there was a fucking tony award winning broadway musical about fela lol
dude is great but he's not obscure at all

great
artists

you have to pick one

pffffttt you think that's bad.

watch this

seriously
stop being pretentious fuckwads and realize the artists getting the attention from the work they put in is a good thing

I'm pretty sure these guys are glad they're being promoted

fpbp

These playlists are truly made for plebs

Best way to discover good shit is with Weekly Mixs

They are though, with these shitty playlists. I never said he was obscure but he surely isn't Ed Sheeran or some shit, whose fans are the ones who are driving this playlist hellhole.

Why do you give a shit about what Spotify is doing anyway? It's a plebtier service so what do you expect? It's not the like the music is any worse because of these playlists.

I'm not seeing the harm in a playlist of Fela Kuti music. what's your point?

You are dumb

oh my god no one gives a fuck

>"Indie" playlist
>First song is a Beck song

Jesus Christ

>beck
>not indie

b-but muh independent labels

shut the fuck up you indie nerd

>implying normies use bandcamp

Indie isn't a misc category.

>2017
>still hating on Spotify

embarrassing.jpeg

This is not to help people discover new music within particular genres, it's Spotify advertising new releases.

This is kina bullshit. Isn't the point of a Sun Ra to do the research yourself, same with Fela.. Fucking normal fags wouldn't get it anyway

That being said I like Spotify because I searched for albums, and there are some on there I couldn't torrent/download the zip of anywhere. So it's a nice tool for stuff like that, and then if I chose to buy new cds I listen first since I'm not 15 anymore.

No one has time to listen to 100 albums to find out which ones are good. Half of Sun Ra's shit sucks because he has so much.

>Pleb

I've listened to 30 I think, and I plan to listen to all of them that dropped in his lifetime. I still think it's worth doing it yourself. Yeah I don't have the time I did in High School, but I still find the time to because I love listening to new music and I also play specific types of music when I want to write that type of music

This playlist highlights some great tracks that weren't featured on The Best of the Black President 1 or 2, which is the safest (and likely most popular) point to start for anyone wanting to listen to Kuti. This playlist does nothing but help his legacy and expose more people to the breadth of his music. Kuti would dickslap the shit out of your pretentious ass.

Kinda hard to happy about being shilled on Spotify when you're dead.

normies are ruining music

cool post bro

I do

No

>normies are ruining music

how?

by listening to it, clearly. screw those idiots for appreciating music at the lowest level possible because they are more interested in other activities and happy living lives not obsessed with how others approach things.

>I'm mad at people because they treat their hobbies differently than me

this is advanced autism

i'm not OP, i was mocking that mentality, but bump anyways so other people can see this tomfoolery

This is some good viral advertising. I haven't used Spotify in months but just opened it to check this playlist out.

Fela Kuti was always the token African Musician whites namedrop to seem cultured. Total tourist-core

how do you pronounce Fela Kuti?

Fill-ay Cutie

fella qt

>Black President

Does Spotify know what year this is?

I fucking hate all your pretentious asses.

He's only there because he's black so Spotify gets diversity points for advertising nigger music that isn't rap.

>reading comprehension

Next week:

>This is Mulatu Astatke
>This is Coil
>This is Labradford
>This is Les Rallizes Denudes

i'm fine with that

Too white.