Can someone tell me why he couldn't have stayed with the Thunder...

Can someone tell me why he couldn't have stayed with the Thunder? He would've been just as favored this year as the Warriors to win it all and he would've made $82 million more without ruining his reputation

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/channel/UCB_4C2Gl7Zfg4uBXk_AcWwA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MeCYgsGr_XM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He got tired of losing so he took the easy way

>He would've been just as favored this year as the Warriors to win it all

"no"

It's irritating to play with Westbrook

The Thunder were up 3-1 and unlocked the secret to owning the Warriors

There was no way the Warriors were ever going to beat the Thunder again. The Thunder were gonna pick up Horford and have a legit starting 5 with Kanter coming off the bench

Plus $82 million and much more personal happiness. He doesn't seem happy in GSW

m.youtube.com/channel/UCB_4C2Gl7Zfg4uBXk_AcWwA

I dunno he looks pretty happy in his Vlogs

>ruining his reputation

I respect KD more for leaving that shithole, it was clearly the right choice.

He could've gone anywhere like the Spurs or Clippers or Celtics and it would've been a better choice reputation wise

It was a bitch move to go to the team HE choked to. The Warriors didn't even beat him. He choked and shirked his responsibilities to the team that drafted him and gave him millions of dollars

except he was drafted by a team that couldn't even stay in its city, then went to a city that didnt care and played on a team whos gm and coach only got chimpout pros (Westbrook).

Id leave too if I spent that many years on a shitty team.

you don't play with Westbrook, sometimes he just consents to relinquish the ball to you

Yeah because KD's usage rage in GSW went up, right?

Dude plays ball in the richest part of the country and loves it.

Fuck OKC, sheep fuckers

not saying his choice was the best, but being in an ugly place can blind you. Why be humble about what your team can offer (Spurs, Celtics, Clips) when you can be down right sinister in someones vulnerable state (GSW)

But in Durant's defense, again, I would have taken the best looking ticket out of OKC.

I didn't know he played in New York or LA and not some mid major city

The Spurs or Clippers with KD would be favored over GSW

Then he could've just joined another non-GSW team

>Clippers

they're such chokers they'd probably choke a 1st round even if they had all the Warriors players

He's a bitch

Golden State needs him more than he needs GSW

He should hold them hostage

the end of the regular season clearly showed it's not the case

He got tired of playing in bumfuck Oklahoma and he wanted to be in the bay with the mvp and defensive player of the year.

Durant and Westbrook vs

Curry and Klay and Green
Spurs machine
Flopden and meme shooters

are hardly guarantee at anything. OKC has also gotten progressively worse after the Harden trade because they are too cheap to spend money on players that can help them win. Reggie Jackson, Dion Walters, Ibaka just to name a few.

Literally up 3-1 on the Warriors and just beat the Spurs as well

>implying Houston matters

That's a guaranteed Finals appearance. Along with $82 million more. Along with an intact reputation.

They would've gotten Horford, and along with Oladipo, it would've been set.

Look how good the Thunder were without him this year. You can't tell me that KD being there wouldn't have made them favorites

Oladipo is basura. Horford is soft.

He's a spineless cuck who compares himself to LeBron when he should be compared to guys like Melo

>Look how good the Thunder were without him this year.

The only one that looks good is Westbrook, and his stats are inflated to hell because OKC's system is designed to let him rack up rebounds and assists at the expense of him not playing defense and running a coherent offense. We saw last year that OKC came up short, but no one seemed to blame it on the system that clearly favors WB's statpadding. As long as WB is the main focus the Thunder won't win anything even if KD stayed and they have Horford(who is terribly overrated).

The average person in San Francisco is more likely to live paycheck to paycheck than pretty much anywhere else, wtf are you talking about

Libshits like to inflate their economy to ruin and then boast about how rich they are.

>an someone tell me why he couldn't have stayed with the Thunder?

Basketball reasons.

All OKC was missing this year was perimeter shooting and length, which KD and Horford provide.

With Oladipo and WB in the frontcourt, I'm sorry, I just don't see how the Warriors would've beaten that when the Thunder were playing their worst and the Warriors playing their best and still managed to get a 3-1 lead on them

You need more outside shooting than just from your best player. Oladipo, WB, and Roberson is still a terrible shooting backcourt and teams will simply load up the paint like what they are doing this year. And it's not like Horford is some KG incarnate that can just make the defense so good that a bad offense wouldn't matter.

Because the Warriors are such a big team, right?

