What's a better comfy daily driver for around $25k, a new Honda Accord or a 2-3 year old Acura TLX?

what's a better comfy daily driver for around $25k, a new Honda Accord or a 2-3 year old Acura TLX?

Any old or new Bmw

Acura

Miata

Is

Always

The

Answer

>people not going for a miat
w h y

This,
>/thread

but also this,
>/thread

Not being a weeb faggot

Headlights go up headlights go down. Miata. Comfy, Saab 900, classic one. But miata.

Second this, but don't be poorfag

honda/acura reliability >>> bmw

Op, don’t listen to anyone here. Go get a Subaru wrx. Best bang for your buck in that price range

No shit, but they are the ultimate driving machines for a reason

Must have lots cash to dump dealer shop repairs into it

*disappears in a cloud of vape smoke and rod knock*

Truth. BMW's are a fun and amazing drive and would beat any Honda/Acura etc while they work...but in 4 years the BMW would either be broken down or require thousands and thousands in repairs with shit constantly going wrong (and be prepared for dealer-only parts) while the Honda/Acura is still going strong on the road with no or very little maintenance.

Don’t buy bmw, better or par cars for cheaper as far as luxury, and if anything goes wrong as far as maintenance it will cost you loads more than say American made, or Japanese

No, that's an ad campaign not a fact

"Ultimate driving machine"...what's the requirements for that? A car that bricks when the radio dies because they threw some needed component for the computer in there, or a car that..you know...turns over and works everytime you crank the key?

BMW's are fun for the short duration of time between breakdowns, but it's not ultimate when it's sitting in a shop every other weekend.

Literally the most boring car ever made. Toyota is even embarrassed as to how boring this car is. Their Prius and Camry are more interesting than this block of wood.

bmw is babby's first luxury car. every middle manager has one, and a 3 series is code for I can barely afford luxury so I bought the basic bitch 3 series. also bmw is pigfat garbage now. only the e36/e39 and earlier matter.

OP go with the japanese cars, TLX or Accord is a win either way, and you won't look like a total douche.

I have 2 old bmws, a 02 325xi and an 05 330i. I also have a 2015 Nissan Altima. My bmws always break down, but I would rather drive one of them then my new Nissan, or my truck. Go buy a bmw and some tools

exactly. only an idiot ever owns a bmw past the warranty period. they are shit.

BMW's used to be and use that slogan. But not any more. They have lost their way... Mercedes, especially AMG, has filled their minds full of fuck and now they have no identity. I won't consider them until they get their head and their ass wired together.

t. 3 X M3 owner.

youll enjoy a broken bmw more then a Honda

see

Buy a used Acura, infiniti or Hyundai Genesis. Decent amount of luxury, reasonable price. Unlike german cars, they are reliable and repair costs are low. Personally I like infiniti.

Instead of buying the newest 3 series, you know that op could get an older 7, an older m3, or even an older 540, and he’ll still be glad he doesn’t drive a soulless Honda or Acura.
Rwd>awd&fwd

If you get a Nissan/Infiniti, stay away from their CVT models, that trans is garbage and you'll be parking the car in a repair shop more times than you can count.

Also forgot to add this

Pro tip: Owning a BMW won't make your peepee bigger

My Altima has the cvt and nothing ever happened to it. The dealership updated the trans software and that’s it. 28k miles now btw

dubs of truth

Actually I think owning a BMW makes your peepee smaller.

>28k miles
That's...not even broken in yet. You'll see. That trans is pure trash. Good luck getting 2-300k.

All you guys talking about reliability do not know shit. Can you please explain what makes a Honda more reliable than a bmw or a Audi? Let’s not compare a 2018 Honda to a 2000 3 series, lets keep it fair. Bmws are better cars than any Honda or Acura. Newsflash guys, all new cars are pretty reliable

why on earth would anyone have a car for 200-300K miles? Jesus christ what a loser.

I’m gonna trade it in before I get to 60k anyway so idgaf lolZ. Also warranty

It does and everyone knows because BMW drivers either drive always pissed off or completely mindless because they lack dick length

>"Hi, I want a car that'll break down fast and spend a lot of money on it"
>What's the resale value on a car that's known to not make that mileage when even a Ford or a GM can do it
>it's 2018, even a POS car company can crank out 2-300k cars...no excuse for a 'better' car company not to
Your excuses are lame and you should feel ashamed.

