How did society get more racist? I remember the 90s and early 2000s being pretty good in terms of these things...

How did society get more racist? I remember the 90s and early 2000s being pretty good in terms of these things. You had great black comedians. Actors. Charachters. I dont really remember much white guilt or such. And overall race wasn't as big of an issue.

So. Did we become more racist OR did some people broaden the meaning of racism. Only caring for the race and skin color rather than the individual.

Whats your take. And will race relations ever fix or get worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y4bAULTwAJU
youtube.com/watch?v=bL7YBy_WukQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots
scribd.com/document/369539955/Melamed-Racial-Capitalism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It didn't. You just started noticing the racism more. Racism is like genitals: a human constant that's always funny.

You know the answer - we broadened what "racism" is.

Bullshit terms like "microaggression", etc. didn't exist and would have been laughed at.

Bandwagon-jumpers heated it up. Barack Obama certainly screwed the pooch leaving the taste in the mouth that he was only governing for minorities, and fuck white Americans - this is how Trump managed to pull off his come-from-behind win.

Blacks realised it was easier and more profitable to be victims of random acts of "racism". Blacks who didn't toe the line (Bill Cosby is an excellent example) were chucked into gulags on fake charges.

And now, we are here. It'll get worse before it gets better, guarantee it.

Stay out of the way, and load up on popcorn.

Maybe. Didn't really have buzz feed and zhit then

Also true. I mean its like any term that leftists use against people. Sexism. Racism.

Rape is the next biggest one. Make girls think everyone is a rapist and tell boys they can't like women without being sexual assaulters

i feel like it kinda got worse, especially with sexism. so many fucking SJW pushing their bullshit agenda pissed off a lot of people that wouldn't have been bothered in the first place. I never considered myself a racist or sexist but those fucking cucks piss me off so much it almost makes me want to be.

You must be blind. It's not any better or worse than it was. Go watch Bill Clinton speeches from the 90s and other politicians in that era, democrats and republicans both regularly called Hispanic immigrants "leeches". You just hear about "racism" more because the definition has been broadened almost unrecognizably, and race-based identity politics has brought this idiocy to the forefront of most national news outlets. In 2006 Obama, Clinton and Schumer didn't seem to care very much about Mexican immigrants, voting with republicans 80 to 19 to build a border fence. They only care now because it's convenient.

The Jews

And get ready for civil wars in anglospheric countries within the next half century
Whites are going to get progressively more pissed off as they start becoming a smaller percentage of the population

I don't get it. If you're having sex and shes not into it, it's rape. Seems pretty simple to me?

It didn't get more racist. With the internet, it's just easier to express it.

>So. Did we become more racist OR did some people broaden the meaning of racism. Only caring for the race and skin color rather than the individual.
>Whats your take. And will race relations ever fix or get worse?

beats me

Rape is forcing yourself onto a woman, not when a dumb bitch has sex with you and decides half way through or afterwards that she didn't really like it, and to avoid her friends calling her a slut she decides to just say she was raped. College girls do this regularly.
Fucking politicians in an attempt to further your career which later goes nowhere because he wasn't really going to help is also not rape, no matter how bad she feels about it now. Calling bullshit like this rape is insulting to women who have been actually raped. My mom was and she hates all of these Weinstein and Cosby accusers.

Or decides a week/a year/20 years later it was "rape".

We were force fed all this shit as kids, that we are all the same, media kept pushing the archetypal kind and oppressed black man remember the titans bs and whites felt the need to constantly apologize, teaching our children that we had some original sin based on our skin color, we were all the same but whites were guilty of everything.
Then these kids grow up and have to face the diversity their boomer parents dreamed of but never experienced. And they realize that people arent all the same, reality is not a we are the world video, and that unlike whites, nobody else was taught this hippie shit and everyone else looks out for themselves and their own.
Then you start to look at the world with new eyes. If whites are so evil and oppressive, like the schools and the media says, then why is everyone coming to our countries?
Why are we the ones feeding the world and trying to lift up nations full of people taught to hate us?
Why is it socially acceptable to hate us based on our skin color?
How come no other race of people has made any significant scientific or technological advances in the modern era?
Why was slavery and the holocaust drilled into our young minds so relentlessly as children?
Its starting to make a lot of people resentful. Maybe its just me, but i think a lot of white people are done apologizing. I was raised by white guilt liberals, and it totally backfired. Personally, im going to let my son live his life and not put the weight of the world on him at a young age. Im going to make sure his teachers do the same.

Racism is a word created by leon trotsky in 1927.

Identity politics is nothing new...it's the bread and butter of the communist/progressive movement. The reason it's so 'in your face' these days is that they've co-opted main stream media and academia as well as the bureaucratic state.

Good luck, son. You're witnessing a stealth revolution.

