How do I get over the fear of death?

How do I get over the fear of death?

Kill yourself

Damn you beat me to it

Kill yourself

tried Buddhism (or Zen)?

Kill yourself

Kill yourself

a quote that always stuck with me was something along the lines of "I do not fear death for i do not cling to life" or some shit. We die when we die. Stop trying to live forever faggot.

Why would you even want that in the first place?
>animooted but not related

GTFO of this thread if you are gonna post "Kill yourself"

Commit Suicide

Fuck you go kill yourself

STFU faggot!

I’m not a faggot you are the faggot

NO U KYS!!!

NO U!

accept the void
or this, which is basically the same

The only thing that makes facing the void more tolerable in my experience is deep study. Read books.

dont worry, once your dead you dont fear it anymore, only the living fear death because the living fear everything that is an unknown,

Don't plan on dieing. In a few years there will be meds to extend your life by 50 years. And in 50 years there will be meds to extend your life 100 years. And in 100 years.............

the time comes when it comes

i'm torn between hanging now and gun a bit later myself

death is a build in feature of this dimension.

you will not know when it will happen but it certainly will.

friends, death is certain and cannot be escaped.

To end all suffereing and achieve deathlessness I would invite you to read the Dhamma our lord buddha has made available for it.

Contemplate the time before your birth and the fact that you'll never meet death. The fact that your conciousness ends at the moment of death means that your existence is isolated from death. You never encounter it. Your life is the only thing that exists from your subjective vantage point. Don't sweat it, dude.

By understanding that death is an inevitability for everything. Don't fight it. Just enjoy what you have. Life isn't measured by the length of time you have. But with the quality of time you have. I know it sounds corny. But I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a month ago. I'm not gonna see 2019. I'm 38yrs old. And I regret absolutely nothing. I'm gonna ride this remaining time for all it's worth. Soon as my income taxes come in, I'm going out in a blaze of cocaine and hookers, and I'm gonna die with a smile.

what about AP, NDE, OBE and stuff? ever seen a spiritual dream or vision? I have.. i don't think the soul is synonymous to the brain

Be so horribly depressed that death sounds like freedom

When you die it’s either, your not gonna remember you even lived and your just gonna go back to the state you were in before you were born which isn’t too bad tbh, or what I personally believe is gonna happen, is you just replace an infinite amount of yourself in other universes.

>die

get raped and you will feel death. it's not bad

friend, I am sorry to read of your situation but I would like to invite you to use your time wisely and instead of going after sense plessures to meditate on your situation and become extremly content with the way things are.

Then you don't die. You just go somewhere else.

But those experiences you're talking about happened while your brain is still active. We know that there appears to be a strong correlation between brain activity and conscious states. Chemicals alter it, damage restricts it, etc... I think it's a pretty safe assumption that they're synonymous. What happens when you're under general anesthetic? Does it hit pause on your soul? There are lots of unanswered questions that go with the soul assumption, and no evidence for its existence. The soul is an unnecessary assumption and there's no reason to believe it exists.

There's this one NDE, called Pam Reynolds case, where the woman was brain-dead with no brain activity while having her NDE. It's an interesting case, and well researched. Not nearly all NDEs involve brain activity most likely.

Meh, subjective reports like that hardly constitute decent evidence. A brain on the verge of death likely has some atypical activity going on. Do you give much credence to UFO abduction stories, or supposed visions involving specific details from incompatible religions?

>Do you give much credence to UFO abduction stories, or supposed visions involving specific details from incompatible religions?
Phoenix Lights is interesting..

As much as I'd say mass hysteria or some other phenomenon is more likely than an actual UFO, I'd still say those stories are more respectable than a purely subjective report from one individual, which is what I'm trying to get at with NDE. I was talking about UFO abduction stories with only one person's subjective report as evidence as a point of comparison.

I'd put the collected findings of neuroscience and the extremely strong correlation between brain activity and conscious states ahead of any spooky stories, I'm afraid.

But anyway, this is all besides the point. If consciousness survives death, then I don't think death is the thing OP is scared of. That's not really death, just a transformation of some sort. My response was about the fear surrounding non-existence, which I think is likely what awaits us and is therefore something we should come to terms with.

You sound a lil thick tbh, no offense, sir. I mean, can't you just fucking pick up a book on magick and practice from it if you are somehow sincerely uncertain about the existence of this otherworldly stuff? Spirituality is real in case you didn't know already.

Probably by dying, no worries, it'll happen sooner or later.

it is one of the very few things everyone will get to experience

Accepting it

you wont,unless you are dead.
To die is not the problem,its to go on living and to
face reality. I don`t think you are afraid of death at
all. I`ts life you are scared of. You take care of that,
and death will no longer feel like a problem to you.

what a bunch of funny memesters hahahah xD funny stuff guys well done, you have my thumbs up and liked XD

death is inevitable. get over it enjoy being alive. fuck bitches. do drugs.

Fuck off, focus on your own shit and let user go out the way he sees fit.
I wish you the best, pancreas-user. I've read that ecstacy can be very effective in taking the edge off of difficult situations such as your own. Of course, having people nearby that you love and can trust is way more important. I'll imagine a happy afterlife for you.

Like smoking cigarettes to lose weight, this isn't the best advice, but it sure works.

well take the gun to the gallows with you. just in case

keep us updated. its only fair

Dude how can you fear death?
If you're dead you can't realize it, if you're alive you're not dead. Really, it isn't scary at all... The real thing to fear is the death of your beloved ones.

sauce?

that's been my plan all along, i wanna make sure

Fear living life incorrectly even more.

do a barrel roll