That's another career dead

that's another career dead

i'd give it a 2/5 desu, even liked beck's new album more than it(and that's like beck's worst album)

>Masseducation
>Mmm, ass

I doubt that career is dead. In fact, it's probably better than ever.

Masseduction does confirm my prediction that St. Vincent's quality would take a dive after Strange Mercy. She realized that it was less effort to act weird and pretend to be an interesting person than it was to make interesting music.

Good good album, New York was the only song that wasn't very good

I bet she is in a hotel room crying somewhere

he can't keep getting away with it

So was it better than s/t?

>that album cover
Women literally can't resist objectifying themselves. Even the most hardcore feminists can't resist compulsively taking nudes of themselves or posting provocative pics on instagram.

she's clearly not black enough.

That's pretty depressing to think about, nice one

'm sorry, but did Annie already retire? Oh, that's right. That score isn't even bad. In fact, it's only a 7.6. Does having less than a 9 count as a career-ender? Is that what you're saying? Because if you're saying that I can assure you that you're wrong. Why would you make this topic when the music is still on? Annie is still playing right now and she has been the best artist in her field for how many years now? You're quoting one of the worst reviewers on Earth who just happen to have a bad opinion because they're feeding off the energy of getting clicks. But you know what? They still fucking suck. Annie one of the best fucking artists in the world, she got to #12 on the charts last album and would of won a grammy if she was black. Maybe you should shut the fuck up before you make retarded topics like this. You know why? Because you're going to be embarrassed when Annie is redeemed and someone bumps this topic. Oh look at that, Fantano just made a video. Are you a fucking drunk? Are you retarded? Are you autistic? You are a fucking idiot and you should never make a topic on this board again and I'm fucking serious. I almost have a feeling you're the only guy making all these anti-Annie topics because you're a faggot hater who doesn't like an artist because they're good. Fuck you, be good at something in YOUR life and then maybe try to troll these fucking artists on the board, like I give a fuck. It's so easy to spot out your threads now, you're a retard. Always doing stupid shit like this. Why don't you try to be a good poster? Just for once? For once in your fucking life try not to make a topic like this. That's just you, you're always right at getting it wrong. Fuck you. You are nothing.

>Strange Mercy posters

I hate women

It's not her ass.

That's because women are beautiful

They don't like you either

I love shitposts like these

How do you know?

Masseducation is worse than S/T, but S/T was also pretty ho-hum.

Even some of the ugliest women on earth take nudes (pic extremely related). It may not be a conscious thing, but It's mostly because it reflects their value as a potential mate.

S/T isnt even bad in the slightest, its definitely not her best but its very consistent and has some pretty creative pop tunes. Her quality dived right after making Marry Me because it's on a completely different level in comparison to everything that came after. Masseduction feels like a worse S/T however.

Forgot pic

I feel like you've missed a point here

fag-got

We're all just memeing about 7.6 being a bad rating right? Right?

the leopard-print was meant to look like a capital M, standing for Masseduction, so at least there's a double meaning. it's not just "ass"

A 9.1 on Metacritic compared to a 7.6 on Pitchfork is a pretty big difference, for whatever it's worth

suuuure.

pitchfork no longer has the power to make or break an artist's career or even an album cycle

however this record has been performing very poorly from the first single onward and that's not pitchfork's fault

it's a mix of 2 things

1. her label, loma vista, switched distributors after the release of her self-titled album. at that time, the label was more like a major label imprint and less like an indie. distribution is very important when it comes to getting in stores and on streaming playlists, and it factors into radio and press as well. the distributor loma vista is using now is inferior and would underperform compared to the self-titled no matter how good it was.

2. the album is a deliberate attempt to reach out to new fans and to capitalize on the higher awareness she now enjoys amongst the general public because of her high profile celebrity relationships. she hired a pop producer and a pop visual artist to create a look and sound that would be able to carry her songs to a new audience. unfortunately, her label is not capable of reaching new listeners, indie labels tend to do best when they're preaching to the choir. artists like the national and father john misty that have a clear, easily identifiable audience that goes to shows and buys records reliably and consistently do best on indie labels. artists who have a more pop edge and need to get on radio or into the mainstream pop culture conversation in other ways need to be on majors. annie tried to make a move that her team and infrastructure could not support. had she written a monster top 40 pop hit, she would still be struggling because only a major can get an artist through that bottleneck.

looks like a struggle so far but not pitchfork's fault. they probably just see the writing on the wall.

owned

no1curr what bitchfork has to say about anything its 2017 society & not 2004 get over it nerds

album is a classic. bitchfork will re-review it when they come to their senses & give it best new reissue some years ahead that is unless their failing music review site hasn't crumbled by then

>"like I give a fuck"
>this post

lol makes it seem like this album was created in a boardroom and tbqh it sounds like it too, very mass-produced "muh modern" vibe

jake antonoff is a very generic producer and his music exists in a weird zone where it's too basic and poppy to seem edgy or alternative but not catchy or current sounding enough to be on the radio

he just gets a lot of work because he's dating lenna dunham very publicly so women will hire him because they assume there is absolutely no way lenna dunham's boyfriend will hit on them and make things weird in the studio

for the most part he's not a creep but he did fuck lorde

lenna is really mad about it but he convinced her polyamory was the answer and she tolerates his trysts despite insisting that the public cannot know

lenna dunham cuck confirmed

I mean some of it does feel like b sides from S/T but I liked it overall

New York is great what are you talking about

every beck album is beck's worst album

>masseduction
>not masseducation
Please explain.

the production sounds somewhat bizarre. it's like a smart, fairly talented producer without any experience in top-40 music taking his very first stab at producing that style and being forced to release his first attempts without being able to revise them

in other words it basically sounds the exact way that guy looks

autism

accurate. jake antonoff doesn't really have any experience making shiny top 40 dance pop. he agonized over the songs on melodrama that had dance beats because he cannot figure out how to make that kind of music and needs to bring in outside producers in order to get there.

annie chose poorly when selecting a producer to help her make the kind of music she was trying to make.

It's not her ass, it's some standin models ass. But that's only because she's old and her ass would look odd. It's implied it is her body, and yes she is objectifying herself to sell music instead of making interesting music like she did.
Compare the aesthetic of this album to pic related. One is an attempt at music that stands on its own, the other is trash that needs to be actively sold.
The fact that her own ass isn't good enough to sell it is delicious irony.

He needs to fuck off after turning Lorde into boring house imitation

>people that say both this and S/T sound like top 40 music
I don't get that from them. It doesn't strike me as that much poppier than some stuff on Actor or SM. I am kind of disappointed that she was saying she was producing this herself but then almost every song has a co-writer and co-producer though. The end result is pretty good though so I can't really complain too much.

I'm really tired of some of you here always bring up this on these threads. Discuss the album itself, not the cover.

i like the way you think

Marry Me is still my favorite album of hers. Every song on it is borderline perfect.

mASSeducation
get it now? because ass on cover

7.6 is a pretty decent rating for pitchfork, I don't see what the big deal is..

god the opening track is so fun and wonderful

makes me so full of JOY