What's the best Tool album and why is it Lateralus?

What's the best Tool album and why is it Lateralus?

Cause its progressive and more focused than their previous shit

Opiate is the best Tool Album you degenerate fucks..

aenema

Their new album that got leaked on /b last week

Underrated, but I prefer studio albums

Wait what?

Because Lateralus was their LSD album and 10,000 days was their DMT album.

This. Used to think it was Lateralus but Aenema is harder and less pretentious than Lateralus

>blotter got right on top of me, got me seeing e motherfucking t

Right... dmt...

What's Aenima then?
The codeine album?

Not that I don't love Aenema, but you can call it pretentious if you want but the difference in quality and technicality is pretty apparent imo

It's their last good album, but not best. Undertow and Aenima are timeless. The further down their whatever prog-hole they're in they seem to be more interested in forcing songs into composite time signatures for the sake of it rather than because it suits, guitar tone is just harsh and metally rather than dirty and overdriven. Lyrically 10k days is all over the shop. Seriously self indulgent wank. Not getting my hopes up, but I'd be fucking psyched if the new album is good.

And goddamn their fans can be the fucking pits.

A Buncha Days was their best one

The Bill Hicks is Dead tribute album

Is that the only reason you don't like 10000 days? I originally only liked Vicarious, but after several hours of listening to it, it became a very close second to Lateralus to me. Right in Two might be my favorite song by them

>10k days
Their worst by far imo but still a good album. Wings pt 1 and 2 are beautiful though, Jambi is kind of cool but that's about it

obvious FBI bait is bait

Obvious fbi bait is also obvious

Right in Two and Rosetta Stoned though

Shh

that was fake tho

What's the best music board and why is it Sup Forums?

Rosetta Stoned is unnecessarily ridiculous and impossible drumming but Right In Two is good

Was it? Well it still sounded good anyhow

The reordering is actually the reason this album was their best.

Fuck off, undertow is best

I remember when it came out a mate on a forum did a left right pan thing with selections off the (at the time) newest nickelback record and, though obviously very selective was pretty gross to listen to how tonally alike they were. *metal riff breakdown* ugh.

It's certainly got it's moments. I do love Right in Two Rosetta Stoned is almost a guilty pleasure, it's the silly themed but well orchestrated sequel to Hooker With A Penis > Ticks And Leeches (the apeshit song) though I can see some probably poorly consider it more like Third Eye which is IMO sorta the apex of them getting the prog thing righ, though if you ever saw them do Fludge (flood grudge medley) thats pretty up there, as well as their 98/99(salival) version of Pushit.

Maynard cannae scream no more and he's lived in millionaire unreality for so long he started getting pop-star agenda-y and lost the heart of his internally focused lyrics.

>Fludge
Any videos of this? Also Third Eye is the apex of their work imo, nearly flawless song with flawless flow

He's gone on record saying that their music was never meant to be serious. Then again, he was probably joking or just tired of kids saying how Tool saved their lives yada yada.

>third eye

Nah mate, sorry. It's The Grudge

having gone to a bunch of bullshit phoenix wine parties because of nurse friends being pretentious cunts, Maynard is always there shitting all over fans while trying to huck his shitty snake oil wine that tastes like every other shitty red from a drug store.

I get it that fans are assholes most of the time, but he goes out of his way to look down on anyone who even hints that they like his music so fuck him, fuck tool, fuck perfect circle which hasn't been good since their first album and fuck puscifer just because Maynard is such a cock smoker.

Having said that undertow is best album, anema was 99% as good but with the sell out song you could tell he had crested and was only worried about fat stacks of cash and didn't give a fuck about fans. Tragic.

I'd pay to lick Maynards balls

>Unnecessarily ridiculous
In what way, user?

It's rumored that the band partially chose the name Tool so that fans would be walking around wearing shirts calling themselves tools

That's a shame. Maynard screams are best screams

>because they themselves are tools

Oh I'm all too aware of the violent shift they had to go through in mass internet era times (2000 onward), people reading too much into them is what I meant by toxic fans - Fucking Blair never helped that though. Ultimately I want a fun dance and some killer riffs, and they delivered that for a long time. Maynard did get quite full on reactionary eventually though, Puscifer is shit and crass. And Amotion? jesus fucking christ.

Not anymore? Still got a box of audio bootlegs somewhere. If you can find audio/video of the Australian 2002 tour, it was their opener.

Went to his failed LA restaurant back in 03. God awful and overpriced. It was literally 'pay because of my name' like he was Anthony Bourdain or some shit.

Here's some rarish stuff.

because its not, its aenima

Yeah m8 they didn't follow the same timing as tool and some random fucker was singing in spanish while others thought it was latin, as a matter of fact, here these are the four songs that were "leaked" asdfqwerty.com/tool