My "friend" did something really dumb

my "friend" did something really dumb.
>has 3 years of highschool and no skills
>2 years of unempoyment/neet
>dad finds him job through "connections"
>janitor/labourer in some other town
>work for 4-5 months (9 hrs a day/6 days a week)
>texts me and other friends that it's very hard and he wants to die
>3500 kuna per month ($500)
>at the end has saved around 7000 kn ($1000)

He told us this yesterday, didn't see him for a long time:
>he knew some girl from Sweden through GMod
>sent pictures, she looked kind of similar to pic related but a bit uglier
>they didn't talk to her in a long time
>he went to airport with the $1000
>buys plane ticket for Sweden
>he didn't even fucking buy it like a week or so before
>costs like $500
>goes there and wants to surprise her
>texts her "I'm here!"
>he doesn't even know her adress or anything
>she obviously doesn't tell him where she lives
>he panics and demands that she "has to" let him stay at her (parents') place
>she blocks him
>he didn't book a hotel or hostel or Airbnb in advance
>he goes to some random hotel and books right than and there
>apparently didn't know that you need a fucking round trip ticket to get back to Croatia
>runs out of money so needs to beg parents to pay for plane ticket and hotel so that he can wait for the day when he can board
>comes back to Croatia not only without any money, but in fucking debt

Is it just me that I find this utterly dumb and crazy, or am I wrong?
I just nodded when I was hearing his story, like sure, it must be sad to get rejected by some girl, but going there uninvited and unannounced being this incompetent is fucking insane

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EFhaee9SM7w
njuskalo.hr/iznajmljivanje-stanova?locationId=1153
funda.nl/huur/gemeente-utrecht/
njuskalo.hr/iznajmljivanje-stanova?locationId=1153&roomCountId=187
24sata.hr/news/u-stanju-soka-zbog-1400-kn-prodali-su-mi-stan-u-koprivnici-514551
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's creepy. Is this real ?

Ps. How's possible to live with 500€ monthly?

probably wanted to escape from his shitty life

>How's possible to live with 500€ monthly?
Croatia

people live here with 230euros lmao

By not having inflated price levels?

Croazia is not so far from my city (Trieste), it's 2017, both in The EU and there are still these wage differences. So strange ... here you need MINIMUM 1200€ euros To have a decent normie life

i get around 2500 a month and it's like low middle class i think

What does housing and food cost then?

That's why i wrote minimum. Idk how can people live with

50€ rent in the city center of zagreb
bread is 3cent for a loaf

That's amazing desu. Almost unbelievable.

He lives in a commieblock 2 room apartment with his parents and older brother.

When he was working, his employer found him some shitty room

He says that it's stupid to live in the West since everything is "too expensive".
Doubt that many westerners have full time jobs and live with parents when they're 20 becauee "they can't afford to pay rent"...

Croatia has higher prices than you think.
It's not like everything is 3x cheaper, like how the wage is 3x lower, only some local food, beer, rent and restaurants are much cheaper.

Pic related are average prices of monthly rent for smaller apartments in Zagreb

>Tfw spaceships and palaces cost 0.0001 cent in eastern Europe

Idk in Finland but here average house rent cost from 600 to 1000 monthly depending by neighborhoods and dimensions

>Croatia has higher prices than you think.

I know, that's why I bring my own food for vacation :^)

Why didn't he take the train back there?

yeah, but outside-of-city-center Prague prices are insane
like 0.70 eur for a pint of beer in a pub

0:40 youtube.com/watch?v=EFhaee9SM7w

probably because he's memeing

look at here's the link if you're interested: njuskalo.hr/iznajmljivanje-stanova?locationId=1153

The cheapest appartment in my city is 730 euros. But most are around 850 to 1200 euros for rent.

But renting in the Netherlands is a bad idea. Because our housing prices almost always increase. And renting can be more expensive than buying.

funda.nl/huur/gemeente-utrecht/

The commieblocks of my city.

>But renting in the Netherlands is a bad idea.
>And renting can be more expensive than buying.
Yes, but not everyone has cash to just buy a flat, especially young people who are just moving out of parent's house.

You can get a 100% mortgage here if you have a permanent contract. Of 4,5 times your yearly wage.

I don't understand your question?

Croatia and Sweden are far away, and I don't know if there are trains from Zagreb to whatever city he went to.
I also wonder why he went straight to a hotel and not to something more affordable. Why he didn't book the plane ticket atleast a week or month before so that it's cheaper?
why he went there in the first place?

this is why I posted this here, I'm shocked aswell

yeah, but in Croatia, the rent is sometimes more than 50% of your wage. Also, employers sometimes don't pay every month, it's a problem here in the Balkans. If you complain, you're running the risk of getting fired.

