Why are there people who think that Rogue One won't be good?

Why are there people who think that Rogue One won't be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award_for_Best_Actress
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if its a gritty war movie it should be awesome, i just don't see Disney letting that happen though.

I'm just kinda bored with the whole Skywalker saga.
I'd rather see something ancient or so far into the future.

Or something not related to Vader/The timeline that we all know about.

Disney has KOTOR and tons of ancient stories to pick and choose from and yet they decide to make a Young Han Solo movie and this prequel to A New Hope.

It will lack the same brand recognition.

HAHAHAH because of shit posters like this

> still hoping it'll be okay though

this will be kino, the last good star wars film until episode X

>No Kyle Katarn

SPOILERS :

THEY GET THE PLANS

>no Mary suetarn

good.

What? Star Wars is Star Wars. Lighsabers and it's done deal.

>Why are there people who think that Rogue One will be any good?
FTFY

That's a fan poster.

This is my guess. They analized how people hated the new trilogy and tried to give TWO STTAR WARS. The kiddy friendly quips version for kids that SW7 was and a darker "firefly" like focused to the already fans. Im guessing this will be a bigger success thatn SW7 because its the first movie aimed for the same audience that grew up with SW4,5,6

Multiple reshoots, studio interference, cookie-cutter characters and predictable plot... You name it. They are going to play it as safe as they can, like in Episode VII, which is crap.

It's gonna be shit. Not only no one fucking cares about how the Rebels got the plan, but the protagonist is clearly inspired by Young Adult novels characters (like Katniss,perfect teens who save everything) and, like Rey, will be a Mary Sue. Disney Star Wars, like the Extended Universe, is shitty fanfiction.

>stronk indepyndynt wymyn instead
Good?
Also, Kyle is based, fuck off

>story seems generic action trash.
>committee approved casting decisions focused on diversity and the asian market.
>no stakes as far as the star wars universe goes.

Why do people think it will be good?

WHY ARE THERE STILL PEOPLE THAT THINK RE-MAKES/RE-BOOTS ARE GOOD.

Jesus christ.

Was start wars 7 any good? I never bothered to see it because of some combination of Star wars being childish and the whole muh feminism muh black sidekick thing.

based mads

might as well be a movie about stealing the designs of the Titanic

who the fuck cares? we all knew what was going to happen 40 years before the movie ever hit theaters

the idea of a feature length film about stealing the plans for the Death Star was an objectively bad idea and whoever came up with it and the people who allowed this idea to pass on to being greenlit all deserve to be fired by Disney.

>jyn erso is kyle katarn and jan ors rolled into one

hyped to meet her bf Guy Rebel

The attempts to pander to the Chinese market are so obvious that I feel like its offensive.

>Thinking the movie is actually about the Death Star plans.

I wasn't aware that you saw it.

This isn't a reboot or a remake.

Because Disney's shit-smeared hands are all over it.

When will this meme of "Disney makes bad films" die already?

>big-black-cocks-huge-dicks-178.jpg

>Star wars being childish and the whole muh feminism muh black sidekick thing
You're so biased going in that you'd hate it no matter how real your boogeymen were.

>if she isn't a mary sue
>she is a stronk
>Either way, women are bad on film?
Fucking pick one to complain about and stick to it faggot. What's the third option? Women aren't in the film at all?

It looks like one giant cluster fuck pandering movie.

Basically teen angst (hunger games) + random chinkfu for the Chinese audience.

I'll wait for the torrent.

Because the director's previous films are boring slogs, wasted opportunity. He sucks, ESPECIALLY with dialogue scenes which look to comprise most of the film.

Peter Jackson did Meet the Feebles.

>mfw he gets 5 minutes of screen time
wew

>It looks like one giant cluster fuck pandering movie.
>Basically teen angst (hunger games) + random chinkfu for the Chinese audience.

This.

Throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

I honestly feel like half of you are just embarrassed to admit you are excited about it.

Tfa had no lasting value and neither did zilla 14. Why would this be different?

many bothens died to bring you this meme.