All of you guys owe it to yourselves to drive any bmw. Litterally any one. Even the shittiest one will put a smile on your face, until that fucker breaks down. But you love it so much you’ll fix it just to do it all over again

What are you even talking about? I already said I barely drive the Altima anyway since I like my beemers better

see Sure you might only have it for 100k or less, but it'll sell for more $$ for that next better ride if it's not already a POS car that no one wants to invest in with high mileage. There's a reason Toyotas and Hondas retain their value.

IDK but I love getting a lot of money back when I sell a car, but maybe finances aren't your strong point user

Unless it's a turbo motor. Then you're fucked.

>all these cucks shilling/buying/owning/putting money into a fucking bmw
This is why they make shit cars that break down to begin with because they've convinced enough small dick faggots to buy them anyway

Lmao. Shill harder. German luxury automakers are much smaller companies. They have less product testing funds. They also cater to clients that care about comfort and performance, not reliability. Therefor they don't waste development funds on reliability. They require more frequent maintenance and their parts are much much more expensive.

Fucking finally someone who knows something. E46s ftw

> Hi, I want to buy one car and live with it for the next 15 years.
> i have a shit job so I can't ever afford to get a newer car
> did I mention I was a lazy NEET?

All cars break down. They’re just machines annon... bmws also run very hot, which puts a toll on the plastic components

Pretty much hate my 335 vert.

>not understanding the retaining value of a better car
>not understanding rolling that value into a better car in a few years
Hyperbolizing your argument to make a point means you didn't have one. Good luck on your next try

How? Almost m3 performance

Got a 325 vert, worst shit I ever bought.

>Almost M3 performance
There ya go

Bmw engines can last well over 300k as long as they are not overheated and semi maintained. Just because you can’t ignore the check engine light like you can on a pos Honda, does not mean they are unreliable. There’s a guy on the forums with 600k miles on his.

>making sound financial decisions on your purchases makes you a NEET
wew lad
I bet you're the kind of guy that goes grocery shopping on an empty stomach.

Don't be fooled by 0-60 times.

Throttle response is literally retarded. I mean an absolute flaming pile of dog shit.

> thinking of a car as only dollars and cents.
> not understanding that no one wants a honda with 120K miles because you might as will inhale gas fumes all day at that point of life failure

Every BMW or Merc or Audi or Porsche or VW ever made will easily last 15 years and 200K miles.

>VW
>Lasting 200k
>or 15 years
You literally proved you don't know anything about cars, you don't belong on this thread.

>"VW lasts 15 years and 200k"
hahahahahaha wtf mate I think you're fucking stoned.

Most electric throttle response blows now a days. Sport mode, or get a tune

and you're the kind of person who only buys food after you've collected a coupon for it.

Its not a fucking investment. its a car. its both functional and fun. Enjoy driving the same car as 75 year old ladies. Why the fuck are you on this board even? there is no /aarp/ board.

>still hyperbolizing the argument in the hopes to make a point
It's past your bed time, user. At this rate you won't get up early to have your BMW towed to the mechanics again.

If you own a bmw, you are the mechanic. Or your friends with one at the very least

Of course they can last the long. Any car can last that long. The question is at what cost.

My Dodge pickup is 17 years old and it's still like brand new.

True that. I own a Volvo, and while it's a fun drive (turbo sedan, high hp), it breaks often and the parts are dealer-only most of the time and expensive as balls. I've got good at wrenching what I can but there's always something every year I simply don't have the tools for. Shit gets old after a while, next car would definitely be a more reliable model. I don't need this shit breaking at the worst fucking moment, like when I'm a few hundred miles away from home or need to get to work.

Neither tune nor sport mode help much. It's a beautiful, well built car in almost every other respect.

The morons responsible for this incompetence should be shot.

all this spoke by people who have never owned one.
I've had 3. Brother had 1. Parents 2.

no problems over the course of 20 years.

Keep talking out of your ass. maybe someone is dumb enough to listen.

Jesus Christ just stop, you're trying WAY too hard now

What cost? If it’s a newish bmw hopefully you have some type of warranty for these problems. If it’s older, it depends what has been refreshed already. I can replace pretty much anything that will fail on a m54 engine for about 400-800. Obviously not including labor

Exactly. "Every car will last as long as you're willing to repair it" Even a fucking Yugo will go forever if you're willing to keep maintaining it...but that's the point: at what cost. After a while, you just get sick and tired of it.