This is why grown adults with full time jobs live with their parents.

check the link I posted do young adults really buy apartments?
this sounds insane to my balkanite brain

So you might need a gf if you want to buy.

How is 70 cent beer insane?

here, in Zagreb, I've never seen anything below 2 eur, even in shitty dive bars

In the coastal cities, the price is even higher.

even in the supermarket, there are no 70 cents beers.

>kat is dutch for cat
>you get 4 cats with your house
The prices do seem fairly comperable to here. Except the smaller price classes and one room appartments dont exist.

Once you find a partner you intend to stay with you usually bu here.

Because when you rent you give your money away. Instead of investing it in bricks.

one room apartment is 100-150 euros in novi sad
food price can vary

kat means floor. There's an option to translate the entire page in Chrome. You right click on an empty space and choose "Translate". It's not perfect, tho
here are some 1 room apartments (studio / garsonijera)
njuskalo.hr/iznajmljivanje-stanova?locationId=1153&roomCountId=187

toplel, is this why westerners tolerate their gfs sleeping with brownies and blacks?
If they break up, they'd still need to live there, or get "half"

>Ps. How's possible to live with 500€ monthly?
My familiy lives on with 150$ monthly lol

but that is only rent
you need 50-70 for the bills
mine cousin works for that money.,she has to carry food from her parents house

You just buy the house together. You dont share your bank account.

You usually open a shared bank account and each deposit some money each month for the bills. We're still sea jews.

70 cent is bit on the low side, normal price is about 1€ for 0,5l in a pub

If you are talking bottled, it's about 50 cent per bottle and you can return the bottle for money.

How long does it usually take to pay off the mortgage? Here it's usually between 10 and 30 years, with the bell curve frequency distribution depending on your income.

. 5 beer is 1-2.5e in pubs here

so did he smash or not in the end?

>2,5€

In tourist bars maybe but there is no way a common Joe would pay that for a beer.

its for imports

>that map

one childhood friend's parents had to sell their commieblock flat in our neighbourhood because they couldn't pay it off over several decades because of debt.

So now they all live in his grandma's 2 room apartment...

That's like the standard in coastal towns.

Man are simply stupid, especially when they have no experience with women, the good thing is that he probably learned his lesson and will try get some knowledge about women's mind. This happens all the time here in Brazil 2bqf.

Your country is fucking tiny though, you could just travel every day from your house to university and it would be cheaper than renting. Going from one side to another takes like 3 hours.

Of all the countries, it's fucking Spain that has us beat. Do they even make their own beer?

Same here.

>belgium

>ur gay, m8
it's not like you'd wake up at 4 am to wait for the train, travel for how many hours it takes, and then when class ends do it all again just so you can live with your parents

also, who says that your parents live far away from your uni

also, good luck being an adult living with parents (t. virgin)

>This happens all the time here in Brazil 2bqf
BraziliANOS spend all they earn to travel to some country to meet some girl they've met online?

For a small country, Czechia's beer reputation is quite impressive, tho

Does your country stretch over two continents? No?

We're huge mate.

I would've laughed my ass off and sent it to him as a voice note then call him a dumbass

>his country doesn't stretch over EVERY continent

wew Iad

to another country no, but to another state yes. I had a friend that was so stupid that actually bought an iphone with borrowed money to give to a girl like 3000 km away from him. Also I have another one that came from Natal, in the Northeast of Brazil to visit a girl in a favela in São Bernardo. She dumped him when she got here. Men are always hopeful for vagina and have a need for it, and women are the opposite, they want attention and have the need to feel special but not the need to have sex the same way as men but the need to have a real relationship and someone that they can trust. That is why men are easily duped everywhere across the globe and hence if the guy is smart he can actually fool the girl into trusting him and doing these things for him. It's simple both sexes thing differently the problem is when they can't dialogue between different mentalities, those that know the opposite sex are the ones that can fool the others

>didn't know that you need a fucking round trip ticket to get back to Croatia
>>runs out of money so needs to beg parents to pay for plane ticket and hotel so that he can wait for the day when he can board
>>comes back to Croatia not only without any money, but in fucking debt
why would you tell you this humiliating story? are you gay pals?

These look like my apartment except I pay literally 10x

wow, that sounds as desperate as my friend.

I've only seen this kind of shit in movies up until now, and ofcourse in movies they show it like it's not creepy at all, but very dedicated or whatever

you have a very interesting view on women though :^)

if I were, it still wouldn't be as gay as being an It*lian

he didn't plan for it properly. It seems like he didn't think this through.

hwat city?
pic related is the cheapest one I could find in mine (capital city Zagreb)

London

thanks for triggering my PTSD

>London

hwat happned, László?

Now i want to live in Czechia with these Beer prices

Ok but don't expect us to be friendly without beer

bump

can you tell me about Buttrio? What wage should I ask for a decent life in Italy?

