>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/pvqp25cx
soundcloud.com/samuelcfaria/ultimamente
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just bought a new strat and I’m happy

How often do you guys use/play sixth chords? Is it worth learning them deliberately, or should I just pick them up as I go?

when i play bbking or hendrix
i just add it on the Emaj shape chord tho

Got this ugly sumbitch down to 300, should I hold out and go lower?

I wouldn't pay more than $150 for that

i've been overusing them so much lately

they sound kinda grizzly bear-ish

Looks sexy my d00d

It's got the kind of neck dreams are made of.

What fingerings do you guys use for sixth barres?

Emaj bar chord with the index only at 1 and 2 strings and pinky on the 2nd string sixth

congrats my man
looks sexy

Like this?

x

no the sixth on the b string
i cant reach like that but its an interesting voicing if you can

You're going to have to post it, because I don't see why the pinky and the index finger are both on the B string.

who here into lou reed
clyp.it/pvqp25cx

you can put the index just on the e string then

Maybe miss off the A string?

thats it

hot

soundcloud.com/samuelcfaria/ultimamente

Put your fucking name back on, it means we can filter you.

Thank you all

Should I get a MS-70CDR to experiment around and come up with interesting layered sounds, or should I save up for a Warped Vinyl that does vibrato/chorus exceptionally well?

honestly i don't think I could justify buying any chasebliss pedals. They're all really fucking cool and joel is a nice guy but god damn they're pricey. My current chorus/vibrato is the julia by walrus audio and its pretty great. The ms-70cdr is mult-fuunctional so that might be the best bang for your buck. Only get warped vinyl if you're drowning in cash you don't know what to do with

You could always just get a chorus/vibrato you like and get a mini looper to layer the sounds.

i am not samuel wtf

why not just get a zoom multifx

I never said you were Samuel, you dumb fuck huemonkey.

I'm just tossing out options for the dude

yeah, when the best option is a zoom multifx

you used the word "you" to refer refer to a post with a link to samuel
do you mean YOU are Samuel?

>best option
I mean yeah, if you think that wasting money on a multi-fx board is a good option instead of getting a pedal that sounds good.

youre inverting stuff there. pedals are a waste of money, zoom multfxs sound good

I don't need a multi-fx, I already have a decent pedalboard. I'm only lacking modulation to add some texture.

then sell the pedalboard and buy a zoom g3

Nice meme bro
Consider some lesser known companies. Old Blood Noise Endeavors makes some interesting modulation pedals.

Is the Vox Mark III a good entry-level instrument to learn guitar ?

not memeing brah

I'd imagine it's annoying to sit down and play with.

Dunno, but you have to be certain you're only ever going to stand up to play.

it's too expensive to be an instrument you're going to learn on. buy a 2-300$ guitar, It'll play well and you won't be a grand in the hole if you decide guitar's not for you

These things are finest japanese craftsmanship. But they dont really age like a Strat or LEs Paul, the wood just isnt that great. Still, its a 30yo guitar.

>It'll play well

Lel. Have fun struggling with a garbage 200$ strat copy that never stays in tune and its neck being warped.

First guitar should atleast be 500-700.

whats wrong with its wood

also
>tonewood
lol kek

here's a tip: don't buy a garbage strat copy.

Ibanez makes some great stuff in the 2-300$ range. Just picked up one of their artcores for like 350 and it plays great. You can also go to pawn shops and find some older more obscure instruments that don't carry a high price tag due to lack of interest.

ibenez strat copies are garbage whats wrong with you
the non strats are too

>artcore
Those are bottom shelf shit m8.

a beginner's gear doesn't need to be top shelf.

Who makes those ibanez? They aren't coming out of fujigen or world. Is it even cort?

honestly not even sure. I went into GC on a whim and played one. It played great so i picked it up.

I do understand where yall are coming from in that if you're a beginner, you won't know whether or not a guitar is actually good. But if you know anyone that can actually play, bring them along while you shop. It'll save you hundreds

I just looked it up, it's indonesia. Nothing wrong with that in recent years, but they aren't that great and I've heard quality is all over the place. Some are really nice, others are really fucking bad. Not something I'd buy off the name like an old yamaha, even the taiwanese ones are pretty denk. Definitely avoid old surf guitars because they're usually shit

Actually, an 80s pacifica is a really nice strat copy that is usually under 250 dollars. Not something a total beginner could find and identify, but it goes to show how fucked up the guitar market is.

Can i get a rundown on guitar companies? How do i know which guitar company is better to pick my first guitar

>not linking to a guitarist who matters

Just get a used MIM strat.

I did have this advice in the OP at one point, but it seems to have vanished.

Depending on how much you want to pay, you're looking at something coming out of korea (Cort, Samick, WMI) who make most guitars between 300 dollars and a grand, southeast asia (where squiers and fucking everything else comes from) or a MIM strat made by the same mexicans that make the MIA strat. Godin also makes some nice guitars under a lot of names.

