Kate Bush General

So I'm new to her, what's her best album to get into. I've only heard the top tracks on Spotify?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UpVKPUoI554
youtu.be/SsJrJc3X3b4
youtu.be/NvKNzyO4wk0
youtu.be/h1DDndY0FLI
youtube.com/watch?v=VjEq-r2agqc
strawpoll.me/14150242
youtu.be/lLaJaEgm3KQ
youtu.be/4Wtl_Sve9uU
youtu.be/WlyBpvTEF5E
youtube.com/watch?v=q2HsN9WLQhI
youtu.be/TgQUZcwd-JQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

her best albums are her first three, after that everything goes to shit

Start from the first album, as with any other artist

I do know I really like Babooshka and Wuthering Hieghts and those are both on her first two albums.

I actually don't do that all that often. but I've been doing that with De La Soul. It's pretty cool to see the evolution.

start with the best ofc

I beat my self up for not digging into her sooner. She got the cosign from David Gilmour and that's freaking awesome, plus she's gorgeous

Also I actually haven't heard anything off that to my knowledge.

Its probably her at her most experimental, so I dont think any of the songs really made it that big.

I'd highly recommend tho, really sounds ahead of its time imo.

highlights for me were:
Pull out the pin
Leave it open
Night of the swallow
All the love

would you?

Anyone trawled through all her B-Sides before? they are really nice man. Here are some of my favorites
Be Kind To My Mistakes
youtu.be/UpVKPUoI554
Burning Bridge
youtu.be/SsJrJc3X3b4
Under The Ivy
youtu.be/NvKNzyO4wk0

hnnnng

Would I the queen of Sup Forums, like that's a question

I'll definitely give these tracks a peep too

Without hesitation

Dr. Pavel

Can you believe someone thought grimes was more of a queen than her?

I'm Cathy

>grimes
who?

I gotta ask...Am I the only one who's favorite Kate is "The Sensual World"?

Hounds of Love is her masterpiece, but The Sensual World is so pure and Well written. Divine Feminine @ work. Gotta be my fave. Wish I had a gf to listen to it with

Some Canadian girl that kinda looks like a tranny. He way trying to convince me that she beat Kate, along with Bjork and everyone else in a poll for Queen of Sup Forums

this
youtu.be/h1DDndY0FLI
Still one of the most beautiful song and videos I've ever seen. Took my breath away when i first saw it

THIS, The Dreaming is an amazing album. Give it some time though, it doesn't hit immediately but when it hits, whoo boy

this really is a great song, and are all her videos like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=VjEq-r2agqc

Name a comfier song.

You must listen to it all from the beginning.

The first reply was bullshit, her fourth album The Dreaming is her masterpiece.

literally the body of a 14 year old boy

They're all really good, yeah, more performance-focused at first but always aesthetically interesting.

Grimes is a genius some people have a problem with. The same kind of guys who got disturbed by Kate Bush when she first appeared. Some men don't want to be touched too deeply.

Hey it's the Grimes fag

The Sensual World is great, really challenging in some ways, it's so soft and flowing, and contrary to people thinking "oh, those strings are a bit vanilla", NOTHING sounded like that in 1989.

The only track on it that I don't like is Heads We're Dancing, just because making the guy into Hitler rather than Oppenheimer, who inspired it, makes Kate's narrator character seem hilariously oblivious - like, she didn't know who he was until the invasion of Poland the next day? People had been talking about Hitler for months. Also, I don't like Stones references, however oblique, because I can't stand the fucking Stones. I can only deal with the last line on The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway because it's the last line, and can be taken to indicate a degree of humility about the masterpiece we've just listened to, as well as being subversive of the low ambitions that band and song represent.

I'm not "the" Grimes fag, I'm a fledgling Grimes fan. I still haven't listened to everything she's done, I have to approach her like people approach drinking ayahuasca - you don't just jump in. I did the same thing with Kate Bush.

I don't think anyone should start with The Dreaming, that's like taking 15 grams of the strongest shrooms on your first trip.

>that hipster who says this shit about every band and artist

get this nigger shit off my Kate Board

that's not lavren

I feel like you're basing this entirely on the question of which woman you find more attractive, which is reductive.

which question?

Also, while I seldom think of Kate Bush or Grimes sexually since I began listening to their music, you know that Grimes is probably a tantrika.

The question of which woman you find more attractive, like I said. All this "Grimes looks like a boy, here's Kate Bush" banter.

>reads "get this nigger shit off my Kate Board"
>takes it as I beauty competition beef

It's a Kate board, so you talk about Kate not how Grimes is a genius. I'm sorry if I'm missing your point, but I just thought it was a funny was to reply to it. Maybe it's too late to think straight, but I'm not getting how you came to that conclusion with my comment

Oh I just assumed you were continuing the existing beef.

