What are Sup Forums's thoughts on the first two episodes of this telekino?

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on the first two episodes of this telekino?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_we
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pretty great

what is he supposed to be ? a satire of a 'young pope' ?

I'm pretty sick of the word kino on this board.

is this shit historical? or just made up

cant see the vatican electing a young guy

Made up. It's set in an alternate present or near future.

Sup Forums is too pleb to appreciate this show.

>near future

so is this guy some sort of redditor nu-male pope?

Don't confuse yourself with the young pope.

we don't have much in life so let us have 'kino' for god's sake

Quite the opposite. He's going to make the Vatican great again.

an american-pie type of comedy, with pope doing beer-pong party's. just the shit we need.

Yet another edgy show for edgy times.

>hehe pope is a sinful bad guy just like us xD one of us xD

Cringe

Well, all previous popes condoned child abuse and pedophilia among the priesthood. So.

No, he's the opposite.

>Pius XIII, the first American Pope in history
>played by a Brit

He smokes and is arrogant.

Seemed to me like they want to portray the priets as humans, with their flaws and sins they fight against.

I'm sick of the questioning "is it kino". MAKE UP YOUR OWN DAMN MIND SHEEPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> condoned child abuse and pedophilia

No they didn't, shlomo, fuck off.

>Not fucking once does he use the Papal 'We'
>Not a single person corrects him on the Papal 'We'
>Begin to wonder if this is intentional to show his indecisiveness and weakness or if it's so fucking obvious an oversight that no one will discuss it

When watching anything about the Pope, if I don't hear the proper Papal Nouns I start losing my shit. I cannot give a fuck about tumblr sjw xe xir shit, but if you're the Pope it is ALWAYS 'We' and not 'I'

Is it worth the bandwidth and the potential hour wasted I could've spent shitposting?

Sup Forums is unironically on par with Sup Forums

Is it worth watching if you can't view the subtitles for the foreign speaking parts?

Christ, that's around 2500 Kcal in one take.

And no, it's not worth the time. With or without subtitles, the amount of shilling this shit is getting makes me sad.

Have you seen the speech on the second episode? Worst piece of shit I've seen in a long time.

Apparently this pope is an iliterate completely ignorant about the catholic creed.

How much was it?

you can get the subtitles online

worth watching imo pretty interesting

Pretty great start. Intense.

Also ten bucks say the chick dating the guy from the Swiss Guard will eventually start an attempt on his life.

Nah mate, I doubt that'll happen, in every Sorrentino film there's an emotionally troubled couple

He's a pietist and a hardcore conservative. On top of that his first move has been having people inform him on the contents of the Cardinals' confessions. He considers himself to be non-existent. They are probably going for the depiction of a saint. I hope they do.
It's great so far. Exactly what this PC shitfest that is TV needs, a serious draft of a counter-argument.
Watch it.

Did everything else he does and says go over your head? Are you a moron?
He is practically an anti-hypocrite, you dumb idiot.

They kind of did though. The common practise is to try to buy the families of the victims and silence them. Priests accused of paedophilia are often simply silently relocated to other congregations.

Ignore threads that say: "What does Sup Forums think of xy?" or post "Post your oppinion first, asshole."
The people posting these threads asking this board what they should think about a movie are the bottom of the barrel. I don't even care that they're probably underage. This shit has to go.

>shilling

lol @ u lad
no one here is paying to watch it.

Go look for subs. It's worth it.

Also, this looks delicious. Is that a tuna steak?

I'd really like to hear what shows you like. Probably some shit like Hannibal or True Detective at most.

>Watch ep 1
>His speech when he was dreaming
>Thought this was going to be plebbit trash
>Watch ep2
>His real speech
>Realise his speech in the dream in ep1 was really a nightmare

Can't wait for ep3

>"Christians around the world,beware! Finally, after all these years I have truly become... The Young Pope!"

I'm not Catholic. Why is it 'we'?

>priests
They're Cardinals, you dumb illiterate.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_we

Pluralis maiestatis. Was used in Ancient Rome and later Kings and Popes used it.
Didn't John Paul 1st stop it's usage in speeches?

This wasn't even used anymore in the last ten or so years. Are you just a shut-in memer or something?
t. actual catholic

They didn't really seem like a couple to me. Something about her and the depiction was off. Well, we'll see.