That's the second Death Star, retard.

>Basically teen angst (hunger games) + random chinkfu for the Chinese audience.

Yup. this.

what did he mean by this?

the only people that didn't enjoy godzilla '14 are old ass nostalgia fags who only enjoy watching buildings being smashed. fuck off gramps, it was a good film.

Or maybe people didn't enjoy it because it was a bad film...?

They are bad. Name few good movies with female lead. Im waiting.
Also
>I rebel
>smug smirk

>They are bad.
All women across the board are bad at being leads? That's just blatantly retarded to the point of being shitty bait.

>Name few good movies with female lead.
Nigga, do you think nobody can name any movie with strong female leads? Are you honestly that dumb or do you think I'm falling for this bait?

Women are usually neither funny or interesting, so yeah.
Also, still don't see any examples

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award_for_Best_Actress

I guess you don't think Glenn Close, Nicole Kidman, Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, Amy Adams, Judi Dench, Charlize Theron, Diane fucking Keaton or Cate Blanchett are great leading actresses...right?

Get the fuck out of here you child.
>Women are usually neither funny or interesting
you are either gay, baiting me or a literal child who thinks girls are icky.

Ohh 'memba the Deathstar?

>contrarians still think the movie is even going to have the Death Star in it for more than a few minutes.

Well done, some chick won award in chick only category, because they have no chance rivaling men. Still, no movies to support your opinion.
Also, im not gay or kid or whatever. Worse, I was married

>some chick won award in chick only category
Are you seriously this stupid?

You said that not a single woman actress is good or interesting as a lead role. Despite this being a literally impossible statement and utterly retarded, I just listed a dozen or so actresses that were so good at their lead role, that they were nominated for Oscars or won them...

What the fuck is your point?

>Because the director's previous films are boring slogs
Was your statement. I'm explaining why this is retarded to say, given that a director (like Peter Jackson for instance) can make a piece of shit one year, and a global blockbuster the next.

It's just a dumb point, lad.

Try watching it again. More than half the movie is filler that goes nowhere. Dead air with non existent characters just there to fill the time required to make it a "film".

Yeah the Godzilla scenes are badass but you can compile them in a ten minute clip. The movie is almost two fucking hours long.

And who was competitors? Oh, yeah, other chicks. Well, someone had to get that award.
Still no examples

Bothans aren't human you uneducated fuck

>Still no examples
This is bait now, right? Of course if a woman is the lead...she would be competing with other female LEADS...of course she would be the LEAD of the film NOMINATED.

Like, what in the fuck are you even talking about now?

>And who was competitors? Oh, yeah, other chicks
Not a single faggot in this thread understands what your point is.

I asked about movie examples, not some 'you tried' awards

You asked for example of strong female leads from strong female actresses. Look at Diane Keaton and Judi Dench and their entire career for more than a dozen examples of strong lead roles. The list (that goes all the way back to the first Oscar award ceremony) I linked just shows you literal hundreds of films with female leads that were good enough to be nominated.

>inb4 some juvenile faggot rages about how the Oscars don't matter in the slightest

You can't be this obtuse.

Meet the Feebles is at least unique, shows signs of creativity and style. And everything Jackson made before that ranged from good to great. He was destined to make memorable films, become either a James Cameron or a Stuart Gordon.

Nothing in Gareth Edwards career has been good or promising. No signs of personality or staying power, just people in front of a camera reading dialogue, then some special effects shots. You certainly can't compare the stilted, awkward, boring, badly acted, sleep inducing Monsters to something like Bad Taste or Braindead.

It was a bad comparison, friend. Disney has proven their willingness to grab a yes man with little to no experience for the captain's chair by getting the Jurassic World guy for Episode IX. Edwards is a disposable tool, and a poor one at that, who so badly botched a fucking Star Wars movie that they had to do extensive reshoots and have the entire cast and crew leap to damage control. It's going to be a fucking mess and it will be his fault.

This user gets it.

>and predictable plot...
But what if there's a twist?

