Why is DC capeshit franchise labeled as DC Extended Universe? What the fuck would it extend? It's just some movies

Why is DC capeshit franchise labeled as DC Extended Universe? What the fuck would it extend? It's just some movies...
Marvel on the contrary has movies, tv shows, MCU-tied-in comics, short movies... THAT's a properly Extended universe.

I suppose Extended goes to the formula of the movie, you know... not doing the same movie again and again and again and...

uhn?

they have no idea what they're doing

just put "universe" in there because marvel did it

Multiverse

They like to release unfinished turds in theaters and then release extended editions of the movie on DVD.

Hence, DC Extended Universe.

This is the kind of mental stretch i expect from your kind. You and your marvel schlock remain predictable as ever

BvS was the most predictable garbage I've ever seen

I can only assume it's because Batman and Superman have been churned out a million fucking times now and they're finally trying to actually use the ridiculously huge amount of characters at their disposal.

I'll explain.

DC works on the multiverse system.

The movies are an extension of the fictional multiverse that contains the TV shows and the comics.

Marvel tries to make it all one universe. It's harder work and it depends on having started way before as well, the world is built, they just put more characters in it.

DC can't do that. They have to build up more. So what they do is allow each branch it's own direction with the understanding that it is all happening, they are all the real versions and they could meet and interact still. That's why it's extended and not common.

/thread

fpbp

>The movies are an extension of the fictional multiverse that contains the TV shows and the comics.
this is really some stupid explana--
>can't differentiate between its and it's
ah sorry didn't notice you were mentally challenged

More like DLC Extended Universe.

suicide squad was literally a rip off of guardians of the galaxy

Nolan pulled some contract magic that blocked WB/DC from being able to continue from or connect to his batman movies in any way, shape, or form, without his express permission/involvement.

So all the DC movies since have been WB dancing around that legal vortex.

Who would win in a fight darksied or thanos?

Oh...this is like an sorry attempt at a company war thread. My bad its clear Imma just getting in the way of this great thread.

how was it predictable at all?

every MCU movie is the same. BvS was substantially more original and better crafted.

Why are they ruining every movie with forced world building and character introductions in that case?

No it wasn't. Not even close.

>this thread
can you underage faggots fuck off back to Sup Forums to have you company wars?

even if they were related, it would be known as the shitty DC universe with 3 ok movies

it tried to capture its formula of quippy, relatable outlaws that listen to catchy pop music and are barely known by the general public.

It failed miserably.

>how was it predictable at all?

>Batman vs. Superman fight
>then they team up to fight a bigger threat

WOW WHO COULD HAVE POSSIBLY SEEN THAT COMING???

>with 3 ok movies
You mean 1, but I understand.

>discussion about movies on the movies board
>GO AWAY THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR THIS DICUSSION
uhn?

>It failed miserably

GOTG
Budget
$232.3 million (gross)[2]
$195.9 million (net)[2]
Box office $773.3 million[3]

SS
Budget $175 million[2]
Box office $744.8 million[3]

why do you still replying obvious bait

nobody really likes dc movies, thats it.

>falling for company wars bait

seriously, please just fuck off, you know you can get the same repetitive arguments you love over on Sup Forums

= Margot Robbie is hot = Easy views

Basically the same reason anyone defends Transformers. Megan Fox and her toe thumbs were nice eye-candy and people like watching shit blow up.

You're right and the other user is wrong. SS was a box office success. Coming of the Dark Knight, people were interested to see the Joker. And fans have been asking for harley quinn even in Nolan times. She was perfectly cast here and it was long overdue. However, SS turned out to be a horrible piece of shit movie.

SS had a good box office run, not nearly as strong holdovers as guardians but still decent. It had a far superior opening weekend, making 40 million more that GotG. But overall in the end it still made less. People were just more interested in seeing guardians again that SS.

But SS made a ton of money so WB will fart out 3 more shit flicks that you experts will call kino. Enjoy your hell.

Btw SS would never have been greenlit if it wasn't for the success of guardians. Way to bite the hand that feeds you.

Because in DC they have this thing called Hypercrisis which implies everything they do all exists within a multiverse and is all affected by everything else.

Therefore, the DC movie universe is one of the dimensions in the multiverse.

We'll eventually see a comic/movie crossover.

>Suicide squad has Ben Affleck as Batman, Jared Leto as the Joker and Will Smith as Deadshot.
>Guardians of the galaxy has Bradley Cooper as a Racoon and literally who's
Seriously, no one knew any of the characters or actors except for Brad and this movie MADE Chris Pratt.

Vin Diesel voiced Groot

I think nobody saw MARTHA coming. Good Job Snyder. Please keep going.

Oh right, well that too then

That's true, it's so bad no one could have possibly guessed

he seriously needs to kill it in gotg2 because i'm already forgetting who he is.

Liked him better in Jurassic World, desu senpai

it was very easy to see coming, just no one wanted the movie to be that stupid

>substantially more original
Good guys fight each other -> They put their differences aside to fight a big bad monster in the 3rd act. Yeah, truly groundbreaking.

>better crafted
"Martha". "Ding ding ding ding ding".

Gimme a break.

honestly dc needs to remove snyder and reboot the entire series lol, I also think they started in the deep end introducing the verse with superman who is way to powerful to relate to. Start the new one with a good batman, it's going to have to be an origin story, and have him face off against bane/clayface. Superman should be the last justice league member to get a film desu, I don't know how warner bros/DC can be so stupid.

You don't relate to superman, you look up to him.

kok

Seriously, that's why Snyder's Superman fails, you can't look up to that cunt.