Sup Forums

Sup Forums,

I want to run away. I am 24 years old and have been living at home for roughly the last 3 years after doing a few years in prison. I am diagnosed with bipolar and am on disability, and my mom has been deemed to handle the monthly check I get from disability. I am finally off of probation and I want to move to get my own place, get a car/job, and get off of my meds (clozapine, remeron, clinazepam) but my mom won’t let me do any of that. For the medicine, she says there are house rules which require me to take it; and she won’t let me drive/work/get my own place because she doesn’t think I’m ready, which she has been saying for almost 3 years now.

Is she legally allowed to force me to take meds and not let me move on with my life? If I were to leave, is there anything she can do about it?

Is that Alison Angel shooped by a retarded 8 year-old?

Don't go off the grid because you don't want to end up homeless. Just tell your mom that you want to move on with your life. Get a job before you move out. Save money to rent a place and you should be fine. If she doesn't like it then too bad she's not gonna burn your money. running away is better than doing nothing I guess.

that JLaw or Haley Bennet? I can't tell

She won’t let me get a job.

How? Does she physically restrain you from getting a job? What exactly is stopping you from disobeying her and getting one anyway?

Unless there's a court order or something saying you have to do what your mom says, you're legally an adult and well within your rights to tell her to fuck off and let you live your life.

Well, I don’t have my license, and she wants me to wait a fucking year until I get it, maybe even longer. I live out in the country so there aren’t any places that I could work at within walking/biking distance.

Any public transportation? Also, there's nothing stopping you from paying for driving lessons, getting a license, and buying your own beater car.

Normally I would say yes, but since you are asking people on Sup Forums for advice, I would definitely say that you are not mentally fit to contribute to society.

How would I get a license if I have no means of transportation?

I do have a few hundred dollars from Christmas.

How far is it from where you live to the nearest civilization?

5 miles at least

If you can't figure it out on your own, you aren't ready.

This. You have quite a bit of maturing to do yet.

Check’d

5 miles? Jesus fucking christ. Get your out of shape ass on a bike and bike 5 miles.

My mom would likely follow me with her car.

So what? Does she have any legal authority over you? Who determined that she gets your disability checks anyway? Are they made out to you or her?

It sounds like your mom is looking out for you. If you run away now and get off your meds you going to end up on the streets and probably smoking meth or doing heroin. If your serious you need to get a job and your own place and prove you can be successful on your meds.

Tell her you are an adult and you want a job and car, and that you will acquire a job and car whether she likes it or not, and if she doesn't let you do that then you will leave. Honesty is the best policy, but I wouldn't move out until you have had a job and car for a little while. Rent free housing is few and far between, and can be a useful advantage, and the best way to get a savings going before you start your adult life. Also, your mom may see you staying at home, but getting a job and car as a fair compromise. Just be confident in yourself, and make a plan, and stick with it.

It sounds like she thinks she knows what's best for him, but actually has no fucking clue. How is the 30 year old manchild she's trying to create supposed to cope with society?

She won’t show me the checks; I have no idea whether they’re made out to me or not.

Well who sends them? Are you allowed to use the telephone? Call up whoever sends them and figure it out.

What were you in prison for? That's a fairly important details as to whether you'll even be able to get a job.

I have no idea who sends them.

that's sorta the point, he has so many issues that he can't cope, going off the meds will lead to a downwards spiral and he'd be worse off. Needs to be supported while he works through his issues (assuming he wants to get better) or he's gonna end up dead somewhere

Sup Forums, is she cute?

>24
>mom won't let me do anything
You're pathetic. Did you ask permission to use the computer before you made this thread?

Also, when you say this, say it calmly and confidently, not angrily demanding it.

Figure it out. You could man up and ask your mom, or you can play a game of telephone with government offices until you figure it out. You have all the free time in the world. Use it.

Baby steps my dude, unless you are forced by law to take those meds she can't force you to take them. Try to figure out a compromise by getting off of the meds for a bit and see how you react. Then together figure out a way to get you a job and a license.

mommy, i'm an ADULT and i want a job and a car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1eleven

This is how it would probably go down.

yep

Did we scare OP away?

>while he works through his issues
Not how it works. He's a mental cripple, the meds are a crutch, he can no more work through his issues than a quadriplegic can.
>say it calmly and confidently, not angrily demanding it.
He's bipolar, and so bad that he's on disability for it which means that even with meds it isnt really controlled, it just keeps him from killing himself or others. Even if he tries to do what you ask he can't stay calm more than a few seconds, confrontation tends to send bipolars to one of their extremes.

go for a long bike camping trip get your head together...find out what you really neeed to survive...go camp out and get a job and start living life...I lived in a tent for a while before I bought a van and lived in that

>Did we scare OP away?
Probably. Bipolars dont handle arguments or confrontation very well, they're autistic manchildren that go into a world-hating rage or a self-hating depression when they don't get exactly their way.

the thread got better after op left

I’m OP, still here

Where did you go? We've got a lot of open questions for you.

Triple dubs. Nice.

Question away

You won't be able to handle real life so just accept your retard checks and live a happy life.

Arson

Burn anything interesting?
Next step is getting a hold of your disability checks for yourself. How did you learn of their existence? Was there some government agency that told you/your mom about them? The only way your mom would legally have control over them is if you were deemed mentally unfit by the courts. Did this happen?

TITS or GTFO!

To be dat grass under dat ass

Dude, it's ok
Your mom is overprotecting you because you fucked up in the past, and who knows what more.
You've to talk to her, better your relationship with her, and gain her trust. There are no tricks, just doing what you really know, deep inside, that is right.
Be more responsible, and demonstrate it with acts. Help her with her shit whenever you can. Man the fuck up.

Are you having sex with your mom?

Jobs are for pussies. Build a business instead and don't be anyone's bitch nevermore.
You can start earning money freelancing, or working with mturk and shit like that.
If you're from the US you can make some e-commerce business in Amazon; a lot of guys are killing it there.

Read The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferris to see where the rabbit hole goes. An real opportunity to start again. Download it free from LibGen.

Evolve or die

RIP English, sorry

What a loser. LOL.

harvest is when she needs you the most. its only one more season. you can go to the academy next year.

She controls you because she's worried about you, you've had it rough.Sounds like you've had enough of the smothering though. Tell her that just because you rock a disability label that shouldn't warrant that she restrict your freedom, you're allowed to live life on your terms. Tell her you know she means well, but you'd like permission to fail.

She knows you are the next Roofy and doesn't want to disgrace the family. White dudes are the biggest losers on the planet.

I think she wants the D

I would see if I could appeal to some entity, court or psych person, and overturn the decision. She might be right, though. dunno

Thanks for the advice everyone. Going to bed now

If you go off your meds, you go off your rocker

Fuck her hard
Think about it.
Jerk off while thinking about her, let all your frustration off her