First season is about the projects and heroin cartel, the struggle between cruelty and corruption...

>first season is about the projects and heroin cartel, the struggle between cruelty and corruption, and the inhumanity of poverty and violence
>second season is about fat union dock workers
What the actual fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yiwDMK0H09o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's about the death of industry you fuck

>it's about death of industry
>year of our lord 2003

it's 2016 today and industry is still strong and going so fuck off wire shills

dude we used to build things in this country lmao

>dude we used to build things in this country
>literally a port that imports shit from overseas
Fucking what

If only ports also served to export things

The second season is a great pleb filter

>ports only import

shut the fuck up

>He thinks the show is about cops and drug dealers
>Not corruption on every level

they were men wi a trade

I liked when Tommy Carcetti commented on on the size of Frank Sabotka.

Also Ziggy is a legend on the docks

What was his fucking problem?

Neglected af.

>What do you export?

>Imports.

Keep watching

Are you actually retarded

The death of industry in cities like Baltimore and Detroit are a huge reason behind their resulting collapse. But stormbabbies don't want to admit that because it doesn't fit their agenda and they don't understand economics.

You'll probably find that 'stormbabbies' deplore industrial decline in the West, and see it as a symptom of globalisation and something that is undermining the white working class.

>tricked by Sup Forums telling me this was one of the best series ever made

>season 1
>drug deals on corners and cops literally spending a whole season looking through binoculars and trying to get permission to listen to a phone box
>several black senior police men argue
>mcnulty gets drunk

>season 2
>people working at a dock and getting annoyed because of their workers rights

nothing happens - the series

plebwatch

kys nignog

nice bait

hah y-yeah

His father spent more time keeping his doomed union afloat instead of raising his son.

the show is about baltimore you retard

Second season is a lot deeper than that and what happens in the season affects later seasons. It's also the only time where you'll see where the drugs are coming from and how they get in and the corruption involved in making it so.

You have to look at the show as the following of characters in Baltimore and not just the projects and gang violence. Besides, Avon and Barksdale's crew are laying low after the events of season one

This. Agents of Shield and The Falsh are way better

>no Walking Dead
Weeoooweeeooo pleb alert!

I wasn't serious. Also The Walking Dead is as shit as both of those shows. You're the pleb here

AYE BUT AT WHAT COST

McNulty is the best character in the show.

>can't keep his facade up for more than 1 post
>puts up a facade and is immediately disarmed by someone else's facade
Come back in a few years kid, you're not cut out to hang with the big boys yet...

>pissed on by everybody
>father doesn't give a flying fuck about him
>whenever he tries to prove himself he makes an even bigger as out of himself

Was he /ourguy/ ?

this might be the dumbest thing i've read on Sup Forums this week, that's quite an accomplishment

they used to make steel there, no?

youtube.com/watch?v=yiwDMK0H09o

Thanks for reminding me. Jimmy sure is great!

Season 4 McNulty was the most annoying character

He's only good when he is angry and drinking, when he is happy family man he is insufferable.

Most annoying? Fuck no. It was great seeing him being functional again, but it was even better seeing him succumb to his own vices, again.

I really wanted for him to actually change and be a good husband for a change, but his return to his older self was inevitable.

every season is a different reason on why baltimore is fucked up

gets into the school system, corrupt politicians, the limits on police and more

>season two is about them perfect tits

>I really wanted for him to actually change and be a good husband for a change

That's gross. That's like wanting Sherlock Holmes to become a post office clerk because investigating is too damaging for his mental health.

>not bubbles

bubbles had the deepest character arc

>when those 2 kids kill the other black kid that was their friend

i wasnt ready for those feels Sup Forums....

I see the point, but hey. I wanted for McNulty to stop being a depressed fuck and to actually enjoy life for a change. But I do agree that would ruin him as a person, and would probably drive him insane.

McNulty is, and always will be my favorite character in the show. He's like a mirror to myself.

s2 was a hook for lower-class whites to get into the show by offering a cliche struggling father-figure.

s3 and on thankfully ignores it all

Don't underestimate season 2, it gets pretty good by the end. You have to keep in mind that The Wire was made by a legit Baltimore journalist who spent years doing that before getting into television, so a lot of the things that are interesting to him don't necessarily peak the interest of others. He wanted to make a show about everyone getting fucked over by the various systems in Baltimore, and did a pretty top-notch job overall. However, he did fail to anticipate how boring the docks are in comparison to the streets, which is why he abandons them after the second season.

The next three seasons are the best of the show so don't let 2 discourage you. Season 3 is the first seasons that involves the local government, season 4 brings in the schools/youth (best season desu) and the last one focuses on the journalists in particular. Just stick with it, The Wire truly does deserve most of the praise it's gotten.

Honestly, this was the same for me

Just couldnt get through season 2 so i dropped the show

I just finished season 2.

I'm depressed as fuck bros. The stevedores didn't deserve that shit

Season 2 is total shit the first time through, but when you rewatch the series and know that the dead hookers isn't important but a lot of the other stuff is, you realize the massive amount of depth it offers to the series.

Its still the worst season but its not bad

>it's deindustrialization
>no it's blacks
Why not both?

season 2 is really just the friends we made along the way :)

Why do all the characters I like get killed off?

That's life.

Baltimore and Detroit are corrupt from the inside out. Anything you put there is going to fail.

>Corporate faggot (circa 1955): Hey, these overwhelmingly white union workers with a shared culture and identity are a real pain in the ass with their demands for good pay, healthcare, and vacations. Hmmm, if only there was some way to fracture a racially homogeneous workers-rights organization via identity politics. (((OY VEY)))!

>Corporate faggot (circa 1970): Hey, these whites and black seem to have unified again and are working together towards the interest of the working class despite their living in separate communities with separate culture. If only I could bring in another ethnicity with distinct and alien culture to shake up and fracture this new solidarity! (((OY VEY)))

>Corporate faggot (circa 1985): Okay, the whites, hispanics and blacks are now getting along similar to before despite all 3 living in separate communities with separate culture. It looks like it's time to start moving factories to Mexico and other shitholes that only require us to pay them $5 a day!

>NAFTA passes in 1994. [Shekel-seeking by moving factories to Mexico Intensifies]. Stocks rise and dependent working class people of all races, living in different communities with different cultures, are now subsidized with tax-payer money.

>Corporate Shark Tank faggots (circa: 2014): The third question out of my mouth after asking what your profits and liabilities are is "Can we move production to China?!"

What's wrong with his statement?

>implying season 2 wasn't GOAT kielbasa-kino
>implying you don't love old polacks pissing on each others legs
>implying the bants between sobatka and valchek with the van theft wasn't hilarious

Shaking my head to be factually accurate with you familial relations

That final letter to valchek from Australia was fucking perfect, Frank got the final laugh

Bubbles, Omar and eventually even Bodie. All better characters than token drunk self destructing cop