Bingo

This whole
>We live in a rape culture
Thing needs to fucking stop
Rape accusations ruins like
Even if the accused is proven innocent their life is changed forever because simply being accused of something like rape is enough to destroy your entire reputation and relationship with pretty much everyone

Yeah, it's almost like our culture finds rape repellent and unacceptable.

You know, the total opposite of a "rape culture".

kys fagget

Black people for the last couple years acting like it’s the 50s, as if they’re oppressed fighting & protesting for “freedom” when they already have it, if anything being black is put on a pedestal right now and they’re only actually bitching about stereotypical racism which every race goes through, and literally villainizing all white people is what I thinks doing it. I used to be a solid Leftist unfortunately and kind Of supported some of the black movements because there were some racial issues in concern that had a little logic behind it , now it’s all just whiny bullshit.

I hate the one that come out after 15- 20 year and claim rape. Like how long does it take before the becomes self responsible for not coming out soon and some of them have millions and strong carries but when the come the are like i was in fear

So if I have sex with a woman and it's just not very enjoyable, I can claim I was raped even though I consented?

Good to know.

But I can totally see how a man with more power can manipulate a woman to have sex with him, and I'm sure that happens all the time. It may not be your definition of rape but how would you like it if your continued employment depended on sucking your boss's cock?

Because now that there's no proof (pure he-said-she-said), and "innocent until proven guilty" is being wound back, even if the false accuser "loses", she wins (destroys target man).

Nope. Only works if you have a vagina.

You're in for a very eye-opening few years if you don't know this. There's a whole class of things that if they happen to a man, he's a "criminal", and if they happen to a woman, she's a "victim".

I know. I was just trying to point out a retarded point.

Imo if you're a man in power and you have sex with women of dubious intentions, you fucked up.

You better post sauce for that QT

All the social programs that have been created in the last 50 years are run as horribly as can possibly be done.

find a different job then. you are part of the problem you fucking fagget gtfo of here

>man of power

Why should that matter? In the same realm, couldn't you just say that it's possible that the woman is just trying to cash in on that "power" for wealth and/or exposure?

Niggers got uppity. Nobody likes uppity niggers. Thus, racism.

Requiring a person to perform sexual acts in exchange for employment is vastly different than sleeping with a guy in an attempt to manipulate him into furthering your career.
>Suck my dick or your fired
Sexual harassment, can be reported and dealt with easily
>Suck my dick and I'll help you get that reporter position at ESPN
Potentially sexual harassment if you report it, but if she then goes on to have consensual sex with this guy and he doesn't keep his end of the deal, it doesn't magically become rape. He might be a scumbag, but he's not a rapist.

Of course. There's a reason people like Putin don't go around fucking bitches even though they totally could. Because it's a risk.

Obama

Oh, OK user.

Just have met "people" (more like rocks) that genuinely don't know/understand this.

Carry on.

Shut up you stupid Nigger.

Nope, you have a dick (I assume) therefore are a born predator

It used to be much simpler. If you were forced to have sex it was rape. If you didn't have a choice, it was rape.

Nowadays, even if you consent it's still rape as long as you just regret it afterwards or claim that you didn't really want to but you did it anyway.

You can have a bad date with someone, with a "meh" sexual encounter and all of a sudden it's harassment.

youtube.com/watch?v=y4bAULTwAJU

You guys probably have seen this already, but this sums up a lot of my opinions pretty well.

I think the whose Weinstein thing is more about scumbaggery than about rape. He didn't stick his dick in anyone, he made them watch him jerk off. The media says rape but obviously it's a different type of thing and shitty in its own way.

Society treats rape and harassment as if they're the exact same thing nowadays.

>>>CULTURAL APPROPRIATION

The fuck does this really even insinuate?
Can you imagine if Eminem tried to start his career today?
Kids can't even dress up as pilgrims and Indians in elementary school for thanksgiving any longer because it's "oppressive" and might offend someone.

This

They can't dress as Disney Princes/Princesses anymore either for the same reasons.

People haven't got a clue that there's a different between "mocking" and "appreciating" and simply wearing clothing of another culture is not inherently insensitive for ANY real reason other than just to get offended for other people.

I propose that Weinstein fucked these chicks because they wanted roles and he could hook them up.

Morally reprehensible, yes. But the women were willing at the time, and only when they could make more by throwing him under the bus, were they "raped".

They also treat the two words as if they're interchangeable. Rape is rape and harassment is harassment. They are two incredibly different things and to make the leap and classify them as the same things just to fit whichever is more convenient for you is retarded.

What happens if you report it and nobody cares? Or if there's nobody to report it to? Or if by reporting it you risk being blacklisted from your industry? Reminds me of that guy who got stuck in an elevator for days and then sued his company, won, only to get fired and be unemployable.

