Probably b
Kate Bush and MC5 will be the most deservinecaI want to laug with showing. Unlike y
4al so fucking bad for the guy its bothering the hell out of me. Broke busboy at 27, career never took off despite making
decent music, watches his childhood best friend become the biggest thing in indie music. And now I'm hearing the woman in question is his now ex-girlfriend of mae.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

music for this feel

uitarour favorite artists, apparently, who most likely either have to rely on some sort of weird artwork or photos with attractive women (who aren't part of the ba
nd) to make up for their own lack of visual appeal.
I bet you think rick and morty is a show for smart people
veryone has to start pretending it's bad

great meme this

prove me wrong

grimes retard desu kek

loveless

holy shit
it clicked

Olet m

straight. St. V=incent's new album is ca
lled MAS
=SEDUCTION. For the p
erformanc
s and promotiona
l imagery, s
Bobby Owsinski - The Mixing Engineer's h Enginecording Studio: Built It Like The Pros, 2nd Edition, Philip Newell - Recording Studio Design
h.com/theorypages/index.html
tl:dr Music Theory:
hc
he's chosen a deliberately overdone
gr
imes et strangely androgynous tartiness
ic o, which is deftly woven into his giftedness -

people

out LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Kanye truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, [[

fizzydiscoproductions.bandcamp.com/releases

>alternative

RECS:

freehorse.bandcamp.com/

>lo fi, vaporwave, ambient, folk, acoustic, weird

new beat tape

neptheprince.bandcamp.com/album/lost-in-vegas

osakapunch.bandcamp.com/album/voodoo-love-machine

>actually fun funk rock music, australian too.

sagemage.bandcamp.com/album/herd-your-sheep

experimental
first EP