Blade Runner thread

Was he human, or a replicant?

My guess is replicant

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_2049
youtube.com/watch?v=8Wsvc8ETEAU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Watch the fucking movie you child.

It's too bad i've already watched it, but then again, who hasn't?

the Sup Forums answer is the opposite of the /lit/ answer, you could say

sequel confirms he's human

what sequel?

Didn't know there was one

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_2049

it's been all over the entertainment news

Human is the only right answer. I don't care about Ridley Scott adding his pointless twist at the end, it wasn't in the book. Even the studio heads knew better than to let him pull that shit. Harrison Ford knew better.

Ridley Scott shot scenes that show that he is a replicant. This was his idea from day of storyboarding.

The film was edited in two ways. One where its alluded, and one where its not hinted at.

I definitely prefer human over replicant, but I think the mystery and debate is part of the appeal of the film. It forced you to pay attention to and analyze all the details. There was plenty of subtle nuance that supported either interpretation until Scott pumped out another edition to shove replicant.

It makes no sense in regards to the overall theme of the movie so no, he's just a human. A human that's shit at expressing emotion

>he reads entertainment news
What are you, a 50yo housewife?

He is human in the book. They should have kept his wife and the emotional manipulation in the film, would have been much better.

>Principal photography began in July 2016 and, as of September 2016, had been filming in Budapest, Hungary.
Movies go to Hungary to die. It will be a monumental flop.

t. Hungarian who's seen this happen every god damn time

Szemtelen kölyök, ne beszélj így a saját hazádról.

Még ha igaz is, akkor se

>dájhárd öt

That's such total bullshit and you know it. Scott himself said he was a replicant.

Human but there was a part in the book where replicants momentarily convince him that hes a mindwiped replicant and all his memories were fake.

Pretty fucking intense scene that kept me at the edge of my seat.

Scott himself ruined his own Alien universe with Prometheus. Blade Runner 2 won't even have him as director, just producer.

Great? Doesn't change the fact that he is a replicant in the first movie...

The Final Cut explicitly shows that he's a replicant. There's just no reason for it. It's a Shaymalan-level TWEEEEST

I know that, I'm just saying there's nothing stopping them from ruining it and making him human in the sequel.

Nice one.

I can't remember which version I've seen, but it was the one where Gaff leaves him that unicorn origami in the end to taunt him. Deckard had a dream of a unicorn earlier. So in this version, if he isn't a replicant, how did Gaff know about the dream? The only explanation that would make sense to me is that Deckard had implanted memories so that would make him a replicant.

Well I'm not going to bitch and moan about a movie that is like three to four years from even being released. You faggots keep thinking that sequels or reboots somehow destroy the first film.

replicant you nignog underage

wtf kind of idiot question....

>There's just no reason for it
I take it you didn't actually watch the film then?

there is a reason

you just missed it

must have gone over your head

The Berlin Wall has fallen, just saw it in the news.

Exactly. This was the whole (and only) point of the dream scene. Amazing how some people just ignore it. Mass retardation, I suppose.

Thankyou for noticing

also that crazy bitch killing his pet

thats the directors cut, dawg homie g

Which is the only way to watch the movie.

Are you me? This is exactly how I feel about Blade Runner. I like the idea of toying with Deckard being a replicant and him questioning what it means to be human but it should be more ambiguous and not "hurr in your face he's definitely a fucking replicant Durr" like the director cuts.

tru dat mah negrumps, word to ya motha

is it even important to the plot?

Maybe if you are twelve and don't really get what the movie is about, sure.

its about cool sets and costumes
UH DUH

the movie is about a coupe faggy robots complaining about how they're gonna die early despite being super human, when in reality time is relative. Some house flies live for 24 hours, and these super humans complain about 24 years?

Could be wrong but If I remember correctly they only live for 4 years.

>He is human in the book

Talk about 50 year old housewife. Who the fuck reads books but them?

>Who the fuck reads books
Not you apparently.

>Not reading the whole sentence

wew lad

idk it can't be that bad
>jared leto
oh, yep it's shit

>Who the fuck reads books but them
Is the whole sentence. Are you illiterate? My response doesn't change you dumb cunt.

The answer to everyone's problems in this thread: [spoilers]read the superior book.[/spoilers]

I haven't watched blade runner in years, which one is the best cut?

The Director's Cut. Theatrical cut was a mess that fucked up Scott's narrative of the film to make it more accessible to audiences. Don't even bother with it. It's trash.

you guessed wrong, retard.

>when in reality time is relative
yea
to us its relative to consciousness
but its not like they can alter their consciousness

uh hahaha youre the one whos retarded

He is a replicant in the movie
He is human in the book

Pretty simple stuff.

Stop being dumb. It doesn't matter. All that matters is that you ask that question.

>Ridley Scott movie with a Director's Cut available
Always a Director's Cut, preferably with a commentary track to listen to when you rewatch it afterwards.
Theatrical Cuts are usually his vision undermined by producers. Extended Editions are just Theatrical Cuts with deleted scenes he removed for a reason being shoved back in to sell more DVDs.
In Blade Runner's case, the Final Cut is the one you want.