So which is the one that's allright? Should rape be acceptable or should harassment be acceptable?

It's just gonna get worse as long as niggers and rednecks keep getting paid to breed more hateful bastards.

Rape is having sex without a "yes"
It's really not that hard. I live in the leftiest of lefty colleges and people have a fuck ton of sex and there's no bullshit "omg he looked at me without my consent he RAPED ME"
This does not exist, and in places where it does exist, it's not taken seriously by anyone. Any kind of articles you see where someone tries to expand the definition of rape to mean something other than "sexual acts without consent" are either A. trolling or B. someone who is seriously mentally ill, and then is not taken seriously by literally anyone except people on the right who hold it up and say "LOOK!!!!11 FEMINAZIS ARE CRAZYY!!!1"
Think critically, folks. Get your information on one side by listening to that one side, not by listening to your side talk about the other side

I don't think he meant either are acceptable, just that they are not the same thing and should not have the same legal penalties.

It's Weinstein's fault tho because he gave them ammunition to use against him. Thinking with his dick not with his brain.

Duke University Lacrosse team.
Mattress girl.
That fucking fraternity house thing.

Shut up and pay attention before speaking, retard.

You might have missed this, but for years every Summer gangs of black kids would outright riot over perceived wrongs in some of America’s largest cities, with the media and most gallingly the President egging them on, with funding support from ”post racial” NGOs and HUD. They would destroy whole neighborhoods and deprive the entire city of police and emergency services for days on end. After all this destruction, every authority in media, government and academia would make a statement to the effect of ”it’s whitey’s fault”. Challenging this in even the most minor ways would result in endless harrassment and professional penalties.

And whoa, people got sick of it.

The internet replaced normal social interaction for many.

The result is that fringe shit (both left and right) spread more easily, and also that those who had never known a normal social life imprinted on the internet for their idea of "normal".

The result is the current state of 2018.

That's where the slippery slope starts user - assuming that the men are solely responsible, and the women have no responsibility/agency.

Call these women what they are: whores. And proceed as such.

>being this dense

user are you being fucking real right now? Nobody is implying that one is acceptable and the other is not. Stop being stubborn.

It's like saying that because shooting someone during a robbery is worse than just robbing them that suddenly the just robbing part is acceptable.

You know exactly what I meant.

But they don't? Weinstein wasn't arrested was he?

I live at UC Riverside. We had a case a couple quarters ago where a girl felt she was sexually violated because she peaked into a parked car and saw a man having phone sex with his girlfriend in the middle of the night.

You are incredibly talented at just looking at things at face value.

Was for

I wasn't talking about Weinstein, just addressing your dumb suggestion that either is acceptable.

You're right. But you also know what I mean. I don't think anyone who knows what they are talking about is saying that the Weinstein thing and rape are the same though. But they are both bad and each deserves its own kind of punishment.

As an Asian, I'm highly offended that white people give my people an opportunity at economic stability by ordering shitty, watered, down versions of Asian food.

Yeah, I know exactly what you meant and what you meant was dumb as shit to pull out of what I said.

youtube.com/watch?v=bL7YBy_WukQ

Not sure how this makes any sense.

100% this.

So long as there's money and power in division by races, sexes, classes, body shapes, etc. there will be no peace in society.

Then don't take our orders. BUILD A WALL even.

Schools and media do not teach that whites are evil and oppressive. I live in a lefty state and I'm going to an extremely liberal college.

People come to our countries for an opportunity to earn better wages. In return, they get treated like shit. This isn't because we as whites are evil, it's because our system is.

What do you mean we're feeding the world? Our economic policy is such that we keep poorer countries in line with an iron fist, and any diversion from that is punished swiftly and brutally. Look at the CIA overthrowing the democratically elected Shah of Iran and plunging the region into chaos to get better oil prices. Look at the persecution, overthrow, and prosecution of Panamanian president/thug Noriega for things he did on the orders of the CIA. Look at the US's foreign policy of any South American country that refuses to produce what we want them to produce. It's neo-Imperialism that uses the economy instead of troops to enforce domination.

Nobody thinks it's socially acceptable to hate based on skin color. Nobody I've met has ever even implied anything like that. Think about whether you're getting that information from real life experiences of from media.

The fuck do you mean no other race has made progress? Arabs literally invented modern mathematics and our numerical system. While we were having a thousand-year-food fight during the Dark Ages, they were progressing their society despite living in a desert shithole. Chinese made an incredible amount of progress technologically and continue to today.
Slavery and the Holocaust were drilled into our heads because those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Nobody is apologizing for being white. Nobody. I fucking love being a white, blue-eyed American. Just think about where you're getting your information.

Please explain what is behind face value.

I'm sick of getting called racist for even just the smallest disagreement with leftist faggots.