Beer costs 5-8€ in a bar where I live, and sometimes it's only 0.4l

Nice place as all Friûl. As a region almost an independent state into the italian republic (luckily) with a buffer culture between balkans, Austria and North Italy. Good economy and if you have a decent non meme high school graduation or degree you can live very well. Oh very alchoolic people and slutty gurlz.

T. Half venetian half italian-istriot living in Trieste

>Half venetian half italian
>implying there is a difference

Same here unluckily

Venezia was a republic that lasted 1100 years and ruled the Sea for centuries. ''Italy'' is a meme country created by a french dinasty

Istriots btw are (were?) descendents of the venetian middle age settlers in the balkans (often mixed with slavs and magyars).

there's a company there, they just came to my college to recruit people
it's Danieli if that means anything to you

I heard they don't treat croats well (or non-italians in general), but it's better than this job i'm doing currently (worst thing i'm actually earning decent money for a student)

they say main benefit would be knowledge i'd get there, after that i could get a job anywhere in yurop.

also thinking about just trying to apply for germany, just finishing b1 deutsch, but I'm not really there

Danieli? Wow they pay their engineers high even for northern italian standards

The fact is that furlans aren't so different by you or the slovenes as appearence. Many of them have slavic ancestors

I understand and sympathise with him, recently a street fundraiser flagged me down on the street and asked me if I was 21. I said no but I went on to tell her my entire life story.
Once there was a woman walking away from asda, asked me if I could spare 2 quid. I thought it was for a trolley or parking but I didn't even ask what it was for at the time, I just handed it over. Barely any money I know but if she had asked me for £50 I would've given her as much as I had on me at the time, just because it was nice to see her smile in person, hear her voice in person.
>Doubt that many westerners have full time jobs and live with parents when they're 20 becauee "they can't afford to pay rent"...
I'm 19 and I've done this for a year without working or attending education/training.

they have company in istria (systec), usually you'd have to work for this company first, then you'd think about working for danieli in italy. that takes years

but it seems automation engineers are in high demand, i doubt they could take me right from college since i'm not some genius, but i doubt it

i'll try it though, current job is sitting on my ass in office, fuck this shit, i want to be real engineer

>tfw today met a guy who worked in office for 3 years in capital, then said fuck it and is now working in field

also, i don't care about haplos or how slavic people are, just no gypsies and I'm fine. anyways, i'd probably be traveling around the world doing projects for danieli, not really spending time in italy

wow, dude ur liek suuuuch a nice person

>>I'm 19 and I've done this for a year without working or attending education/training.

>on Sup Forums
>neet
what a surprise

what are you studying? metalurgy or something?

>>there's a company there, they just came to my college to recruit people
>>I heard they don't treat croats well

m8, if they went to a non-italian eastern euro college, they're looking for cheaper labour

>>worst thing i'm actually earning decent money for a student
hate how many students here think working while in uni is beneath them or something, props user

electrical engineering, specializing in automation and electrical drives

also i'm working as a student for a company which is also doing automations, but it's boring ass shit office job

>mfw today had to give a lecture to 8 people about how to program controllers
>mfw I'm a student with no real field experience
>mfw there's a 60 y.o. guy there with shitload of experience
>mfw there's a managing engineer there
>mfw there an owner there

seriously, fuck this shit, how am i supposed to have an authority as a lecturer in such a class

>It seems like he didn't think this through.

what? are you still doing your bachelor's or something else?

TVZ or Fer?

I thought most student young adults in Croatia barely get any work aside from stacking shelves or warehouse shit. You actually sound like you're succeeding in life

gr8 on u m8

I don't know what he was thinking. I didn't think that he was that unaware.
He always complains how "poor" he is, yet he does shit like this.

masters, fer, currently in desperation how my thesis isn't really progressing
thinking about jumping for kebab atm at importanne

>I thought most student young adults in Croatia barely get any work aside from stacking shelves or warehouse shit. You actually sound like you're succeeding in life

I had to do that for a year, when my drunkand father died, left us indebted, legalizacija of house unfinished,sister dropped out of hs and was unemployed and i struggled with a depression and fucked up few years at college

it was really a nice time, if anything i know that life is a marathon, it's important to go on

but yeah, i think i've had it with this company, if i had decent life i might've stayed here, but i'll go for sailor mode next few years, do my tereni for 9/12 of the year and earn myself a flat in zagreb or zadar, depends what i feel i want to do

When i was in Croatia i pretty much could wipe my arse with the Kuna. The exchange rate from AUSD to Kuna along with everything being piss cheap in Croatia lead me to live the life of a borderline king, and i fucking stack shelves and study back home.

