TFW The Dire Straits are universality recognized as one of the most talented and influential bands of all time...

TFW The Dire Straits are universality recognized as one of the most talented and influential bands of all time, yet they are also NO ONE's 'favorite band.'

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XpbhgSXZHGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They were a one-hit wonder. Money for Nothing was alright, and its music video revolutionary, but other than that they haven't done much.

Something about them and actor Tim Allen make me more angry than anything in the world.

That's not even their most famous song. Only music video drones like that one.

Heavy Fuel is a great example of an accidental anachronism. A very '80s track by a very '80s band, but it came out in the early '90s, so it's too old to be in '80s themed stuff and too off to be in '90s themed stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=XpbhgSXZHGQ

loved "Making Movies" and Knopfler produced Dylan's "Infidels", but these guys were dad rock from their first record on. good band live but always kind of dated.

eaugh?

>finds convenient streetlight

they weren't a one hit wonder and i question whether you actually know what you're talking about

Yeah, they had 2 hits.

THAT LITTLE FAGGOT, HE'S A MILLIONAIRE

Sultans of Swing
Money For Nothing
Walk of Life
Romeo and Juliet
Brothers in Arms
Lady Writer
Tunnel of Love

That took me 8 seconds to think of

I only know the first two

That's what you think, otherwise you're a pleb

Their music is a bit dated these days, not really a unique enough sound to set them apart from everyone else. Just a solid middle of the line band that no one really loves or hates.

>TFW The Dire Straits are universality recognized as one of the most talented and influential bands of all time, yet they are also NO ONE's 'favorite band.'
Same thing with U2 mate

Sultans of Swings probably the bigger hit desu you literal retard

Just wait until Mark Knopfler dies, then everyone will come out of nowhere claiming Dire Straits were their favorite band and he's the greatest musician ever.

U2 kinda destroyed their legacy by lasting more than they should have desu.

U2 are different, people hate them for being fucking everywhere to the point it got annoying. Dire Straits are just kinda in the background and mostly forgotten these days.

Brothers in Arms [Warner Bros., 1985]

"Money for Nothing" is a catchy sumbitch, no getting around it, and the first side moves with simple generosity, not a virtue one associates with this studio guitarist's ego trip. But it's too late for the old bluesboy to suck us into his ruminations of the perfidy of woman and the futility of political struggle, and "Money for Nothing" is also a benchmark of pop hypocrisy. We know Mark Knopfler's working-class antihero is a thicky because he talks like Randy Newman and uses the same word for homosexual that old bluesboys use, a word Knopfler has somehow gotten on the radio with no static from the PMRC. I mean, why not "little nigger with the spitcurl" instead of "little faggot with the earring," Mark? And while we're at it, how the hell did you end up on MTV? By spelling its name right? B-

They're my dad's favourite band, if that makes you feel any better.

Dire Straits are one of those bands that was dadrock when they were current.

>And while we're at it, how the hell did you end up on MTV? By spelling its name right?
fucking lol

How have you never heard Walk of Life?

Knopfler is unironically great though.
Was Christgau just jealous?

THAT AIN'T WORKIN

I unironically think Mark Knopfler looks cool.