So basically thanks to attempts by antifa and sjw to silence my freedom of speech, I now don't mind being called racist and express my opinion freely.

The more you call me racist, the more you have lost.

>1900s Racism: "I think black people aren't actually human beings."
>1930s Racism: "I think black people are a burden and we'd be better off without them."
>1950s Racism: "I think black people are too fundamentally different and should keep away from white people."
>1970s Racism: "I think black people are too fundamentally different."
>1990s Racism: "I think black people are too obnoxious in movie theaters."
>2010s Racism: "I think black people should be treated equally and held to the same standards as white people."

As a white person, I'm offended that you asian people would portray white people as short fat Italian plumbers that are always chasing women with a victim complex for our own entertainment.

As a white person, I'm offended by you being offended about a simple video game.

C'mon, we're better than the victim classes. We created EVERYTHING out of NOTHING.

All they can do is destroy what we build.

>shit was more relaxed in the 90's
nigga u stupid?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots

young niggers are ignorant. and im not even from the states.

Whole lotta this

Im trolled you and you got mad. You lose.

You never heard the story where she was into it that night, felt guilty about it the next morning, told her friend who then convinced her he raped her, went to court, and now that guy is a registered sex offender?
True story. Spawned a lot of this shit.

Protip: don't stick your dick in crazy.

this, never had a problem with women until recently

damn mudlsimes and (((them))) couldn't leave our shit alone. 9/11 changed everything

Which one, user? There are THOUSANDS of this story.

>schools do not teach that whites are oppressive
Yes, they do. Here's a reading for a class I'm being forced to take this quarter.

scribd.com/document/369539955/Melamed-Racial-Capitalism

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make by these examples. Nobody's trying to argue that false accusations of rape do not happen. Nobody is trying to argue that false accusations shouldn't be taken just as seriously as an actual rapes. (I think they should be prosecuted more harshly IMO)

There's no need to insult anyone, I don't think you're making your point any clearer by doing that.

That's actually really funny. I'd be shook if I walked in on a guy wacking it in the car but nobody at my college would take something like that seriously if she was trying to press charges or carry on as if it was a big deal.

>was joking
Well I'm offended that you're offended that I'm offended that Asians are offended that our cultures can peacefully coexist and be beneficial for all.

THIS

>Any kind of articles you see where someone tries to expand the definition of rape to mean something other than "sexual acts without consent" are either A. trolling or B. someone who is seriously mentally ill

>backpedal
At least it had the desired effect.

Did you forget the fucking Rodney king riots and constant black empowerment flicks they kept making?!

>was pretty sure user, we cool?
I'm offended that you're offended that I'm offended that Asians are offended!

Why do you think this is someone trying to say that whites are oppressive? This is a criticism of the concentration of wealth among the elites of a capitalist society. This is a critique of a system that hurts whites as well as blacks and shouldn't be given as an example of teaching that whites are evil.

Or maybe I don't know, that other poster called me a retard so maybe my opinion doesn't really matter.

This is like a modern dating hazard. For women, it's having photos or videos of you circulated online. For men, it's having accusations of rape levied against you. So do your homework, don't be a slut, dress modestly, don't fuck dubious women, don't do dumb shit like masturbate at someone who is going to tattle on you, etc.

I agree it's ridiculous, most of us didnt take it seriously, but a lot of the women's studies majors were outraged that he subjected her to "sexual violence".
It's interesting how each major' s student bodies react so radically different to these things.

The internet happened and all of a sudden everyone realised you can stand on a soapbox and have your opinion broadcast to whoever will listen. So we ended up in a situation where people took their personal "offended" moments and called it racist, then everyone else with a victim complex jumped onto it and now just about anything is racist to someone's definition of the word.

Most somewhat sane people realise that as long as you're not as asshole to someone because of their race, use racial slurs as a means of offending them or try to suppress groups based on ethnicity then congrats you're not racist.

Shit, you actually have a great point... I don't remember the early 90's, I'm kinda young for that, but
looking back everyone seemed to be pretty chill. Society gets really pissy at just about anything even if there's not really anything happening.

Also, I usually see a lot of people getting offended in the name of others not really knowing (nor caring)
if those others give a shit.

I think racism at a certain level was always there and will always be, I just don't get why everybody started getting so oversensitive all of a sudden like it's the new trend or something

I don't understand. Where am I backpedaling?

I'm just offended that I'm not the one offending asians

Yeah, but once the truth came out as to what Rodney King did, support fell away. And look at the people involved. You didn't have the fucking POTUS going on about what a wonderful person Rodney King was.

But I will admit, your example does have merit in that it may have been one of the seeds indicating where the horrible, disfigured giant tree we're facing now came from.

Thanks for the food for thought, user.