It's not a Kate board, it's a board for all music. Also, nobody who objects to Grimes being mentioned has listened to her music.

Sorry

I meant Thread

Oh right, well yeah, that's perfectly true, although I can see the reason why Grimes might come up.

I hope that OP or whoever HASN'T started with The Dreaming. Start with the beginning, if you're still out there. And don't cherrypick tracks.

My favourite albums of hers aren't even on spotify. Her last two 80s releases

I plan to star with the forst record

Which are those two

These are all great tunes. Thanks so much. I plan to listen to the first album tomorrow once I wake up and then go from there through her discography. But these definitely pumped me up to do it more

Also thanks to anyone who I didnt thank I really appreciate the suggestions :) and if any more pop up and I don't get to them again thank you :)

Hounds of Love & the Sensual World. My faaaavs

I'm so glad you're going chronological, it's the best way with her.

Theres a poll and Kates winning as queen of Sup Forums

strawpoll.me/14150242

But why isn't Bhad Bhabie on the ballot?

See the compilation album thread (also has a picture of kates face) I actually just typed a reason

>Lionheart is better than Hounds of Love, The Sensual World and The Dreaming

I know this is bait but it still triggered me

I'm pretty sure the guy hasn't even listened to her.

Having said that, I think Lionheart is underappreciated. It's not on the level of what came before and after it, but I think a lot of people are like "oh yeah, Lionheart". There are some beautiful things on it.

Bump with stoned Kate.

kate bush more like dank kush

Apparently Kate Bush was used as rhyming slang/code for cannabis in UK prisons at one time.

daily reminder that Kate was a certified weed wizard according to Donald Sutherland who was in the Cloudbusting MV
>"She’s wonderful, Kate Bush. Wonderful. I love that I did it. (What do I remember) about doing it? I remember being in the car and the hill and them taking me, taking Reich, away and looking back through the back window of the car and seeing her, seeing Reich’s son Peter, standing there. And I remember the first morning on set seeing her coming out of her trailer smoking a joint and I cautioned her, saying she shouldn’t smoke that, it’d affect her work, and she looked at me for a second and said she hadn’t been straight for nine years and I loved her.”

We need a b-sides comp ASAP. "The dreamers" is some god tier Coil-ish masterpiece

I cant choose a favorite, but I only own two Kate vinyls, one is "Hounds.." and the other is TSW, and listen to them back to back always. Its way underrated and I was sad she didnt play any song from that album in her comeback gigs.
Btw, "Hounds of love" on vinyl (original pressing) sounds very different than digital. When I got it I thought something was wrong with my player, but then I realised how much better it was. For example, in "running up that hill" the drums are wayy upfront and the horns are more buried, its also slightly slower, while "reaching out" sounds a little faster/more upbeat.

I think you're digging too deep in there, its a good song that doesnt try to be more than a fun track in an album thats very "moody" as she described.
Its like the "Eat the music" in TSW, only that it doesnt suck.
The only thing I would remove from that album (or mix it lower at least) is Guilmours wankery in "Rockets tail" it kinda ruins the vibe for me

I think that wankery really works there, it feels earned, though I usually dislike that kind of thing, especially when Trio Bulgarka start doing that HEE HEE HEEHEEHEEHEE thing over it.

Oh, and there is a b-side comp, the last two discs of This Woman's Work.

Just think that somewhere there is a version of that song with Kate playing synth instead of Gilmours guitar that was added later.
Hope someday we get the "demo/early" versions of all her songs, she has them, but its more likely her son will end up releasing them in 2040 or somethinh

Didnt know that, will look for it. Thanks

I agree with you user, Wow, Oh England, My Lionheart and Peter Pan are all gorgeous and if any other artist released it I think it would be viewed better

Oh man, Wow is such a brutal song. It's crueller than anything any of the punks released. And the way the music was written as "let's see if I can write one of those Pink Floyd-type progressions - oh, I can!"

I love Kate Bush.

Oh England, My Lionheart is amazing, it's like a film in three minutes. I love how unguarded it is, not concerned at all about seeming precious.

Love the way ... Peter Pan segues into Wow, and also Pan's lyrics - only Kate would come up with that narrator character, it's like Denton Welch.

Kasha from Baghdad has that discordant dulcimer-type thing offsetting what might otherwise be a slightly too-simple piano riff.