>Extended Editions are just Theatrical Cuts with deleted scenes
I would say this is true of some, it was not true of LOTR. Those films were enhanced and improved by their extended editions.

In the book he is human. In the best version of the movie, he's human.

I think him being a replicant is stupid. We've had twists like that before and it didn't add the the film.

Kek. De nincs igaza. Csak magyar filmek hallnak meg nalunk.

>mintha a negyedik nem volt szar mar

Scott said that after he stated it was ambigious, and after the author and Ford said he was human.

Scott just changed his mind thought Deckard being a replicant would be "cooler" and made the final cut

The trick is to watch best version of movie and THEN read the book. I can't call either superior as they are so different.

Oh totally. LOTR EEs are definitive.
I was talking about Scott's catalogue.

>Decakard is human
Movie is about human realizing that replicants probably could achieve more than humans and experience stuff they can only dream off
And said human's job is disposing replicants.
What makes humans more humane than replicants?

>Deckard is replicant
LMAO HE WAS AN ANDROID ALL ALONG WHAT A TWEEESSSTTT

itt: 90% of anons don't fully understand the movie and discuss the two most obvious and reductive elements of a nuanced and (mostly) subtle work of art

yes, he's probably a replicant but it should have been a little more ambiguous. no, the various interpretations of this do not "ruin" the themes of the movie, they just usually make the hardliners drawing them look like fucking retards. also, every cut has its strengths and flaws, but obviously the theatrical is the worst. this is my favorite movie but you guys never seem to get beyond "muh cuts!" and "is he?" in every single fucking thread

i hate this board sometimes

>I hate this board
>we're discussing a movie
Leave.

Also, no one thinks you are smarter with your post. We've all see the threads about it discussing music, the shots, the quotes.

Your oversimplification isn't an actual argument.

I watched this for the first time last week, and I have 2 questions.

1) I don't understand where/why the theory of him being a replicant comes into it. I didn't see any signs. Please also keep in mind, I am dumb, and may have missed things. Please don't be mean.

2) The ending just showing him and his robot waifu getting into the elevator. So, what? He's just going on the run with her for whatever reason?

I am dumb. Please be nice.

>im too smart and cool for Sup Forums

So the sequel with him aged is being made and you still wanna cling to this shit?

Rewatch the movie knowing what their society considers accurate tests and measures for exposing hidden replicants.

Apply their standards to the main character and his reactions throughout the movie. You may start to wonder how accurate they are at finding replicants in the first place, or see patterns that Deckard could not be human at all.

me on the right

nigga you breakin it down yo!

too bad its all eyes on the corey

Replicants have inserted memories like that of a unicorn. Deckard keeps dreaming about unicorns. And these aren't even MLP unicorns.

The real test takes like 4 hours, they just shorten it for movie purposes, you cant apply it to Dekard.

He is a human with the personality of a replicant. That's what makes it so interesting.

The unicorn thing isnt an implanted memory its a shared conciousness machine that has to do with religion. It's supposed to be a machine that people have in their houses and connect to after the days work.

>they just shorten it for movie purposes, you cant apply it to Dekard
Yes you absolutely can...that's the point of the fucking movie. You apply their concepts to the various red flag scenes where it's designed to make you question if he's human, if you are picking up on that.

more like

its a dream that edward james olmo's character* has

*deckard is a replicant of the greatest blade runner ever

thats why EJO's character is always making paper unicorns

It's been a while since I've seen it so maybe your comments are more accurate.

trust me, its correct

You are too stupid "iamgheonlywhogetsthemlvie". Its worst when assholes don't even care about watching the four versions to get not even the idiot of Scott new what he wanted. Also, take your time and read the fucking book. Seriously, this is less worse than Cosmos by Zulawski but it can be a winner after Blade Runner 2.

Not him, but red flags like what? My memory on the test is a little hazy.

I want to fuck an android
youtube.com/watch?v=8Wsvc8ETEAU

Give me a bit to think of specific scenes. I don't quite remember off the top of my head to give you enough detail. The dreams Deckard has are the most obvious, but there are others.

i wonder what replicant butt smells like

Plastic

She was/is fucking crazy. Look her video when she wanted to be catwoman. Fucking cringe.

I think human makes for interesting themes. Replicant just seems unnecessary and forced.

Replishit

>The only way to recapture the feel is to play that cyberpunk bartending game
Or until they re-release it in theaters.

And it contains the voice-over that Ford did as badly as possible in the hope they would cut it ...

Replicants are the ideal human slaves.

You need to mask more of your posts.

me on the right

Gaff is a replicant

Can someone photoshop his face onto the one screenshot of that one scene on Hansen V Predator where the fat pedo creeps his head out of the bathroom door?

you think they banged in irl

she probably raped him at gunpoint

no hes the hooman and decker is a replican with gaff's memories

>Its worst when assholes don't even care about watching the four versions to get not even the idiot of Scott new what he wanted.
What?

>Seriously, this is less worse than Cosmos by Zulawski but it can be a winner after Blade Runner 2
What in the literal fuck are you trying to say? Jesus Christ