Hey Sup Forums. I'm a cell phone repair technician that works on Samsung, HTC, Sony, Pixel, Nokia...

Hey Sup Forums. I'm a cell phone repair technician that works on Samsung, HTC, Sony, Pixel, Nokia, and Huawei smartphones. Ask me anything about cell phone hardware, repairs, or anything in general.

Pic was my latest repair. It was a Samsung Galaxy S7 with a broken camera. It's dead at my booth now, so I'm doing this AMA.

Bump

bump

Post nudes you've swopped off the phone.

How much would I cost to get a screen replaced? It is still touch sensitive, and everything works but it won't display anything

Know anything about Chinese brand phones?
My Oukitel phone's screen stopped working last week, can't be fucked to buy a new phone.

Ever used this pickup line:
>"Gurl, you turn my software into hardware..."

How do I swap out the battery in a P8 Lite 2015 without tearing the antennas

It depends on the phone. I've done a few screen replacements for Galaxy S6's and they're fairly expensive. The display itself is $150 and the labor would probably cost $50. They are incredibly difficult to repair on some phones because the manufacturers don't want people to try it themselves.

i have a really old samsung that i have access to debug menu on. what is pim sync and how do i make it stop asking me to do it while roaming (i am not roaming)

Every day of my life.

Its a galaxy s4

I've never repaired one but I'm assuming there is a trick to it. Look it up on youtube. Otherwise, I'd just tell you to bring it to a cell phone repair store.

It's a type of backup for your phone. I'm not sure how to disable it.

Then it might be better just to buy a new phone.

I've never heard of or repaired this phone. I'd suggest looking it up online or finding a store that repairs those. It might be difficult and expensive.

give it back jamal

I know you don't list LG in the brands list but I still have a question for you (not really related to repair)

I plan on buying a new cellphone and don't want to pay $1000 for an unlocked one so I want to buy a LG V20. I plan on using it mostly for call, picture and music. Since people tell me that the v20-30 have a good integrated DAC the phone really picked my curiosity.

Do you have any advice or argument against the phone ?

I don't look for nudes because I'm not a perv.

breaking into encrypted phones with secret backdoor.

It's a very solid phone for the price. It feels light and cheap, but it had some decent specs. I would much rather spend a little more and go for a refurbed Galaxy S7. Those things are absolute tanks. Make sure you buy from a good seller or you will get screwed over.

My messaging app is running slow when i talk to one specific person, any reason user?

That's pretty unusual. I would try restarting your phone, checking for any software updates, and clearing some storage from your phone.

Mhmmmmmm being stingy not sharing your stash

What do you think about the oneplus phones? I'm a big fan of my oneplus 3 I picked up a couple months ago.

I love them. The price is great and the phones are really high quality. Oneplus never ceases to amaze me with their quality.

My s6 does this shit where every now and then it will get overheated and freeze for a moment before rebooting itself. Why is this? I ruled out third party apps because it also did it in safe mode. I've had it for a year.

I used to have an S6 and it would also heat up. It would never shut down though. It's normal for this to happen while fast charging, but not from regular use. You should bring it to a repair shop or to your service provider and claim it's a safety issue. They might give you a replacement if you ask nicely.

Sometimes I dream about how much money I could get if it would just get hot enough to catch on fire in my pocket just once.

I have am S8+ and I got a few scratches in the screen. Nothing deep, can they be buffed out or is it even worth trying?

Good luck trying to prove that it was your phone. Most of the Note 7 cases were turned down because they didn't have any proof other than a burnt phone.

They can't be buffed out. A screen protector would prevent future scratches and would also make the scratches invisible.

You are full of shit

This is more of a software issue on Android, but how do I use an NTFS or exFAT formatted drive on Android, without root or paying for an addon for Total Commander?

i'm also a phone technician, and i will always watch people's pictures whenever i have to ask for a password
usually i ask for password if i need to do a soldering job or something involving going in the phone to test it
i don't ask for a password for a screen replacement for instance

Heard Oneplus phones are shit in the vendor support category though. Customer service was abysmal from some reviews and them not supporting their flagships for more than a year.

I have no idea. I'm not heavily involved in software. I'd suggest asking on some android forums or whatever.

Should I replace the battery in my S6 Edge or should I just get a new phone? I would like to keep using it because it has the IR blaster so I can control my TV

My place has a strict privacy policy. I also have no interest in looking through a strangers pictures. I would feel too guilty.

In my country only Arabs and losers open repair stores. They watch a repair video on YouTube and try their luck. Which of those are you faggot?

I have a question.. I got a S6 Edge Plus that fell out of my pocket during biking. Both front and back is fucked up shattered. Phone still starts up but needs a complete new touchscreen and back + camera. Worth doing anything with this piece of shit or shall i throw in trash?

If the IR blaster is really important, then yes, you should replace the battery. Otherwise, I can recommend the S7, S8, or even waiting a bit for the S9. They all have familiar software and I'm sure you would like any of them. S7s are really cheap right now for some reason.

Use it as a vibrator, that's what I do with all the ones I cannot repair

How difficult is it to replace the battery on a scale from 1-10?

If you can, make a backup of contacts and files. I use a PC app called visor to use my PC as a the phone screen. After you made a backup, sell the broken phone on ebay for parts and use that money to buy a new phone. S6s are old and slow. Cell phone repair places like me love to buy broken phones because lots can be salvaged and used in future repairs. I would recommend selling it for around $50. Any more and no one would buy it.