This thread made wanna watch The Kate Bush Story again.
>that demo version of "the man with the child in his eyes" that makes Dave cry like a baby
Damm, I want those demos

that was a great documentary, a lot of great moments
>Big Boi fanboying over Kate
youtu.be/lLaJaEgm3KQ
pretty cute desu

Holy shit, lucky bastard! John Lydon must be jealous af. He always wanted to meet her and never could, while most of the engineers that worked on "flowers of romance" later worked in "the dreaming"

yeah lucky big boi, he's a fucking super fan.
youtu.be/4Wtl_Sve9uU
skip to 9:25 to hear him spaghetti out talking about the dinner
Johnny makes me laugh as well, him praising Kate after going on a rant telling everyone to fuck off at that awards show is a classic

Noice, any footage of the rant?

Never heard about this before

>hot
>motherly
>smokes weed
>makes great music

Tell me what I'm missing user? Sounds like shes perfect in every which

I will never impregnate young Katie. Why live?

Does she stoped smoking weed after The Red Shoes?

She may have stopped smoking weed when she had her kid, no conclusive information. She's never officially admitted that she ever smoked weed, even though everyone who's been interviewed about working with her mentions it, and there are a number of publicity photographs where it's quite obvious once you know.

Because I can guarantee you there is a girl you'll meet who looks like her and you can impregnate

Here.

No, we've already covered this, you go to the start and go forward chronologically.

Start from the first album, as with any other artist
pleb nu-male
Probably because they have something with showing. Unlike y
4al so fucking bad for the guy its bothering the hell out of me. Broke busboy at 27, career never took off despite making decent music, watches his childhood best friend become the biggest thing in indie music. And now I'm hearing the woman in question is his now ex-girlfriend of mae.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

uitarour favorite artists, apparently, who most likely either have to rely on some sort of weird artwork or photos with attractive women (who aren't part of the band) to make up for their own lack of visual appeal.
I bet you think rick and morty is a show for smart people
veryone has to start pretending it's bad
great meme this
prove me wrong
grimes retard desu kek

loveless
holy shit
it clicked

Olet m

straight. St. V=incent's new album is ca
lled MAS
=SEDUCTION. For the p
erformanc
s and promotiona
l imagery, s
Bobby Owsinski - The Mixing Engineer's h Enginecording Studio: Built It Like The Pros, 2nd Edition, Philip Newell - Recording Studio Design
h.com/theorypages/index.html
tl:dr Music Theory:
hc
he's chosen a deliberately overdone
gr
imes et strangely androgynous tartiness
ic o, which is deftly woven into his giftedness -

people

out LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Kanye truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the complexity of Yeezy’s existencial c

atchphrase “You left your fri
dge open, somebody just took a sandwich,” which itself is a cryptic reference to a French ass restaurant. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Kanye’s genius unfolds itself on their mu

redpill me on saint vincent

user faggot retarded
dubs kpop general

objectively their best momcore

source?

Shit opinion, Hounds of Love and Aerial are her best
Don’t worry, kate won by a lot and bjork was second place.

Can’t be queen of Sup Forums if no one knows who you are

youtu.be/WlyBpvTEF5E

It’s got Kate’s very gracious and sweet speech and then John being John while all his drunken friends hoot and holler in the back. It’s my favorite video desu.

Bonus, kate says “oh I’ve just cum” at 2:40

how did kate predict my life?

youtube.com/watch?v=q2HsN9WLQhI

Thank you for that

also she's got a lovely accent.

She does that with a lot of songs.

This song came out in 1989.

She wrote Her/Blade Runner 2049 and/or predicted internet addiction in 1989.

In the early 80s, she learned code to play her Fairlight synth and stopped using it when they introduced a new, more user-friendly coding synax.

She's a genius.

Please don't listen to him. Just listen to all her albums, there's something to take from each one. My faves are aerial, dreaming, and the hounds.

Another example of her genius, she wrote and recorded this when she was only /15/. This is so complex for a literal teenager.

youtu.be/TgQUZcwd-JQ

Fuck I forgot the link

Ok, objectively speaking, what's her worst album?

Am i the only one who absolutely loves Aerial? I never see people on here talking about it, i find it marvelous. It is so ravishing it almost became my favorite Kate Bush album, i find that, everytime i want to listen to her, i go back to this album.

>Want to see Kate live
>She's afraid of planes and will never ever leave the UK

9/11 will do that to you, plus do you really wanna see her dye

It's the give and take we must sacrifice as fans.

Thanks, user.

The Red Shoes. I find it more interesting than Lionheart, though.

Its ok shell be back in another 35 years

right guys?

>Questioning if there will be a third coming

She's a goddess of course she'll be back and thicc but also fit, and she'll drop her magnum opus and we'll all be blessed with our own Kate a likes to impregnate and birth genius children who will also drop classic after classic

This. Grimes is the new Kate Bush. Of course some will have a problem with that.

Stop shit posting Claire