>Nothing in Gareth Edwards career has been good or promising.
Which is your opinion and something I can copy and paste in regards to Jackson's older films.
>It was a bad comparison
No, it wasn't. You just don't like the comparison.
>Disney has proven their willingness to grab a yes man with little to no experience for the captain's chair
Disney hire "literal whos" and indie directors all the fucking time you mong.
>who so badly botched a fucking Star Wars movie that they had to do extensive reshoots
Speculation and reshoots are not universally "bad" things. Only children think this.
>and have the entire cast and crew leap to damage control
More speculation just for the sake of being a contrarian.
>It's going to be a fucking mess and it will be his fault.
You have not seen the movie you speculative faggot. A lot of these complaints are spergy or made up.

Most of these movies are shit. Most of those with are not, arce carried by male lead. Handfull indeed have decent female lead, thats why i wrote previously that most women are neither funny or interesting, not all of them.
Also oscars are not irrevelant, some categories are

You're being an idiot with these points.

>I say that MOST women are not interesting and funny
>is shown literally hundreds of movies with female leads that most consider good or even great films
>I don't like most of these, so therefore the female leads are shit.
>therefore, most female leads are neither funny nor interesting.
>I even think men carry these female lead films...because (reasons)
You are absolutely autistic.

it has Ben Mendelsohn in it, it can't be bad.

whats your point ?

they can still die.

and what's your point ?

You know exactly what my point was you obtuse faggot.

It'll still be in there regardless.

Which doesn't really mean much.

Is it okay to not go see it?

After Disney declared the old canon no longer canon, I kinda just don't want to put anymore investment into the franchise.

I'll catch it when it comes out at Red Box or something.

retard.obtuse,faggot.

wow just wow.

I still don't get what you meant.

>many bothans died.

I, Rey's mother. I meant Rebel.

I don't consider TFA or this Canon so nah.

Same reason Halo 4-5 and new MgS isn't Canon to me either. The original creators artistic vision is not present.

These new flicks are Young adult films a la Twilight or Hunger Games etc

Well you can live in denial all you want, TFA is canon. All Disney Star Wars properties are officially canon.

You know it's all make-believe, right?

No shit, autismo. Really made my neurons fire in my cerebrum.

>Hurr Durr
Give me a example of a good movie with good female lead. Your example, not some academy faggots.
Also, since we are in SW thread, preferably Action/Adventure movie

>star wars
>Disney starwars

rebels=resistance
empire=first order

its almost like George kept the right's to all the best names etc.
ok user its still the same ,toppest of keks

No I'm not playing this autistic game with you.

I don't quite understand what your point is, in relation to what I said.

cause there hasnt been a good star wars since the 80s and lets face it, there never will be

>Give me a example of a good movie with good female lead
You have already exhibited that you would just dismiss the films anyway...stop being retarded.

>No I'm not playing this autistic game with you.
By not playing a game you lose it.
And proving my point, you are not capable to give me a single example, because you know it's impossible.
Thanks for fun

>By not playing a game you lose it
That's not how losing works.
>you are not capable to give me a single example, because you know it's impossible
It's like you ignored this entire conversation we have already had...

you call it "Disney star wars"

when its just "star wars"

Two different entity's

1=original
2=not original

Therefor not "canon"

You are quite retarded, aren't you? Disney owns the property...they decide what's canon. Do you just not know what the word "canon" means? Is that the issue?

Why are some of you faggots in such denial about this? Jesus fucking Christ, it's so sad.

Nobody care about that, only kids that have played the video games

All modern movies have reshoots. Some companies have entire schedules planned before actual shooting

cause we are no longer teenagers

Because the last 5 movies to come out of Star Wars have been somewhere on the spectrum between horrible and disappointing.

>when the whitest hero you can put in a poster is Diego Luna

top fucking kek ay mamacita

>main is a white female
keep REEEing over "muh forced diversity" though.

>Sup Forums is so dumb that a pretty straightforward point goes right over ttheir heads
this place is turning into Sup Forums with all these double digit IQ posters