Thoughts on

My Chemical Romance? I discovered them a month ago and I'm 20 :(
You can never be too old for this kind of music though! Helena

this a cringe thread?

three cheers only ignore everything else

Bullets is better

I discovered them at age of 19 XD i mean years ago and i had a hype on them but its not the same thing as i would have listened them a few years earlier when their didnt split up ;/

The Black Parade is a masterpiece you contrarians

I rather literally kill myself than listen to MCR.

Terrible band. Good for emo tween girls who were born in le wrong generation and listen to real muzec.

t. have never listened to The Black Parade

I listened to it to see how bad it was and now it's in my top 10

>Black Parade in the top ten out of thousands of albums
W E W L A D

Woah hol up are those 2005 era emojis ? I need those in my cringe collection real bad.
Do you want to trade it for my brian meme ?

>(insert your favorite album) in the top 10 out of thousands of albums
W E W L A D

Really? The Black Parade is in your top ten? That's some legitimately strange taste - and that's coming from someone who likes the album. The production is a little too poppy, Gerard's vocal work can get a little grating at times, and Teenagers ruins the flow of the entire album for me.

>mfw someone tried to tell me that MCR were influenced by The Stooges
I seriously debated spitting in their fucking face.

I typically skip Teenagers, the album is 9/10 but 10/10 without that song

I find the production to be well done

any band that is vaguely punk sounding can claim to be influenced by the Stooges

That's fair enough, I guess. Nothing ever winds up topping the bridge on "Dead!" for me, though.

>Poppy
Not him, but your validity is as inflated as an anorexic Syrian. It's disgusting to see idiots refer to every single Alternative Rock band as "Poppy" or "Pop Rock," almost as much as autistic plebeians claim MCR is emo. Seriously, how can someone unironically refer to bands like Linkin Park, RHCP, Green Day, The Killers, Weezer, Muse, etc. as in the same vein, or genre, as Jonas Brothers, REO Speedwagon, Nickelback, Fleetwood Mac, etc.? I'll say it again: there's a huge difference between alternative rock bands that managed to get into the mainstream through no fault of their own, and bands that deliberately create pop melodies using rock instrumentation.

The Black Parade is Alternative Rock, with elements of Art Rock and Art Punk, plain and simple.

>The Black Parade is Alternative Rock
You need to drink a tall glass of anti-freeze.

>emo tween girls
i like mcr now

I would probably say that they can they can refer to those bands in the same vein and genre because they both have a common ancestor.

Anyways, if you've ever listened to the Black Parade you can't deny that the production is very similar to stuff like Electric Light Orchestra - unless you consider that alternative rock too?

You need to mix a cauldron of yourself with a razorblade.

P.S. Why don't you try to address my arguments like a civil people? This is an 18 or older board, right?

Albums better than Black Parade
-ITCOTCK
-Revolver
-Laughing Stock
-Piper at the Gates of Dawn
-Soft Machine - Third
-Freak Out - Zappa
-Rain Dogs
-Lorca
-The Doors
-Kind of Blue

If you think any of these are worse than MCR unironically kill yourself.

Sounds like you're getting F's in english.
Your parents are going to be so upset.

No, not even remotely. ELO is the very last thing I think of when listening to TBP. If anything, I viewed it as a theatrical version of Fugazi meets Queen, with a touch of Pixies, The Damned and Sunny Day Real Estate.

Auto-correct is terrible.

W H E N I W A S

A

Y
O
U
N
G

B
O
Y

Take a careful listen to "Cancer" and "Telephone Line". I'm almost certain you'll hear the similarities in production - and while I feel it works much better for ELO, I never said it makes The Black Parade sound bad; I just personally don't enjoy it as much when applied to this band that draws influence from art rock, art punk, and alternative rock.

I saw MCR live once, it was in London. They said London was their favourite venue ever, 13 year old me was happy. 2 months later see video of their next set in Cali, he says California is his favourite venue ever...

Don't like MCR anymore

You got cucked, man.

If mcr was a sandwich it would be white bread with a slice of ham

If you are not under the age of 16 there is no reason for you to listen to this garbage music

How to un-cuck?

I disagree - MCR is a fun band who write some legitimately good lyrics mixed in with edgy stuff that isn't really too enjoyable. They'd be a weird, exotic sandwich that pretends to be more than it is and leaves you a little bit dissatisfied after you eat it, but you would still enjoy it while eating.

this

go to a festival they're playing at and throw a bottle of piss at them
make sure you practice before hand so you know you can hit them

Move to California, senpai! It's sunny almost all the time, and has so many attractions for you to visit, you would feel like de Gama exploring the world!

Helena is legitimately a banger though

>Danger Days Is one of my top 20 albums
((( Top albums must be something I can listen to straight through no skips.))
It does such a good job of telling an entire coherent and complete story over the course of 1 CD in the tracks. It there most underated work.

>The Black Parade
>Teenagers

Besides danger days those are the only two songs i Even remember the names to and I WAS HEAVY INTO the EMO teen scene in those days. Shit i bed you i still have a MCR black parade Hot topic cloth bad some where.

> The doors

EW, fight me.

J U S T

You'd go down with one slap

Looks like the average guy who hates The Doors

Good trips, bro.

MCR is a meme.

Bump, saving the thread here.