What's the point in learning Mandarin when the two most important cities in China don't even speak it?

What's the point in learning Mandarin when the two most important cities in China don't even speak it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-22/in-asia-s-infrastructure-race-vietnam-is-among-the-leaders
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What are that two important cities? Hong Kong and?

Shanghai

shanghai?

>Yue
triggered

shanghai does speak mandarin i believe
cities=/=countryside

From what i know, there used to a bunch of different Tai and Austroasiatic ooga booga tribes in South Asia, Hans called these tribes "Yues". They are the farthest thing from typical Chinaman. Then these tribes got assimilated, and these assimilated people still call themselves Yue.

>South Asia
South China i mean

>tfw you usually don't browse Sup Forums at 2:30 in the morining and have never experienced real vietcong hours
How the hell are there so many of you gooks?

Baby boom during and after the war. Still our birth rate is currently the second lowest in SEA.

do you hate us from dropping burning gasoline jelly on your people for like a decade? I'm asking honestly

Easy, the internet here is cheap and no one gives a shit about what you do over the internet as long as you don't shit talk about government.
Many of Vietnamese posters here are lurker tho. Not much topic spark our interest to post.

Nice Satan trips.

T-b-h, most people love America, but i myself know that you guys aren't the "good guy" and only act for your own interests. Still, if your interests and our interests are the same, we could co-operate.

you can shit talk the government, just don't do organized shit talks and you are good
also, don't do drugs and stay in schools

interesting stuff. are internet cafes big over? my best bro says that the only time he can remember returning to the motherland it didnt take long to find one, and that is was filled to the brim

English is the first language in Singapore oddly.

>King Gia Long request Jiaqing Emperor to change our country's name to Nam Việt (Nanyue) but got refuse so it's become Việt Nam instead.

Free my brethren, PRC. Nanyue is a thing, REEEEEEEE.

Yes, they were a huge part of my school days. I went there a lot to bond with my bros because it's cheap and fun.

Sound just choose Đại Việt, best name.

Also this is wewuz, Nanyue wasn't a kingdom of Viet people.

Yeah jk, just a meme to play around with Chinese posters. Right now not much information to even up for debate or argue. Our originals is really a big messy.

You make me remember that we don't even conquer Tây Nguyên, French gave it to us.

How many Vietnam posters here are authentic lads?
Love the fact we must have some.

I am one, i bet there're two other guys in this thread too. Just make a Asian thread when we're still awake and you guys will have us.

We get Tay Nguyen from Cham.
We also conquer part of Laos, Cambodia and before French you fool.
Although Laos and Cambodia are a bonus when we fight Thai, we not even conquer them directly.

Very welcome sir.

From what i know, the Khmers in name had Tây Nguyên, but didn't have any actual power. There were some small kingdoms/cheftains here. The Chams tried to conquer it too.

>We also conquer part of Laos, Cambodia and before French you fool.
This is correct, we even sacked Phnom Penh.

Khmer doesn't have Tay Nguyen at their core.
They only have Tay Nguyen when they are still an empire not some little country.
We get Tay Nguyen, the Cambodia capital, North-East Laos after win again Thai.
French is the reason we lose some of it.

i wanna ask all the viets in this thread:
how corrupt is Vietnam now?
some of my Vietnamese friend said she has to bribe the police to come cross a trafific jam

and that is why the Chinese called us tiểu bá (giant among the weaklings) in 1979.
Bad. Not "bribe the police to come cross a trafific jam" bad but it is popular enough from small scale to big scale.

>Some of my Vietnamese friend said she has to bribe the police to come across a traffic jam
Who even bribe for this?
She walks or already in a car?
If she walking, yeah, it's corrupt, but you don't need to pay them, foreigner give more media attention so they don't dare to do shit, if she already in a car, she is the one that bribe the police and they gladly do it for free money.

Do you know Cambodia have their Tây Nguyên too? It's the past of the bigger Tây Nguyên that isn't located in Vietnam.

>and that is why the Chinese called us tiểu bá (giant among the weaklings) in 1979.
It's true, but at least we don't deny that we bullied the other countries. Although many kids still think we're innocent.

You don't need to learn mandarin period you stupid fat fuck Amerilard. China is a meme flavor of the month country like Japan was in the late 80s. It'll collapse in the next 10-15 years.

Fucking dumbass simpleton sheeple fucks jumping on the learn manadarin bandwagon. Triggers me. Kys, fatty or niggy.

What does Vietnam think of the classic American rock song, "It Ain't Me"?

