Threw a table at a wall in film school and got expelled, then re-did the scene in Bronson

>threw a table at a wall in film school and got expelled, then re-did the scene in Bronson
>directed Drive even though he failed his driver's license exam like 7 times
>directed OGF only so he could visit toy shops in Thailand then got upset because his wife put his toys in the attic
>can't shoot his movies in non-chronological order
>color blind
>dyslexic
>lost virginity at 24
>proposed to his first girlfriend (now wife), she initially said no but kept the ring
>daughter doesn't call him Dad or Papa, calls him "Jang" the same nickname used by his adult friends and family
>believes in Thai ghosts because his daughter sees them and Jodo told him some spooky shit reading tarot cards
>tried to kill his stepmom but the gun didn't go off
>literally wears a towel when he's shooting a movie to keep his energy inside him or something
>can't pick his own clothes, wife does it for him
>Mads says he can't talk to him outside of movie sets because he can literally only talk about cinema
>keeps writing scenes about his characters going to hookers then getting limp, obvious self-insert
>cried during his first meeting with the Goose
>kissed him on the red carpet at Cannes
>kissed Elle on the red carpet at Cannes
>cried on live Danish TV
>talked about fucking on live British TV
>said he now only watches movies on an iPhone
>despite his wife trying her best to dress him correctly, he still attends event dressed like a teenager while everyone else is dressed properly
>almost got to his now wife to run away on their second date because he told her he was going to show her a beautiful, emotional film and then forced her to watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
>got so excited by Fritz Lang's films when an interviewer brought them up that he claimed that his wife is Fritz Lang's daughter
>has been bankrupt twice
>has no neck

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/171721951
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He is just as autistic as the majority of users here. True /ourguy/

DUDE I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT REFN AND NOW HES TOTALLY LIKE ME LMAO!

Kill yourself, 2014+ baneposter

Jodo as in Jodoworsky?

Yes.

Who is this?

he really is the absolute madman

The guy who made Drive.

>>tried to kill his stepmom but the gun didn't go off

Why isn't he in jail for attempted murder?

is he the most successful non-functioning autist of all time?

>almost got to his now wife to run away on their second date because he told her he was going to show her a beautiful, emotional film and then forced her to watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
I can see something this happening in my life

Lars von Trier is even more successful.

You forgot to say

>refuses to stop making kino

>>said he now only watches movies on an iPhone
take note, plebs

The judge said, hang him by the neck

He's the poster-boy for Scandinavian nu-males. I bet a lot of them can relate to him and his life.

So what you're saying is that he's /ourguy/?

Who is this neon demon?

At least the boys are cute

Holy mother this has to be the best copy pasta i've ever read

Someone needs to send this to Refn

The quote in the picture there is kind of out of context. That was some of the bants he used in a euro-autist spat he had with von Trier.

>Smiley?

He also pretends David Lynch is his friend and call him David when he talks about him.

How autistic are you, on a scale of 1-10?

watched that interview where goose was talking about meeting him for the first time, fucking hysterical.

>not a virgin
Bormies b gone

~6? Interesting to see euro-autists can succeed. Here in 'Merriga, Refn would be a homeless person.

>lost virginity at 24

Ha ha w-what a loser! I bet he didn't even know how to put it in her bellybutton.

you forgot
>wears women's glasses

>saw a man bleed out in front of him and had no emotional response, only an new idea for a scene in The Neon Demon

>He's a compulsive liar.
>Has no neck.
FTFY

just watched only god forgives

dont know what to make of it honestly

was their mom fucking ryan gosling's brother?
did ryan gosling actually kill his dad? is that why he looks at his hands all weird, like he's guilty? is that why he has his hands cut off in the end?

>Truly /ourguy/

That video of the goose playing with his daughter while he just watches in envy is heartwrenching.

He's danish

im fucking triggered by these small faggots

FUCKING SHIT COUNTRY IM NEVER RETURNING

>>almost got to his now wife to run away on their second date because he told her he was going to show her a beautiful, emotional film and then forced her to watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Based kek

>>literally wears a towel when he's shooting a movie to keep his energy inside him or something

It's like a blanket. It was cute in that doc his wife shot when he gave Goose his very own blanket to wear while shooting Lost River.

underrated

those are the characteristics of a good man

>was their mom fucking ryan gosling's brother?
Yes.

>did ryan gosling actually kill his dad?
Yes.