Oh yeah, and QC and hardware quality varies by brand, even if the same koreans are making prs and bc rich.

what russian muff is about? Are they just more bassy than normal muffs?

It's melodic minor week!

why should i care

Lazy picture rate time because I can't be bothered to read posts. That's a nice looking archtop desu.

That's a pretty decent strat. Looks fairly basic and standard, but there's nothing wrong with that.

aha, i recognize that. hmm. desu because i'm reckless with cash, i'd probably go for it. it's a nice enough guitar, even if it doesn't hold its value like big name guitars.

oh man i have to check that warped vinyl out, looks sweet. but the zoom multistomp has so much. i don't know what you want to play with it. those pedals aren't comparable.

they look like weird impotent piles of crap, never liked the aesthetics.

they're (((russian))) muffs (see pic related)

Would your caring make any difference? Just play melodic minor this week. Thank you.

lol why should i do what you tell me

Looking into building a microboard. What brands should I prioritize?

>they're (((russian))) muffs (see pic related)
Not him but I'm not seeing how the pic is related.

>should
You can only should do what you end up doing. You can't shouldn't do what you did. There is no contingency in this scenario.

Get a strat or something.

>Make History

>microboard
Very cool. I want. Pedal Train Nano plus boxes.

What model is she holding?

My local guitar center has a MIM strat for $300. There is seemingly nothing wrong with it, no dings or anything. Should I buy it?

Surely there is something wrong with it, like it's the wrong color.

If you want shit tone and horrible craftsmanship then yeah Fender is the way to go.

misspelled Gibson

Fender is pretty good relative to Gibson. Name a better guitar than a MIM strat at $300.

A MIM tele.

fender is for the poor who wants a big name guitar and dont care for it thin tone

I agree with you, I have one.

Okay, a better guitar than a MIM Fender at $300

Alright, /gg/ I come to you so my fate may be decided here and now.
I'm looking for the most stereotypical 80's guitar I can get. Basically, a Superstrat with an obnoxious colour and hot pickups. Bonus points for a pointy headstock and hidden achievement: reverse headstock.
The Charvel So Cals (pic related) seem really cool, but I wish they didn't have the stratocaster headstock...

>inb4 wanting to look ""cool""
>inb4 hair metal faggot
Yea, fuck me,right?

Any suggestions? Also, any alternatives without a Floyd Rose? Being able to change tunings on the go might be handy

best colors for a strat IMO. I own one with the same scheme

Gibson is for the mentally retarded autist who thinks paying for a name gets him tone

Protip: it doesn't, it gets you a guitar that won't tune and the headstock pops off.

A peavy t-25

Forgot to mention, not looking for ibanez (don't really care for 3 pickups) or Jackson/ESP (not a fan of their headstock)

I haven't seen any teles around that price point. Most other guitars that are even close to that online have like $100 shipping. I'm not sure the exact color but it's grey with a hint of gold. The one thing I noticed that was wrong with it was there was a little rust on the saddles but that's it. I'm thinking of going there right now and putting $150 down on it.

gibson gets you a guitar that the poor man thinks his prs sounds the same

>Not using patrician PRS or EBMM
Fucking poorfags man

I should mention the only guitar that I have right now is an Epiphone Les Paul. I was going to save up for a better amp but this seems like a really good deal.

If you have the money, go for it, you can buy a cheap case and relist it on ebay for 600 if you don't want it.

pls reply ;-;

honestly i would instantly gravitate to Ibanez'.

yea, it makes sense but I really don't like 3 pickups and 24 frets

3 color sunburst and rosewood is best.

I don't know much about shred guitars, but everything you've described just makes me think of Ibanez.

Here is a list of superstrat brands ripped from Wikipedia: Kramer, Jackson, Charvel,Yamaha, Aria, Ibanez, and Hamer.

This.

Is HSH really that much worse than HH? I see what you mean about 24 frets, but you might be hard-pressed to find a superstrat that doesn't have that.

Does anyone actually own a real PRS? Like one from the core collection, not one from the SE or S2 lines.

I’m convinced only famous musicians who already made it are the people willing to spend $4K on a guitar.

I've never understood how Les Pauls and PRS are so expensive.

Particularly considering that the build quality of Les Pauls is the same as a regular $1k guitar, and PRS are just so gaudy.

Looks like a Fender Electric XII. It’s the guitar Page recorded Stairway on.

Artist guitars aren't even made by PRS. At least not anymore. They outsource that shit to someone who can actually make a 10k guitar.

Combination of US labor and the name. Mostly the name.

Yeah, it was somewhat rhetorical.

I have a little Martin :3

Is that a Martin X series?

How is it? Was thinking of getting one because of the brand and affordable price.

I realize that now, but it makes you wonder where the money goes. Gibson sure as fuck aren't using top shelf hardware or UV resistant paint.

I've never thought PRS guitars looked good. I don't like the shape of the body or headstock and the thick poly coating was always undesirable to me.