Industrial Middle Age Thread

>be in the 90s
>be an angsty teen

Industrial music really gets me

>20 years later
>These bands are still around being angsty
>See this at a show

Was I a faggot all along? Were the jocks right?

Other urls found in this thread:

gothiccruise.com/
youtu.be/ktmuHaXT0r4?t=2821
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If it's supposed to be trump then is that implying trump is anti nazi

>Was I a faggot all along?

Well, you're still a faggot if you get triggered over people calling out Trump.

Not triggered and I could care less about Trump. How long can people be angsty? The singer has to be in his 50s and he is still trying to be edgy. Just stop

What industrial music did you listen to?

Why people hate presidents that act like clowns and racists? What a libcuck thing to do amirite fellow r/the_donald subs?

KMFDM, Hanzel und Gretyl, VNV Nation and stuff like that. If it was on Metropolis Records I was into it.

gothiccruise.com/

For when you are so goth you need a vacation

Wasn't that at that Death Grips concert recently? I imagine it's something venues put up, I doubt multiple bands carry around giant inflatable chickens.

Howdy fellow Philadelphian, which did you like more Ministry or Death Grips?

Literally nothing wrong with them. Maybe you should stop seeing music through politics, fashion/trends and memes.

>oh no i used to like these bands that are targeted to kids with no taste because of social pressure D: wahhh

DG was fantastic. Al from Ministry got too drunk on stage in my opinion

i thought that was supposed to be death grips blow up thing. didnt stay for ministry. glad death grips doesnt pull that stupid shit.

DG is touring with Ministry and DG didn't have it out it was Ministry

Couple of followup thoughts
-The lead singer of Ministry killed it with his jokes, Pats or Genos had me in stitches.
-Death Grips was good, but their levels seemed off? Like... if they had been at ministry levels it would have been fucking mindblowing.
-The death grips crowd was the most enthusiastic I've ever seen, like, they knew every word for every song.

i didnt stay for ministry. good god there were so many fucking teens there. i felt sorry for them on stage floor. i was up near the bar with my brother

Yeah man, it seemed like all the DG fans were 19, and everyone in the over 21 areas were like all 50 year old metal heads, very strange dynamic

i met one guy that was around my age. cool guy, talked to him about a bunch of concerts we've been to. yeah, i had a few dad looking guys walking around near us upstairs. you could definitely tell who was here for who

You mean DRUMPPF right?

while we're on Death Grips, which song's at 47 minutes ? I can't recognise it.
youtu.be/ktmuHaXT0r4?t=2821

>Implying the singer was not specifically making music target at angsty teenagers from the start.

I break mirrors with my face in the united states

God. Death Grips suck.

man, it sounds so much more aggressive live

wait
does death grips go first or does ministry go first? I'm seeing them in Detroit and I totally thought ministry would go on first

industrial, outside of martial industrial, is super lefty. don't know what the big surprise is.

all things against trump is just virtue signaling. fucking weinstein or flynt are against trump of all people. i doesn't mean anything when all slum slimes are against trump no matter how shit people they are themselves.

>industrial, outside of martial industrial, is super lefty.
You know nothing of the genre. Stick to your lattes and scarves.

Is this bait?

Death Grips goes first.

Also this is why FLA is the most godly of the big "industrial" acts. They dont get super political instead they stick to their man/machine themes and the whole cyberpunk thing. Skinny Puppy and all just seem ridiculous at this point with the drugs, blood ,and bandages and all and AL is the old guy at the party who didnt realize all his other friends have grown up.

nah, maybe you should. the founding groups (TG in particular) were all about exposing the evils of humanity by way of incensing the terrors of right-wing regimes. they even adopted the logo of a far right group in the UK as their band logo.

So? They aren't the be-all and end-all of industrial. Times have changed a lot since then my sweet-natured friend.

the genre has always been mainly left-leaning, many bands in each 'wave' of artists espousing anarchism, liberalism and sometimes marxism. a lot of the earliest bands were like this (not just TG), and some of the bands that were bigger in the '90s resurgence like KMFDM, Laibach, Ministry and even some of the more current groups like Rome (although you could be convinced otherwise). I don't deny that there are right-leaning artists in the genre like NON, Death in June, Blood Axis, but the foundations of the genre were anything but. I'm also not some antifa fag, just find it funny when people see the fascist imagery and think it's a homage rather than an appropriation for shock value (as was also the case with punk rock).

>Ministry
>industrial

>giant inflatable trump chicken with swastika on chest

Somebody actually thought this would make sense and be a good idea

this just feels like a insult to the audience quite frankly. like i dont care that you dont like donald or whatever but dont antagonize me blow up donald chickens and caricatures of him on screen like im some fucking retarded child.

>not knowing about the peace swastika

You fell for the nazi meme idiot