There are 2 times They get Tay Nguyen.
1. When they are still an Empire.
2. When the Cham is losing it and they simply get it for free.

I agree, although you sound pretty butthurt.

And t-b-h some people just learn languages because they like it, not because it's useful.

Very catchy.

How long is it gonna take to get over your butthurt over China? Another thousand years?
Also give back Khmer Krom to it's rightful owners

You can tell Thais and Laotians to give their whole country to Khmers.

I have never heard of it
rude
also people have been calling "China will collapse in [current year + (big enough number so that people will forget about it)]" for quite a while now
no, it's Vietnam clay tbqh desu

thanks for replying
second question:
do you think the corruption can be solved in current year?
third question:
what's you guy's viewpoint on Taiwan?
forth and probably the last:
which place is the most popular for vietnamese to immigrant
and which country's foreigners is the most commonly seen in vietnam?

i personally found a lot of vietnamese in Taiwan tho

>do you think the corruption can be solved in current year?
Nope, i don't think so.
>what's you guy's viewpoint on Taiwan?
Taiwan are developed, but in the end, if you guys can reclaim the mainland, you guys would still be a big, big threat to us.
>which place is the most popular for vietnamese to immigrant
Sài Gòn of course.
>and which country's foreigners is the most commonly seen in vietnam?
For westerners, it's Amerifats.

1. Corruption not gonna be solved even if this country becomes a democracy one.
2. Not China
3. USA they immigrate there a lot (most of those people is rebel too but they bring economic benefit).
4. Depend, there is a Russia town in Vietnam and some new part of City is full of foreigners.

It is the theme song of the Vietnam War

youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo

>do you think the corruption can be solved in current year?
For large scale corruption, I don't think it'll ever gonna end. The current government seems to be actively fighting against it though (more active than the previous one).
For small scale corruption, I think it'll die down a bit when the economy improves enough so that people wouldn't crave for small amount of money against large consequences.
>what's you guy's viewpoint on Taiwan?
Some of my PC components are Taiwanese :^) I don't know if China'd still be pursing "one China" policy in the next few decades. If it's real then that's a worry since they are getting more and more developed.
>which place is the most popular for vietnamese to immigrant
I live in Saigon. Some of the more popular places are: areas near the CBD, district 7 and newly developed district 2.
>and which country's foreigners is the most commonly seen in vietnam?
When I was little, I see more niggers than whites. Nowadays there are a lot of Koreans in distric 7, but I think Americans still take the cake.
Also, the German House building has just been completed so I expect there would be more Germans in the near future.
sorry for the blog

and so forth.

This thread is now officially a /viet/ thread.

Heard that Vietnam is fertile ground for start-ups. Is it true?

Putonghua is the language of business and education in the green areas too OP. If you want to talk to Chinese people it's the only way to go

>reclaiming mainland
that's not gonna happen
i hope you are just memeing
>not China
you are welcome:)
One China surely is something we should concern

so you guys basically think the corruption will not eased in the next few decades, which i think is both good news and bad news:
the good news is your government can remain stable, while the bad news is your economy might not suddenly boost up like China did. i have read a few books abot ASEAN, and most of them specially point out corruption in Vietnam as a 'serious problem',so i am truly feeling sad for you guys struggling on this. But in the end, i am just a foreigner after all, and can only wish some of your politicians can find out the solution for this

Yes, the government are pushing for it. They are also funneling money into developing infrastructure in anticipation of more foreign investments.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-22/in-asia-s-infrastructure-race-vietnam-is-among-the-leaders
cheers

they do

>> Hans called these tribes "Yues".
Yeah,and Vietnam literally means"Yue's southward" in Chinese.

WE WUZ ANCIENT CHINEZE

Autistic butthurt

They are called "Southern yue" before vietnam are called "yue southern"

Nanyue wasn't a Vietnamese state through, and the most famous name of our country (apart from Việt Nam) is Đại Việt (Great Yue).

Tajikistani is an indoeuropean language? What a surprise

>those flags
Im confused, who is who?
You are the same people?

It seems it's a variety of Persian.

Most people like America, and you got BTFO by us so no hard feelings

Vietnam is more pure Spiritually than Chinese

China is impure, don't follow Confucian or Taoist principles, disrespect the Buddha, and treat Christianity like a business deal.
We may be poor but they are savages and they destroyed their culture in the revolution while we preserve it

Even the Chinese don't trust Chinese products, it's ironic that rich Chinese buy produce and other things from here because we have standards like not putting anthrax in food

But the only Vietnam product I remember is women,and they are cheap.