I have 2 bmws, a Nissan and a truck. Both my bmws are broken down right now. I’m the one who told op to get one btw

You're responding, so technically you're listening. You're not good at this, user.

My point is that you will not get tired of fixing your bmw because you’ll love driving it so much. And when you are tired of fixing it, you’ll get another bmw.

If I was going to spend $25K, it would be one of these.

2008 ML63. Air suspension, lockers, big block top end luxury everything.

OP said $25k. Anything your getting for that price is out of warranty. I work for Mercedes-Benz. Every day i see idiots come in with a just out of warranty cars that they bought a couple months ago. It needs 5 grand in repairs and they can't pay for it.

i have a 2006 325ci that i bought from a family friend at 66k, i am learning this now. engine runs great at 88k but everything else is breaking and these steering and abs sensors are expensive as fuck.

Stay away from an air suspension.

Far away.

are you claiming none of these bmws required repairs over 20 years? i don't understand.

I have a 325xi and a 330i. The parts are not expensive if you know where to look. Go sign up to e46fanatics.com, those guys will put you in the right direction

That's what that moron isn't understanding. He keeps saying the same stupid shit over and over again "dur bmw dur just get it bro it's super good dur" as if they're cheap as fuck or the same cost to own as an acura would be. The sad part is at this point I don't even think he's trolling

is this true only for mercs, or for all cars in general?

Lmaoooo 4realz yo

This user is correct.

That is the one thing that worries me, heard it's like $8K to fix. But, my gf has an ML500 and I love it though, that's an even better one.

Those types of people have no business owning finicky cars. You either pay the new car price, or you pay for used car repairs. Luxury cars aren’t cheap even if they aren’t new

Yup, I've known plenty of people who can't buy a happy meal, because they spend all of their money fixing the BMW that they love so much.

The point is that any new car that only costs around 25k is going to be a soulless plastic pos, especially if it’s Japanese. Op will be much happier with any bmw, old or new. Actually op will be happier with any other car besides a Honda.

>ultimate driving machine

Wrong. Very wrong.

I have friends that work for bmw and audi. They are all the same. It's just the way they build the cars, they don't want or care about them lasting. Majority of people who buy a new german luxury car, buy a new one as soon as the warranty expires, if not sooner.

I would take an m5 or any big boy bmw over that

the frustrating thing is that garages basically push you to repair it yourself because of their absurd labor quotes;
i had an oil pan leak that wasn't even spotting the floor, quote to replace the gasket was $50 parts and $500 fucking labor, my time isn't that precious so i'm willing to climb the learning curve on some repairs but still reluctant to take the car apart to get at some more difficult shit like HVAC which is in my experience the worst/most expensive

V6 Accord Coupe, Im about to buy one myself. 2013+

Op knows he wants a Japanese car around 25K he probably doesn't care about driving experience. OP just wants something that will turn over every morning on his way to work. Your argument is invalid and highly influenced by your love for Bimmers.

Replacing the oil pan gasket on that car isn’t an easy job btw. I’ve done it. Do not go to any garages or dealerships. Find a reccomedend independent bmw mechanic that actually cares about these cars.

>I would take an m5 or any big boy bmw over that

Then you're one dumb motherfucker.

Let me guess, you've never driven any of these cars, amirite?

correct

Any automatic is a soulless pos, and buying a used bmw that's out of warranty is stupid as fuck I don't care how "well maintained" it is/was. The parts are expensive as fuck, any suspension work is going to rack up thousands of dollars right off the bat, and if you don't have the funds to fix it right away you're SOL and out of a car. Why even put yourself in that situation all for the "privilege and prestige" of driving a USED bmw? And before you say "oh fix it yourself" the average driver doesn't have the knowledge, desire, or time to do that. Even if he did he'll eventually run into shit that'll require a shop

it is much easier than replacing the heater core - $1488 labor quote!

For less than 2k you could get a full coil over system. Suspension doesn’t cost that much. Nobody said anything about prestige, just a better driving experience is all.

OP should consider a used G or Q Infiniti. They depreciate like a rock and don't have pussy front-wheel drive.