Why are Croatians such poor cunts?

t. Half croat diaspora

If you dont work in Germany, have family in right place or are not highly educated in STEM you might as well kill yourself here

>Half croat diaspora
>I'm half english and look like a shitskin
aha

sorry to hear what happened to your senpai. Props for wearing big boi pants and not fucking up your life 2bh

>thinking about jumping for kebab atm at importanne
I ate one today from an albo place in središče trg

>earn myself a flat in zagreb or zadar, depends what i feel i want to do

buying a flat in Croatia is a mistake.
24sata.hr/news/u-stanju-soka-zbog-1400-kn-prodali-su-mi-stan-u-koprivnici-514551

omg I fucking hate Australian-"""croatians"""
the minimum wage in Oz land is $20/hr
In croatia it's FUCKING TWO DOLLARS AN HOUR YOU KANGAROO FUCKING CUNT

my poor friend worked 3 months over the summer in some warehouse
it was a ""student job""

>tfw he worked 8 hrs a day/6 days a week
>tfw earned 1500 kuna a month
>tfw fucked up his back

his mom also worked at a warehouse for like 20 years
she got a stroke from overworking at the warehouse AND GOT FIRED FOR NOT GOING TO WORK EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS HOSPITALIZED

I tipped most people that served me 10 kuna, thats like fucking heaps for the average Croat and piss all for me

Jokes on you cunt im as Aussie as it gets and am blessed with a GOAT Anglo last name and Chad tier aesthetics, nothing personal, kiddo

I make $26/h Nightfill at Woolworths, i do 5 days a week and 5 hours 9 - 2am, i make about $800 due to penalty rates, eat shit you subhuman sl*v shit

>Woolworths
Thought they closed down aha
>blessed with a GOAT Anglo last name
mind sharing it la'

>to your senpai
to your f.a.m*

no-one tips servers here, tho

>eat shit you subhuman sl*v shit
so you're half-shit then?

how can you even pay rent with that shit?y

Your friend is retard.
I worked "srudent job" during summer selling ice cream, and earned 5500 kuna + tips + money I stole (thought I worked my ass off 2 months every day 10 hours)
Or more likely you are lying

Not really, bartenders get at least 500 kuna from tips daily during summer if they dont work at complete shithole

>proud that he works in supermarket

that's autism on whole antoher level

he worked for e-kupi. Most people worked for a couple of weeks, because they wanted a bit of money before going on vacay with parents.

I would never lie on a Bangladeshi basketweaving imageboard

>all these (You)'s from slavshits
Thank god im half Anglo aha, need to find me an Anglo lass to bread the rest of the Cr*at out of me aha lads

this is some real brainlet level thinking

no wonder that part of europe is so backwards compared to the other parts

What the fuck is wrong with some people?
But I like how many balkanites seem to be believe
>go to western europe
>you will get money somehow
It sadly doesn't work like that.

Nah la, Woolworths in Aus/NZ isnt affiliated with the ones in Uk/SA

>no one tips servers
Yeah because you're all poor as fuck, and people like me that work a piss easy job stacking shelves in Australia can live in ease in your cunt

Dont forget Nikola, when im chilling at my own pace stacking shelves for $26 buckaroo's you're working your "high end" job earning a measly 5 bucks an hour

I dont know what he was working there but it is literally half of legally minimum vage, so he either wasnt working legally or worked for 2 weeks.

Not really, most of people who go to west are just fed up with low wage on some shitty unsecure job and go there to work their ass off (I speak for Croatia).

>be Croatian
>1 kuna cant even buy you 1 kurva
AHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A FUCKING SHITHOLE

ah that famous Australian banter, what great sense of humor you have there
heres one (you)

>being this ashamed of yourself

yeah, people usually criticize the balkanite mentality and way of thinking.
Imo it reminds me of how gypsies spend all their money on jewlery and expensive clothing just because they have money atm.

This is also why many people here get into so much debt that they end up getting forced out of their flats.

might be that he sometimes would take days off, they were lax about that.
Might be that his shite piss poor family asked him to pay bills, give his brother money for things, etc.

how low is your self-esteem irl?

Lol your friend is a dumb fuck, he should have stayed in Sweden and said he was a rapefugee, they would give him free housing, money and a Swedish qt

>250 Euro
>25 m2
lel, I was living in a 32m2 apartment in Germany for 250 Euro
get out with your moon prices

>just fed up with low wage on some shitty unsecure job and go there to work their ass off (I speak for Croatia).
this is the same for all of you gruel slurping eastern european countries doesn't differ at all

>here you need MINIMUM 1200€ euros To have a decent normie life
>2500 a month and it's like low middle class i think

...at least we have nukes. R-right?

I thought croatians were quite pale people

>my "friend"
Sure....

>

Nah I saw that croatian boxer and his skin was as pale as the average anglos