The Warriors have shooting and scoring from every position. Their offense even without their best players is still above league average. The Thunder with KD and Horford is nowhere near that good.

It's actually as simple as he didn't want to live in OKC anymore.

got tired of 4th quarters being held hostage by an egotistical brick layer and losing games that should've been wins

Why would anyone move from Oklahoma to San Francisco? You have to be crazy right?

If they let Westbrook go instead of Harden he might have stayed, keyword might of. Westbrook is the first option high usage player. Honestly he should have gone to a team like the wizards.

Westbrook shot .388 in the playoffs, he shot 26% from 3 and took 9.8 3's a game with 6 turnovers a game. That says it all.

Ur gay

>remain loyal to a team that let all the talent from that finals run walk away and replace them with literal who's
I would have left. That front office is trash.

Hey man, he gave the Thunder plenty of chances with his 8 year run in there. It's not like he bolted right away.

They kept Westbrook who's a top 3 player in the world

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

San Francisco is literally less desirable than OKC in America

Unless you're a Spic or Nigger. Asians and whites stay away from Commiefornia

I just wanna know who his financial officer is

He gave up
$82 million
To live in a place with a higher COL And tax rate

This literally means he gave up an excess of $100 million over 5 years. How was any of that a good idea?

Because he would have had to work his ass off to have a slight chance of reaching the finals with OKC. With the Larriors he gets a free pass to the finals while having to clock 20ish minutes, block a few weak ass niggas and take 10-15 catch and shoot/spot up shots per game.

Only butthurt flyover state hicks actually think this. San Francisco's main downfall is lack of space and extremely high cost of living but if you make what Durant makes then neither of these things matter

>this is what flyovers actually believe.

Oh and he gets an empty paint to posterize people because he doesnt have westbrook clogging it up and because pachulia is busy setting moving screens for people who have scored over 40 percent of their career attempts for three.

THats why Texas and Florida are growing faster than commieland right?

:V

Hahaha u-r-gay

The Bay is literally the most in-demand place to live in the country. And it is overflowing with Asians.

who cares about growth rates when they're still only 10% of what california is

San Francisco is an interesting place to go to. There's always something happening. Sometimes you see homeless people sitting on the street corner asking for donations, sometimes you see a crazy lady peeing on the corner or sometimes you see a homeless people fighting over $10. Great place.

MUH LIBERALS
MUH WHITES

the reality is that even 82 billion gorillion is not enough to convince someone to live in fucking Oklahoma over the bay area. What is Oklahoma even known for besides that shit musical and tornadoes?

Fast food.

Fucking wat

t. Chris Davidson, 21 yr old student @ University of Western Ohio

>Asians stay away from California
>particularly San Francisco
Confirmed for never leaving Iowa or whatever irrelevant hell hole state you're from

While you oafish slobs were busy arguing like obstreperous children I was busy working out. Btw I've been to San Francisco a few times. It's a cool city but it's fallen on hard times compared to what it was 10-15 years ago. Many businesses and interesting places have closed and the city has an overall depressing feeling with hustlers and people living in poverty trying to desperately get by.

I think he's referencing the 'purchasing power parity' index
Where a person making 50k lives a substantially more poorfag life than a person making 40k
Which is how Californians live; inflated """wealth""" that is eaten up by a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom $400,000 house.

As the one user said, you're going to find more people living paycheck to paycheck in places like California than anywhere else

Only the tenderloin which has been rough since the city's founding.

If anything, the shit areas are getting nicer and more developed because the demand for housing is so big. Hence the muh gentrification.

It has most certainly not fallen on hard times at all

I hope he breaks his legs fuck this faggot. I've never hated an athlete more than him

How good is Andre Roberson at defense. Would you put him on the same level as Iggy, Kawhi or Lebron?

>you're going to find more people living paycheck to paycheck in places like California than anywhere else
Former Califag here that migrated out to sweet Arizona. I have a friend who makes nearly 200k a year in software engineering living in SF and he's still in debt from school, lives in a not so great apartment. Meanwhile I'm debt-free and can afford much nicer things on a $80k yearly salary.

Neither you or your friend make that.

He wanted to stay in the west. If your intention is to win and work within a well oiled machine along side guys that actually will share the fucking ball, the Warriors and Spurs are the places to go.

And while, yes, he would've gotten less shit joining the Spurs; it's not any less devastating for the region than joining the Warriors.