>is that why he looks at his hands all weird, like he's guilty?
Yes. That's also why his hands are tied when he watches the prostitute etc.

>is that why he has his hands cut off in the end?
Yes.

so then i suppose the reason his brother wanted to fuck a 14 yr old girl, and the reason he was all psycho and killed the teenager, is because he lost his virginity to his milf mom?

>has all these obstacles
>still able to make kino

jkmn

I think it is exactly because of those obstacles he is a kino creator. Just like Tarantino. You have to have some autism.

Refn had relatives in the film industry, chances are you don't
He had a headstart

I was with him until liking Texas Chainsaw Massacre. What a shit taste.

>t. 2011 Drive poster

Fucboi

link pls

>headstart

A huge one.His father is a respected editor, mother and step-father are photographers and Von Trier is his relative if I remember correctly.

Nice trips.

But yeah, as said, he was born into Danish cinema royalty and got everything on a silver platter.

His father is an editor who's worked many times with Lars von Trier and is very respected in the Danish film industry and his mother is a cinematographer/photographer. He got to live in New York as a child (one side of the apartment got a view of WTC, the other of Empire State Building). His parents got him to American Academy of Dramatic Arts but he got expelled. Then his uncle gave him a job at his distribution company and that allowed him to travel around world's film festivals watching and buying films. He then got accepted to Danish Film School because of his father when he was like 23, but turned it down because he had the opportunity to make Pusher - he's the first and probably last to say "no" to the school because they only take in like 3 people every two years.

Also Not necessarily autism but you have to be weird and damaged someway to be an auteur filmmaker.

When he was 25, he was having ice cream with Elia Kazan in Stockholm, for fucks sake. He's like a Nordic version of Sofia Coppola. Don't feel too bad.

>kissed Elle

You're saying this like it's unusual.

Awww man, I didn't know Terry got in there.

Now she is forever soiled.

There's literally zero reason for us to feel bad for him or even feel relative.

>Passionate wannabe film-makers
vs
>A golden boy who born into the cinema who happens to be an autist

Refn you nigger!

wew lad

Is Sweden finished as a nation?

I don't know about damaged, the most specific language I can use for it is that you have to be an autistic thinker and being schizoid compliments it.

>schizoid

AKA damaged

>researchers had hypothesized that unloving, neglectful,[33] or excessively perfectionist[34] parenting could play a role

Also, the whole "didn't get attention from the girls and didn't have friends while Chad had both" thing Refn and Tarantino suffer from.

Like I said, you definitely need to be an autistic thinker and that doesn't mean damaged. Schizoid just compliments it and people who are the former frequently end up the latter, bad parenting or no.

Tarantino's dad left when he was little and he spent his childhood hearing his mom getting fucked by BBC on the other side of the wall and getting beat up by black kids at school.

Refn's parents got divorced and his stepmom "made his life a living hell" according to his interview on Danish television. He also said that his parents neglected him because of their careers and that he felt crushed when all his friends started getting girlfriends and social lives when he didn't.

Yeah, I'll still go with damaged.

What about all the New Hollywood auteurs who had pretty normal lives with girlfriends and large groups of friends they interacted with daily?

wow hes a wreck. t neet without highschool education

>Polanski
Jewish guy in Poland during WW2. Lost his pregnant mom at the camps, father came back changed. Lived in poverty and hunger in small villages. Then spent his youth in communist Poland.

>Scorsese
Asthma and other ailments basically locked him inside and his best friend was his family's television.

>Forman
Parents died at the camps.

Many of them were/are damaged in some way or another.

inspiring

You should put in that he claims that he couldn't read until he was 13.

vimeo.com/171721951

It was a bb gun or something.

Let's look at ones who aren't damaged

>George Lucas
many friends, many girlfriends, known eccentric with personal, messy syncretic theology

>John Milius
beach bum beatnik, vivacious and bravado, personal philosophy mix of right-wing Continentalism and Zen Buddhism

>Steven Spielberg
so normal there isn't anything interesting about him, polite to the point of creepy, master networker

>Abel Ferrara
perfectly normal life for a bohemian artist, has a bloody, melodramatic view of his Catholicism

The real common point is the autistic thinking, the damaged personality isn't present in all.

>damaged

His hands were his penis

Is Scorsese /ourguy/?

Swedish males confirmed for sluts.

Does anybody have the coconut photo?

Explain.

I thought it was this jewboy from Roseanne