It's your special coin but it's not but it is but it isn't

>It's your special coin but it's not but it is but it isn't

Quality writing.

wat

it's your special coin but it's not
but it is
but it isn't

cuz no nonstop explosions or sex scenes or car chases.

>pleb self identified

Why was he such an asshole to the guy behind the counter?

Why did he even flip the coin with the guy? Why didn't he just politely pay for his gas and be on his way?

>don't put it in your pocket, it will get mixed in with all the others and become just another coin
>which it is
I think it was a reference to how the gas station operator had lived his entire life: every day the same as the one before it. Until Anton showed up and nearly killed him (unbeknownst to the gas station operator). Anton was encouraging him to take his life in a more bold direction because of this day and how nearly he was to death, but he knew the man wouldn't realize it and that day would become just like the others.

he just seemed to rub him the wrong way with the incessant questioning.

>become a mass murdering psychopath like me dood hahahah

Why do people like to pretend that Anton is anything other than some huge edgelord that thinks he better than everyone else because he lacks empathy to the point he can kill people?

He's not just good at killing people, he can hunt down specific targets, profit from the crime and get away with it too.
Takes enormous amounts of skill and street smarts.

I'm sure that man lived a very happy, content and safe life. We all don't need to live in some bold directions

Not for him to become a murderer. Just do something more than run a gas station that he inherited from his wife's family. Anton was disgusted by it. He wanted the guy to make something for himself.

I'm not saying I agree with him, but that is Anton's opinion. And he is of course a sociopath.

If you're content in the knowledge that your purpose is to sell people chewing gum and air fresheners then more power to you

because they're huge edgelords that think they're better etc

what's your higher calling user? to awaken the sheeple through your super edgy animu forum ?

aspie.

Only half-kidding, actually. The guy was making very typical small-talk for a nice, rural Texan to make (about the weather), and Anton just doesn't operate on that frequency.

the guy noticed the car (which was stolen), an offhand comment about how things we like in the county listed on the license plate that, Anton was driving and decided he might eventually be a liability, but not a one big enough to risk killing for certain so he left it to chance.

it also implied Anton would have killed his wife in their house out back (he asked about how many people were living with him or something like that), too, if the coin flip ended badly for the guy,

It's to avoid being a NEET who thinks "why try harder?" and then tries to ridicule those who want to improve themselves

>Said user as he continued to post on Sup Forums for three hours

that's very condescending to those people who jobs like that. people want different things out of life and have different standards for happiness, plus you have no idea about the path and circumstances that led them to that job. why look down upon them?

Seems like the gas attendant is doing more with his life than you. Anton would skip right past the coin flip and put his captive bolt pistol to your skull

How can anyone be intimidated by this punk bad haircut moron? I would have leapt over the counter and destroyed him body and soul.

Not that user, but if you think Anton is some life-affirming Carpe Diem motivational and inspirational force, than that's a hilarious misreading of his character desu

Anton becomes visibly angry when the gas station owner tells him he married into the family business of the gas station, as anton doesn't like the idea of any kind of destiny or determinism. So he decides to forcibly inject randomness into the guys life with a coin toss, thereby being satisfied no matter what side comes up, that this guys life isn't going against his own ideas of how the world is.

The coin is lucky for the station owner, but it is a coin like any other because of(in antons view) the meaninglessness of a random uncaring universe.

To attempt to cast aspersions on someone for wanting to achieve is equally as condescending

sure you would have, internet tough guy

Get a load of this wimp.

don't temp me, trust me.

Hmm...

Was Carson's sole purpose to explain Anton to the audience?

Is 1. or 10. the worst on that list?

one

Anton has to be an idiot because he's a sociopath, right?

You know, there were sociopaths who were a lot smarter than average people.

What was the plot twist in No Country for Old Men?

"main" charac dies desu

Generally, psychos and sociopaths have great observational skills and keen instincts and are very good at deceiving people and finding weaknesses. So, even if they're not some Hannibal-esque super-psychos, they're smarter then the average guy when it comes to human interaction from the get-go.

There was only one old man

this is something you heard on Investigation Discovery

If you thought Moss was the protagonist, I guess it was a twist for him to die offscreen, way before the end and without Anton's involvement.

>every psychology book i've ever read
>documentary, show and movie i've ever seen
I mean, sure, there might be some huge conspiracy designed to ruse me into it, but literally everywhere i look it says that.

This is bullshit. In reality, poor impulse control doesn't turn you into a genius. More likely you do poorly in school, get into fights for no real reason, can't hold a job down, turn to petty crime to fund your drug/alcohol problems, drift in and out of jail, and generally live a short and miserable life.

>>every psychology book i've ever read
You've had 0 (zero) in the last couple decades, in that case. Every dumbass sensationalist murder serial in the world talks about how "smart" these people are because only the most exceptional 1% among them can even function within society. The rest end up institutionalize or under the supervised care of direct support professionals who get paid minimum wage to deal with their violent, asocial bullshit.

He was also there to provide a contrast for Tommy Lee Jones' character. It's implied that he had worked a similar case/seen "someone" like Anton before, when he was a younger, more ambitious lawman. He knew he had "escaped the wrath", for lack of better words, once before, and he didn't want a part of this one. Carson doesn't make it, obviously, and the message is that he thought he could take it on. Which is part of the significance of Tommy Lee Jones' conversation with his brother.

Ten bucks says

&
Is the same doofus.

Nope, now pay up. I'm the dude discussing psychos.

No.

Ok.

I think, to varying degrees, nut jobs who are not as widely smarter than others are wholly meticulously from a certain point of view--whereas the average smarter person may be oblivious to the point the nut job sees clearly and knows intricately. Let's say there's five points of Brilliancy, with three of those points settled above the riff raff whereas there's two that's harder to see and even more harder to be able to understand, but for a nut job, maybe these two points that's not as obvious to others in-especially smarter people, is all too obvious to a nut job. Maybe it's not unlike having an affinity for chubbier women that black people has. I'm black, so a chubbier woman is more appealing to me, for reasons I can't fathom, than say, a scrawnier chick. Maybe it's Island life and the sea breezers thereof whereas for a city dweller it's mystical, and enchanted but for me, it's an Island in the sun and is as much a part of me as I am a part of it so it's in no way mystical.

That can't possibly be a plot twist.

Ah, that makes sense. Ty user

This is one of the best scenes of all time.

Not even the best scene in the movie

He didn't like the guy, if it was up to him, he would have killed him. But coin decided otherwise.

pleb

I bet you think Llewellyn was the main character

How do people like Anton start doing that kind of thing for a living? I know he's a fictional character, but it seems like a field that's difficult to break into. Even IRL the Iceman worked for a specific guy and only killed people when ordered; AFAIK I know he didn't do the research himself. He was basically just a lethal (long distance) bodyguard.

He represents chaos. The characters in this movie aren't real characters. They are figure. It's a very political movie. It reminds me the Leone movies who were also very marxist.

You guys are all missing the point of this scene
Chigurh didn't have enough money for his snack, all he had was a quarter
So he tricked the cashier guy into letting him have it for less than he owed him.

The fact that it went over the cashier's head AND all of your heads is pure pottery.