Also, this bullshit about him going to the Clippers. That team is such a massive fuck ups that I can't see how anyone could actually blame him for skipping over them. This past month should've made it obvious.

Playing with that other dude on the Thunder took the fun out of the game for Durant RW is a primadonna. Whichever team RW is on will forever play lame basketball, not beautiful euro-ball like the glorious Dubs play. The Dubs share the ball and play as a 5-man squad no matter who is on the court at the moment.

The essence of ball is dead in the wake of Westbrook's statpadding heroe ball.
If yoi are a fan of ball, you understand why Durant had to leave. He did it for the sport, and for his enjoyment of the game.

Why the fucked would he give a shit about his reputation? The only people that are actually upset are people from OKC and people on Sup Forums. Nobody else cares. And why the fuck would he move to the Clippers or Celtics? He wants a ring

Why not suffer for a year in OKC & then sign with the Wizards next year?

>Nobody else cares.

Except Stephen A. Smith, And Colin Cowherd. And Nick Wright

Kek. I don't know about Smith and Wright but they're nothing but two big mouth journalists; you think Durant is losing sleep over what they say? I listen to Cowherd often and he definitely isn't upset that Durant went to the Warriors

Who the fuck wants to live in D.C.?

And, over the Bay Area?

Straight trippin, b

That's why he said this right?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MeCYgsGr_XM

Already has hella mula, doesn't have ring?

Hmm i wonder why he didn't stay for cash when he can get a easy ring.

Easy cash or easy ring?

DC area has more people than the Bay Area

D.C.-Baltimore CSA: 9.6 million
Bay Area CSA: 8.7 million

He's a notorious flip flopper. His opinions change every week. He's also not complaining about the move, he's just saying that he doesn't rate them as highly

Another reason to not want to play or live there.

Not to mention the weather is booboo.
Humid and frigid. Instead come live on the best coast where seasons arent really a thing.

In S.F. it is 60 - 85 F practically all year round.

Except DC is a shit hole with nothing to do.

The bay area has nice weather, is wealthy, has Oakland and SF within 40 min of each other; redwood forests, beaches, mountains, etc.

Simply put, the Warriors need Durant to defeat the Cavs this year, that much is clear. They need his 25 ppg and 7-8 rpg. Without Durant it's 4-2 for the Cavs, with Durant it's 4-1 for the Warriors.

>Having a lot of people measures quality of life
You would love Lagos pal

>If they let Westbrook go instead of Harden he might have stayed, keyword might of.
>he might have stayed, keyword might of.
>might have
>keyword might of

D.C. has way more nightlife than SF. If you're a straight male, what's there to do in SF?

Not to mention that most people there aren't black

You've clearly never been to SF or at least not partying. If you're into clubbing there is Mezzanine or Mighty, both legendary clubs and Oakland has all da clubz that black people like

You're kidding right? People are more impressed by D.C. than SF

More people = more things to do and more places to see

Bay Area fags swear they aren't just a bigger Seattle. It's not a world city like NYC, LA, Chicago, DC, Boston, Miami, etc

>world city
>Boston
>Miami
>D.C.
Wew lad

How is Miami not a world city?

It's literally the center of Latin America

>Why not suffer for a year in OKC & then sign with the Wizards next year?

Right? Who doesn't want to live in Maryland... rrrright guys???

Considering 1 million more people live in the D.C. Area than the bay, you tell me

Parker
Kawaii~
Durant
LA
Pau

They'd still get blown out by the warriors and cavs

I live in the MSA user...

Don't hate us because we're half black and mostly gay

>cavs

Uh did you conveniently forget that Kawahi gets a power boost within a 20 meter radius of lebron?

Leonard and Durant would be one hell of a duo. You're talking about the best defensive forward and the best offensive forward. That's almost like Scottie and Jordan.

This current cavs team is better than the heat pop faced in 2014.
Kyrie>>>>>>>Parker
JR >>>>>>KD
Love>>>>>LA
TT>>>>>Pau
Cavs in 5

no. KD wants an easy ring more than he wants $82M

>Kanter
He was actually unplayable vs the Rockets due to how inadequate his pick n roll defense is. He can't be part of ANY legitimate starting 5.

>shirked his responsibilities

How many years did he give them? 7? 8? How many more are required to 'fulfill his responsibilities'?

This. OKC keeps getting one way role players. You can't go far with at least a few two way players. Only Durant and Westbrook filled that role.

Not to mention they want loyalty when they stole the team from Seattle. What kind of shit is that.