It's a "I only want to play for Barcelona/Real Madrid" episode

>It's a "I only want to play for Barcelona/Real Madrid" episode

Is it just confirmation bias or does this seem to happen A LOT? I always see players saying they would only leave their club to join those two teams, that they're only interested in those teams etc. It seems to have been the case for the past 7/8 years at least.

Last three CL:
Madrid/Barca/Madrid
People want to play with winners, they're also the two biggest clubs in the world. Would you rather play for Bolton or Barcelona?

maybe they're brainwashed or just greedy. personally, i wouldn't go to barca or real, they've won enough.
imagine the cult status you could achieve if you brought glory to a team that's never won anything, like ac milan or liverpool.

Because they are the only two teams that will not only pay absurd amounts of money for these players but are also very likely to actually win trophies. English clubs pay very well but don't win shit, same goes for PSG and other meme clubs.

Because playing for one of those two is your only chance at winning the Ballon d'Or now.

Why wouldn't you want to play for the only two teams that UEFA allows to win the UCL?

They're top teams who always challenge for European silverware. Why them over Bayern or English teams (who did actually challenge for European silverware not long ago)?

The weather in Spain is way nicer, it's an "easier" league, and while I can't speak for Germany or France their income tax isn't as bad as ours so they make more money too.

Come on, the alternative isn't Bolton, it's teams like Chelsea, City or United. Teams that can definitely pay very well and are ambitious about building cl winning sides. That said, just see above as to why they'd pick Spain anyway.

They only actually win European trophies because all the top players "only want to play for Barcelona/Real Madrid"

That's the problem with you England, it's all about the pay to you. What about the fame and glory? What about the history of Barcelona and Real Madrid?

No, user. 10 years ago everyone wanted to play for Milan. Who cares about Milan now?
Players want to play for the best teams, it's that simple.

*What about the UEFA pro-Madridalona policy

Man Utd are a historic team that pays well. Liverpool are a historic team that even when they had a good squad couldn't attract high end players and hold on to their stars like Xabi Alonso and Mascherano (wonder where they ended up?).

Also people place a lot of emphasis on history and I definitely understand the appeal but what's wrong with trying to create history at a new club and being part of their legacy? As long as they're ambitious and you're not playing away from the competition (like China) then it also has it's appeal.

united crybabbies sulking because they cant buy x player

shit rerun tbchwyfamalam

>Teams that can definitely pay very well and are ambitious about building cl winning sides.
KEK

>it's teams like Chelsea, City or United. Teams that can definitely pay very well and are ambitious about building cl winning sides

Those 3 teams have a lot of redempting to do. Not to mention your cyberpunk English weather that makes continentals depressed and manic.

Who the fuck would choose to live in Manchester when you could live in Madrid or Barcelona? Only London can compete in that aspect in England.

The only time a player would want to make history with a club is if it's their hometown/boyhood club. Why would an upcoming talent care about bringing glory to a club they have no connection to? The only reason they choose Real Madrid/Barca is because those two happen to be the best clubs in the world at this moment. And if you can't bring glory to your hometown club, you may as well play for the biggest clubs in the world and be rich and famous.

That's exactly what I said before though.

funny because they may as well roll a dice to pick one and then be expected to share a passionate hatred to the other

who would ever want to live in manchester or liverpool over madrid/barcelona

There are no ID's on this board.I don't know which comments you wrote.But yeah I think that PSG has more potential than Man City mainly due the location.I bet tons of players would love to live in Paris.

>you brought glory to a team that's never won anything, like ac milan or liverpool.
Wat

Obvious bait.

it's about childhood heroes man, Maradona, Riquelme and now Messi played for Barcelona, so the next big argie playmaker would love to play there too; Nerman went there cause Dinho, Ronaldo and Romario. The best southamerican players all played in Spain, not in England.

no, it's about money, they're all just mercenaries and if English clubs didn't get them it's simply because their scouting is poorer and their offers are lower.

It is a b8

>their scouting is poorer
When was the last time an English club brought in a literally who from outside the island and turned him into a top player? Pretty sure they don't even bother with scouting now that they have the money to throw for players other teams scouted and trained.

He's happy in Monaco, why would he leave for another club if it isnt literally top 3 in the world
He's already getting tons of exposure and playtime where he is, and his team's playstyle perfectly matches his

Why would anyone in their right mind choose to live in fucking Manchester and get embarrassed every year in CL, over somewhere in spain or Italy with actual success? Literally no one.

