this is the best bowie album

discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pLRETBpf5q4
bigozine2.com/roio/?p=664
youtube.com/watch?v=Nzb7ZD7vTik
youtube.com/watch?v=7v01uW3c--M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the most off-the-wall production by eno with weirdest instrumentation and singing/narration tracks!

it's the most avant-garde fuck-you thing by someone who has had his level of success prior.

it's my favorite bowie and one of my top 5 forever

what album?

I think THIS is the album you meant to post.

I fucked up when typing the message I meant to post the image with it.

goddamn that resolution makes me cum

I don't think this is his best but definitely his best post-prime album. I like it more than blackstar

it's good but it's very far from his best

reality>heathen desu

reality is a bit less consistent but some of those tracks are his absolute best. She'll Drive The Big Car, New Killer Star, Bring Me The Disco King

*blocks your path*

agree, even though it's got some of the same tracks yet different versions but technically this is just outside's deluxe. tho leon tapes are even more wacky and awesome. this and outside are my favorite he's ever done.

a triumph of walloff music

>Bring Me The Disco King
glad someone else appreciates that song.

how do you feel about pic related?

It's my favorite bowie album actually. Probably not his objective best but there's so many great songs on there that got me through tough times

Reality is his third worst for the mear fact it's boring.

I really like BMTD too, I prefer the Lohner mix though: youtube.com/watch?v=pLRETBpf5q4

It was originally meant to be on Black Tie White Noise, then Earthling, hope those versions get released one day

nah

I think the Leon Suites are more interesting, but I still consider 1. Outside as one of his best work.
>I talked to one of the musicians who is on this and got a more complete story. First, these arent outtakes at all and, second, they werent initially intended to be a Bowie album. The idea was to form a sort of supergroup behind Bowie and Eno, and record an album as a one-off project for that group. This is essentially that album. So what we have here is a fully-realized concept album for a group that never came into existence.

>It was then presented to the record company, who as we all know rejected it as uncommercial. After that, Bowie used parts of it as the basis for an entirely new project, which became 1.Outside. So, had this been released, Outside would have never happened. So, rather than this being outtakes from Outside, its actually more true that Outside was based on outtakes from The Leon Suites, an album in its own right.

Scary Monsters is a great album. Bowie's vocals in this, Baal and Blackstar are my favourite. Never liked Fashion, but Ashes to Ashes, Scream Like A Baby and Teenage Wildlife are really good tracks. These alternate takes are worth checking out:
>bigozine2.com/roio/?p=664

the cd-rom of walloff music. Wow, thanks for the info. i consider it as disc 2 of outside basically and don't mind the repeated sections because they are totally different versions. it just slightly sucks it didn't get as good of a mix and mastering as the album. i feel like blackstar is similar to outside.

Station To Station is his best album and best song

not even the best song on Station to Station.
>blackstar is similar to outside.
I like to think that there are several 'symbols' of his later albums in the album Blackstar. Both of the albums are really amazing.

Actually, it's Hours.

why so?

yah

Bump

I think all of these are pretty good albums.

Heroes and The Next Day being similar is just Bowie being meta about himself. It continued on until his death. Its bleeds through his compilation Nothing Has Changed.

i was actually going to make a thread about this today. im deranged is probably his best track

>The Next Day being similar is just Bowie being meta about himself
I think that's why the album sounds amazing too me personally, especially Where Are We Now? Other than a few tracks which don't work out for me like Boss of Me, I think it's a solid one.
Toy would've been a good one too.
>According to David's journal on BowieNet, the production and artwork of the album were finished already by early 2001. However, time passed and rumours filtered through that Virgin appeared to be reluctant to release an album full of songs they didn't have the rights to. At the end of 2001, Bowie left Virgin to set up his own record label ISO, but the complete Toy album thus far remains unreleased.

>compilation Nothing Has Changed
Shadow Man is a really good song.
youtube.com/watch?v=Nzb7ZD7vTik

*blocks your path*

what was wrong with Tin Machine Bowie?
youtube.com/watch?v=7v01uW3c--M