Projectionist at a theater here, ask me anything Sup Forums

Projectionist at a theater here, ask me anything Sup Forums

Have you seen people film your movies?

Why you projecting bro?

How accurate is the projectionist stuff from Fight Club?

are you the nigger that always asks me to leave because it is a couple restricted cinema?

Shouldve been the first post

Ever caught anyone having sex or doing fellatio in their seats?

No, luckily our bag checks prevent camcorders coming through.

Because I'm the only one of many who is decent with tech

Thanks to digital cinema we havent had to do that in years. It all comes on hard drives.

Nigger we only allow couples because the health department deemed our crab leg portions too big for single customers

Found the remains of a blowjob in a showing of Fault in our Stars forever ago. And a condom at the end of a row in another theater. Unraveled

Ever had problems with Googles?

that was my dream job before reality kicked me in the balls

Do you get free crab legs?

With everything being digital now, what do you even do up there?

Guests complain all the time because they say Google told them a different showtimes than what we have. I love bringing it up and telling them they're full of shit

It's kinda bland, due to all the automation

1 free thing of crab legs, and I can bring in my eagle anytime I want

I'm not manually starting movies, but I build show playlists (like what trailers go in, light commands, etc), change bulbs in the projectors when they start to get dim, handle promotional materials, and general building computer fixes

So basically they haven't invented a robot to replace you yet

OP again, realized just now what you meant by Googles. We had a group of like 20 hood rats rush the ticket stand, knocking over stanchions and poster displays.

More like my managers are too stupid to change out disk drives and do more technical shit

Fight Club was lying, cinemas used to have devices that allowed multiple rolls of film to be shown continuously without anyone needing to switch projectors

>the remains of a blowjob
wut?

Puddle of cum

Will you kindly punch your co-worker who fucks up the audio on foreign films because "lol there's subs anyway"?

That's a platter. That came after them having to splice the films together.

It's still an antiquated joke. In '99, though, there probably were still older theaters that had to do that.

Sadly the only foreign film we've show were Japanese events we did through Fathom and Funimation. Audio was fine most times

>Sony LMT-300

How do you like those ingest times?

how sad is your life?

>8 hour shifts plus overtime shifts where you're paid to shit post and not deal with people or their falcons

Not him, but pretty comfy.

Do you actually watch the movies you project or what do you usually do?

Multi hour senpai, and house 1 has to use another stage as a relay point. Shit sucks.

Sometimes if it's slow enough. But I usually see the movies I want the night before they come out since keys unlock around midnight

the only projectionist i know is the ni... black guy from inglorious basterds that killed every guest so.........

>house 1 has to use another stage as a relay point

Damn dude.

Do you only have Sony's? How many screens?

All Sony projectors in 12 stages, but house 1 uses Doremi because it's a double stack and the others use SMS Controller

I've never dealt with Doremi, buy I heard it's shit.

Not like SMS is any better. Slow piece of shit.

Op here, you are my nigger forever

It's always great knowing there's some other poor bastard suffering with Sony projectors and programs.

Have you ever masturbated while the movie is playing?

Not in the booth, but in the bathroom afterwards.
>tfw getting paid to jack it

why haven't you killed yourself yet?

do you suck dicks?

Because Persona 5 comes out in February

Depends on the circumstance. If I have a gun against my head imma suck like a vacuum