He even said "You don't love me", to which she replied "I do love you" IIRC, this seems like the kind of stuff occasional sex partners don't say to each other

Unlike you I don't need confirmation from others to have an opinion.

Of course not, only to post one thread after another without the minimal effort.

Unlike you some people have taste and aren't idiots.

That's the thing. She's catholic, so's he. She's probably even strict even. Which doesn't add up to having an non-marital affair with a guy. Something was also just off in the way she reacted to him and how she was looking up to the pope on the other hand.
I don't know. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it seemed pretty weird to me.

>I don't need confirmation
>still too insecure to name shows he likes while calling the one discussed here shit
You're all talk buddy and you even know your own taste is shit.

Edgy shitty show for teenagers who think they are KinoLover. Just like Hannibal or Black Mirror

No the chick will obviously become obsessed with the Pope since he shows true Christian conservative values

At this point, yes. Maybe he'll disappoint her or she'll want to make him a saint by killing him or something. You just don't know with religious nuts.

>Edgy
It portrays conservativism so far
>comparing a work written and directed by Sorrentino to shit like Hannibal
How does it feel to be a hopeless pleb?

Disappoint her how, do you mean? I think she'll play the part of the conflict Lenny's facing regarding his faith. I don't think he was fully joking when he told the confession guy that he had doubts about his belief. The lady will probably play on this and we'll probably see him become somewhat infatuated with her and thus becoming the contradiction he has told us he is in the trailers.

I like the theory of her wanting to kill him in order for him to become a saint though, but it doesn't feel Sorrentinoesque enough however.

I'd say most of the people who have watched it here like it

Probably because it requires a little bit of effort to watch right now so most of the plebs don't

It's just shilling plain and simple. I hoped this show would be immune to the hype machine until it aired on HBO because it's actually good, but the desperate fucks at that channel have to blow everything up as much as possible.

Why would they shill it now, when 90% of this board can't watch it legally?

Sorrentino is a shitty director for teenagers who think they are kinolovers. You just made my point.

>muh bellezza

Wow great argument 10/10

This is liberal trash in Italy. Eat it up burgerfats.

Holy shit kill yourself.

I know you're just a shitposter, but humor me. Give me three directors you consider good. I'll wait

It wasn't from Ancient Rome, I think it comes from the Bible where God uses the plural (probably talking to the angels or other gods in early pre-montheistic Judaism)
It was used by kings and royals too until the last century.

Would you bitch at Giovanni 23 for stopping the OVERusage of Latin too?

they are cardinals and bishops and priests, you don't stop being one just because you become the other.

so is this actual libshit or is it woke conservative stuff? I'm getting mixed signals from this thread

Shit, I'm calling this guy

Really liked the first two episodes.
Seems like the Pope is only acting arrogant and condescending to people who deserve it.
The others simply don't see just how much the true christian conservative values mean to him.

By the way, does someone know the song which played in the scene where he mentioned that all the great artists kept their faces a secret?

>so is this actual libshit or is it woke conservative stuff?

EVERY FUCKING THREAD

>your eminence
>yes, blessed father?
>I was just kidding!

lmao

opensubtitles.org

>that episode 1 ending

this is the biggest meme show going, it's taylor made for plebby redditers, they should just call it the young meme and be done with it, or the meme pope, or the reddit meme, or meme young reddit

So far I wouldn't say its either. I wouldn't say its anti-Catholicism, the Vatican is both a political and a religious entity.

I would say if you think the show the Borgias liberal Jew propaganda, you wouldn't like this show.
If you can watch a show where the clergy aren't saintly and understand that the Pope, while being the Vicar of Christ, is still just a human elected to the post, then you might enjoy the show.

I'm a atheist but identify as a lapsed Catholic, if that helps.

I'm italian and i watch everything in its original language. Not sure if is best to watch it in english or italian

The real question is, how is Law's accent. Usually its pretty good. But sometimes it goes into a pseudo New Yorky wop.

Is this show created by Christians?

>catholics

I like it and I'm catholic

>le ebin may may pope XD XD :^)

Why are italians so edgy

>liberal
Not sure about that. Or what you mean by that.
>trash
Definitely not.

Stay mad, plebbitor. :^)

In the English version the Italian Cardinals speak Italian and it's subbed.

You don't need to be a priest to be a cardinal, not kidding

Sounds pretty american to me

it was interesting, not what I expected it to be

It's a pretty good comedy i guess.