>wants to play for a good club
>doesn't want to live in fucking E*****d

both are perfectly reasonable stances, and in that case the only options you have are Real or Barcelona.

Fans of small clubs like Bayern or Juve: I'm warning you, do not reply to this post.

N'Golo Kante

jesus and sane soon senpai

>kante
>top player

I thought this meme was over by now

>goats that played for english teams: best, cronaldo
>goats that played for RM/Barça: it would exceed Sup Forums's character limit
that's the main reason apart from weather, great players want to be seen as part of a legacy of great players. Just like free agents would chose the Lakers over the Clippers even if the lakers are stinking now

Sane was already a weekly starter for >schalke and wasn't Jesus already doing well in BR before he went to city?

Don't forget that players have lives outside of football. How many times do you hear about JFs wife is not happy living in Liverpool, Manchester etc. Much rather live in Madrid or even Paris

I never now with that flag

Exactly, people think this is a simulation game or something. It's not, it's real life.

Well, the problem is it's not really motivating to move from pic related to London.

>i want to be a trophy babby

London is pretty cool for a young person.The problems start when you have to move to Manchester or Liverpool

Monaco is amazing, but it would've been even better without those tall buildings.

>tall buildings

>19 years old
>black
>french

Jesus... What a life football players have

>they're also the two biggest clubs in the world
>people actually believe this

Obviously this has been a thing for more than 3 years.

>when you have to move to Manchester or Liverpool
A stones throw away from London. Players don't live at the stadium.

they ruin the landscape, but don't worry, they're all luxury appartments and a single square meter is worth thousands of €

You forgot to mention Arsenal sempaai

Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs don't throw as much money at players compared to United, City and Chelsea.

someone really needs to shop all the gay ronaldo instagram pics in there

At first I thought he must be some underage faggot if he has posters of Ronaldo as a Real Madrid player. Then I realised that 2009 was 8 years ago.

Manure*

>Teams that can definitely pay very well and are ambitious about building cl winning sides
So not arsenal then. Glad we agree on one thing.

get fucked dirty customer

those clubs are literally dorsia of football and most top footballers are sociopaths

Is he better than Trashford or Jesus Christ?

I doubt it.

It's Barca and Madrid's strategy. They buy all these hyped up players that kids start getting brainwashed into thinking that in order to be as great as them they also need to play for those two clubs. That and they also want to play for the same team as the players they grew up idolizing.

Who the fuck wants to grow up to be like Ashley Young? Woodward has realized this and has started trying to get world class players.

>Who the fuck wants to grow up to be like Ashley Young?
His son, probably.

That's very sweet user

They want to be good players and so you play with the best. Would you want to learn with scrubs or the best managers and teammates?

Because of the money.
Barcelona and Real Madrid managed to pay huge money to players and agents due to the lower tax rate of spain and loopholes.
Even if Messi is convicted for the tax violation, nobody in Spain dares to chase Barcelona and Real Madrid teams.

>they want to be good players so you play with the best

Top Kek, outside of Donaldo, Messi, Nerman, Rato, Modric and Kroos you are really fucking stretching to call the rest of those lineups the "best" players.

Uefalona got embarrassed by Juventus and Real MAD needed 3 offside goals to pass Bayren.

All of that aside, why haven't people realized it's career suicide to go to a club like Uefalona, Real MAD, and Manure unless you are going to start? Is Mbappe going to start over Benizma or Rato immediately? If he isn't immediately hes gonna be in trouble from the get go becuase his first slip up will see Benizma/Rato starting the next 5 matches +

>he doesn't rate kante

lel

He's going to Madrid to play with his idol

This and the fact it's a literal joke league. Barcelona or Real Madrid could comfortably win the league with their B squads. It's not that the La Liga title is some prestigious award, it's because it gives you the best chance of winning the most meme competition around, the CL. Other than CL matches, and only after the group stages, do you have any games that come near "troubling", the rest are glorified exhibition matches to keep players fit due to the gulf between Barcelona, Real Madrid and the non-entities that make up the other 18 places.
Remember when Torres won the world cup and a CL by doing nothing? It's like that, but you pretend it's "always been your dream". It's embarrassing.

>Torres won the a CL by doing nothing
>forgetting about the night of TORRES

Real Madrid B would win the PL by January pal