Is there a more influential country in the history of the world?

Is there a more influential country in the history of the world?

>created the largest empire that has ever existed in human history
>the origin of the modern lingua franca, the language of the internet
>the origin of the industrial revolution
>created america, which is now the most powerful country on earth
>if you don't believe brits created america, tell me why they speak english
>oh yeah that's because they came from britain
>created other anglosphere nations like canada, australia, new zealand
>these anglo countries are among the most prosperous on earth
>in fact, the anglosphere has a higher average gdp, and human development index, than any other european sphere of influence (francophone, lusophone, hispanophone countries, etc.)
>invented the television, telephone, and world wide web
>created the world's most important physicist (isaac newton)
>has had the world's most important authors (william shakespeare, charles dickens)
>gave the world the most important scientific development of the last few hundred years (the theory of evolution)
>gave the world the most important philosophers and economists of modern times (david hume, john locke, j.s. mill, jeremy bentham, adam smith, bertrand russell, a.j. ayer)
>without john locke, the american constitution WOULD NOT EXIST

No country on Earth has ever had the global reach and influence of Britain.

The only two rivals would be the Roman Empire and America - both worthy candidates. But the Roman Empire never conquered the whole world. It was just regional. And America, sure it's very influential and it's the world's biggest power right now, but it never had the world's biggest empire did it? No. It's just a spin-off state from the British Empire: the largest empire to have ever existed. America has never directly ruled over vast swathes of the world, on every continent, like the British did, leaving our language and culture behind. This is why I think Britain is the most influential country in history.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2010/08/1-in-200-men-direct-descendants-of-genghis-khan/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nope.

>The only two rivals would be the Roman Empire and America
I am glad you acknowledge us as your equal

Ah yes, the good old """"""Holy"""""" """"""Roman"""""" """"""Empire""""""

the Holy Roman Empire was neither holy nor Roman

uhm sorry honey the fr*nch created us and the spanish. the brits dindu shit. stay assmad and not relevant!!! get 1776'd BITCH.

Why would you ridicule our Empire, my fellow Roman?

WE

>Is there a more influential country in the history of the world?

Iraqis and persians dont seem to think so

Greece, Rome or China

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

don't listen to their jealousy. he's probably from some shitty place like tunisia or libya or something anyway.

>China
lol, nope.

can you take a walk on a bridge without fearing for your life?

>But the Roman Empire never conquered the whole world.
Neither did Britain. It couldn't even conquer Europe, and France and Germany remained potential threads to Britain during its whole existance. This shows us very well the limits of British Empire

>America has never directly ruled over vast swathes of the world
Neither did Britain. It had some deals with local rulers, making them fight each other.
The big benefit of America over Britain is that USA managed to become the undisputed military superpower, while British Empire never managed to do that.

So yes, while British Empire was good indeed, I wouldn't put them over the Roman Empire, USA or China, for that matter

Ethiopia is unironically more influential since that's where homo sapiens sapiens originated. You might be the cradle of industry but that's the cradle of humanity.

>our
git rekt scrub

jawohl mein Kaiser

>France

>Lombard
So you mean one group of Germanic people fighting another?

* The only two rival would be the Mongolian Empire
Also most of their opponents were competent armies capable of fighting back and not tribals that got killed off by a handkerchief.

I'd have to say Greece and Rome are more influential, after all they're the birthplace of western civilization. Those 2 basically set up the foundation for European culture

Lmao at UK today, how far have the mighty fallen. Do you guys even have a carrier?

not an argument

China's influence is felt through a huge part of Asia. There's also the silk road and gunpowder. Brits could never make a lasting impact on the continent like Germany or France had, they had to resort to building shitty leftover colonies and rape africa, your biggest achievemment wasn't USA because they did jack shit for you, but India tbqh

Not an argument

>
>
>

Anyway the HRE might have been important to Europe for a few centuries, but it cannot compare to the influence left by the Roman Empire or the British Empire.

Nor an empire

Oh yes of course, by the good old Georges Ouisinteun, Benjamin Franclín, and Tomas J'Efferseuns, right?

The Mongol Empire was large, but was it as influential on the state of the world as it is today? As influential as the Roman Empire and British Empire have been? I would say no.

>The Mongol Empire was large, but was it as influential on the state of the world as it is today?
blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2010/08/1-in-200-men-direct-descendants-of-genghis-khan/

>Oh yes of course, by the good old Georges Ouisinteun, Benjamin Franclín, and Tomas J'Efferseuns, right?

thanks for showing me what a fake friend look like.

>The Mongol Empire was large, but was it as influential on the state of the world as it is today? As influential as the Roman Empire and British Empire have been? I would say no.

Well I'd say that Mongols were the prime reason why muslim world is as fucked up as they are with the sack of Baghdad and all that. Not a positive influence tho, but influential nevertheless.

>but Roman Empire cannot compare to the influence left by the Roman Empire
Maybe its my bad English, but I don't really understand what you mean with that sentance, friend

Genetically, but that's all

What are those purple things that the crowns are on? Pillows?

Rome, Greece, France (you know, the ones who conquered England and basically created English culture) and those fucks down in Mesopotamia 4000 years ago were way more influential
Ffs, modern English is practically a French dialect

If it wasn't for Britain there would be no English, no America, no Industrial Revolution, no theory of evolution, no televisions, no telephones, no world wide web.

Australia would still be ruled by abbos. New Zealand by Maoris. Canada by the French (yuck).

The dominant languages and cultures would be French and Spanish most likely, since they are the second most expansive colonial empires.

Also Greece and Rome aren't exclusive in being "birthplaces of civilisation" - Greece and Rome wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for Assyria. Assyria is the REAL birthplace of civilisation. They are the first people to have written things down, to have insanely complex and beautiful sculptures, to have a complex system of government. They are the first truly advanced civilisation.

Mongol rape crippled the Islamic world and allowed the Turks and (Western) Europeans to move forward with hindrance for a long time.

>They are the first people to have written things down,
doubt.jpg

Mate we are your friend, just don't say that you were created by the fucking French - you'd be speaking French if you were.

The HRE isn't the Roman Empire you fucking cunt

>They are the first people to have written things down,
>doubt.jpg
You're right I'm probably wrong, there probably are earlier people, and perhaps there are earlier civilisations, but Assyria is the first truly advanced civilisation that I personally know about. My point is that Greece/Rome are overhyped, there are earlier examples.

ok. we were created by the english. now england is best friend.

>Australia would still be ruled by abbos. New Zealand by Maoris. Canada by the French (yuck).
NZ is irrelevant, Aussies are less irrelevant, Canada is severely outshadowed by the USA

the UK has great achievements, but I wouldn't call it "the most influential country in the world" It's high there though

You can't really compare Empires from that long ago with an Empire just centuries old. The further time goes on, the more important things become naturally due to more time for follow-on effects to occur. So saying that Greco-Roman civilisation was more important because it laid the foundation for Western civilisation and later the British Empire can be countered by saying that Greco-Roman civilisation was merely a product of earlier civilisations in the Middle East, and so on. So really is the only correct answer.

France always been more influential than little island britannia
:^)

All these pro-colonial britposts are starting to come off like how a bullied and excluded child rationalises away the fact that everyone hates them, shielding themselves from criticism with a wholly synthetic and fragile sense of superiority that only grows stronger every time they are humiliated.

After all, when so many cultures from all over the world defeat you, drive you from their shores, relinquish entirely your empire in a matter of decades, leaving you the faintest shadow of your former self, all stating in the boldest terms that you are a blight on everything you have touched, what else is there to do but call them 'idiots' and 'savages', just like a bullied child who, unable to defend themselves, will seek to prop up their constantly assailed ego by turning their every defeat into just more evidence of the stupidity of their persecutors. Nevermind that if they had the strength to win the fights and maintain their dignity conventionally, they would not view themselves as an idiot or a savage, because that situation does not call for contorted logic.

Of course Britain. People hated you, killed your soldiers, and drove you away because you brought them civilisation, because you were too good for them, because they just weren't worthy of you. In much the same way, a child with no friends lacks them because they are 'too smart' for their peers, because the other children are 'stupid', because they just turn on them for no reason.

But not because of you. Never because of you.

tldr 2bh

>You're right I'm probably wrong, there probably are earlier people

>"If the rise of civilization is taken to coincide with the development of writing out of proto-writing, the Near Eastern Chalcolithic, the transitional period between the Neolithic and the Bronze Age during the 4th millennium BC, and the development of proto-writing in Harappa in the Indus Valley of South Asia around 3300 BC are the earliest incidences, followed by Chinese proto-writing evolving into the oracle bone script, and again by the emergence of Mesoamerican writing systems from about 2000 BC."

But that being said, writing is a bad way to judge a civilization. The Incans never had a writing system but they still made wonders regardless.

>what I personally know about. My point is that Greece/Rome are overhyped, there are earlier examples.
Modern Western culture is based of the Greeks/Romans. The golden age of Western Europe happened after rediscovering their texts in the Age of Enlightenment (iirc) and changing our culture from a mostly archaic middle east tier one into something civilized.

British empire did do a lot of messed up shit and is a major reason why the Middle East is such a shithole(British mandate and restricting oil). They had a big negative influence
>inb4 edgy replies about how those crimes are okay because most of the victims were "shitskins"
>inb4 t. Muhammad, t. Pajeet

while this might be certanly true, I find it a bit unfair how much the Brits get bullied here.
Any other country would have done the same or worse in their position

maybe it was at one point. counting anglosphere as some nationalistic or cultural "influence" is pretty forced and wuz tho.

those young bongs reading daily fail expreshit every single day seem to unironically believe that those bullshit is their proud achievement. they are more insular than we'd imagine, it seems.

>counting anglosphere as some nationalistic or cultural "influence" is pretty forced and wuz tho
How? The Anglosphere literally wouldn't exist in any form without the British. It is the very definition of "cultural influence".

brits btfo

lmaoing at the germans being the most butthurt, losers who couldn't even form an empire

w-we had 3 empires you perfidious albion

in other words, is that really a cultural "achievement"? its merely a result of their colonialism and expansionism.

Exactly. It is perhaps too long for your mind to comprehend because you have entered a defensive stance in which, even when your biggest flaws are directly being pointed out, you refuse to acknowledge them. But deep down in your heart, you know its true.

so this is the power of Teutonic autism

Impressive

absolutely ravaged

>The golden age of Western Europe happened after rediscovering their texts in the Age of Enlightenment (iirc) and changing our culture from a mostly archaic middle east tier one into something civilized.

>Muh archaic and back water medievam Dark ages
>Confusing renaissance and enlightment
>Roman law is the only system that exists in Europe
Jesus. The Helleno-roman culture was ONE influence on European society. You cunts made it sound like all our governments are based on them.

Maybe, but either way it was extremely important.

anglos are cancer