>
>How difficult is it to replace the battery on a scale from 1-10?
Did you use your mom's vibrator to long faggot? Just twist the bottom and replace, it's not that hard

It's not difficult if you take your time and do lots of prep work. Using the right tools will also help tremendously. I'd say it's a 4/10.

let me guess

you are one of the following:

turkish
afghan
indian
moroccan

come on some nudes are always satisfying
i'm in london and i even had nudes of a singer who was famous in the 90s
and i have 2 non nudes pics of monica belluci from a make up artist phone
i also have personnal pictures of a music group who is half famous here
i'm repairing phones since 4 years

Thanks based phone user

toothpase, plain white toothpase mate

put a lil dab on the screen and polish with a cloth, does wonders

>
>come on some nudes are always satisfying
>i'm in london and i even had nudes of a singer who was famous in the 90s
>and i have 2 non nudes pics of monica belluci from a make up artist phone
>i also have personnal pictures of a music group who is half famous here
>i'm repairing phones since 4 years
It's not halal m8

Actually I'm Jewish

How do you get trained for that job?

How much do you make?

How much would it cost to repair the screen on a Samsung J7?

I'm sure your mother is very proud of your stolen nudes.

so i kind of know that huawei phones have some kind of little botnet,though i'm curious if rooting thme solves the problem?

be careful it is not that easy
for some reason samsung use strong double sided tape to stick the battery to a plate wich is directly stuck on the lcd
and they don't use those easy removing tabs to pull
so be aware not to put any tool too far and never pry the battery touching the back of the frame
samsung technicians officially use a heating chamber to soften the tape, but don't use any heating if you don't know the temp, the battery can explode

why the fuck are you repairing phones shouldnt you be doing taxes or some shit

>
>Actually I'm Jewish
Hahahahahahaha, we got middle eastern right. Buy cheap Chinese knock off parts, watch YouTube tutorials, rip people off. That's some middle eastern behaviour right there, but at least your not the suicidal one but just the parasitic one

Yeah I've never found a place that's even heard of the brand so nowhere will touch it to fix it.
It only cost £140 and would probably cost close to that to get fixed... might as well just buy a new one.
Thanks anyway fam.

usually i just watch on the phone
if i have to backup phones for some reasons, the pictures remains in my work computer and i never shared them

Thanks for the advice

I had 1 month of paid training. During that, I learned how to use the tools and take apart phones. I learned how to repair tons of phone that have come out in the past few years. We used broken phones to practice on, and some were really tricky. After learning how to repair them, I had to learn about customer service. For a few days, I was shadowing one of the repairers and he taught me a lot about giving technical advice and how to convince people that they should pay for their phone to be repaired. It was really interesting how he could convince anyone to get their phone repaired, even for a hefty price.

I make $10/hour plus 15% of the repair price. It's very decent especially on busy days.

The J7s are pretty easy to fix. The screen itself is $40 and the tools are about $10 (for all of them). I recommend looking up a video on how to do it because there are a lot of things to be careful about.

Rooting them won't fix it but there are patches you can install that block the botnet.

>hurr durr privacy policy and guilt
Don't be a fucking pussy, no one will know or find out

I was a doctor but it was too easy.

How hard is it to replace a battery on a Nexus 6P?

It was actually the other way around for me. I've was repairing phones in Turkey, and I am white as titanium dioxide nanoparticles. It was too easy so I had 8 paid hours training as a surgeon and seven minutes patient care training. Now I'm the general surgeon in Turkey. Pay is descent, not like phone repairing but it's a calling

6Ps are easy to replace, but the adhesive is the strongest on any phone I've repaired. You would need a hair dryer or preferably a heat gun before even attempting it. The battery pops out easily once the back is off, but once again, the adhesive is really strong so be careful.

Root for j327a

did you ever tried to replace the glass back of an iphone 8+?
that is the strongest glue, you have to change the frame

How do I fix a broken screen? It's just some cracks in the corner of the screen. Should I change the entire screen or is there some better alternative?

That's exactly why my shop doesn't even touch iPhones. They are so hard to repair and they are getting even harder. The parts are also astronomically expensive which pushes away customers. We just unanimously decided to avoid them and we instead refer them to another shop (there people refer android people to our shop).

Screen replacement vary by phone, but as a rule of thumb, don't replace a screen unless the display isn't working, or if shards of glass are falling out. It's a very expensive replacement on certain phones.

OP, I’ll have you know it’s easy.

>iphone repairer in aus

Google it. It's apparently really easy.

Well when you're talking about iPhone 4s :P. We used to repair old iPhones (6 and below) but then we just stopped altogether.

How should I fix the cracks in the corner of my screen? The phone is working just fine.

Where do you get repair schematics for phones?

I did google j327a root and got jack shit

>takes a picture of an old iPhone

>picture doesn't even confirm your point that they're easy to repair

Stupid fucking prisoner. I hate Australians so much

XDA forums fam. I had mine rooted for a day before I reset it.

We have a company that makes videos on how to repair EVERY phone and we pay them a certain amount of money per month to have access to the videos. I don't know what it's called but it makes the repairs easy to follow.

From 4 to 8+ here, janky but the people here drop them or a spider starts to eat the phone.

If they drop them, don't they fall into the sun? You guys are upside down, right?

nigga, please.

i do have previous work. this was an on site repair, netted me $120

heavily modified, have magnets in them so they stay close to the earth but easy to handle.

How much was that cover then?

Lol I bet you work at an iCrack or something.

ifixit makes them available to everyone, and does teardowns and sells parts.

(not sponsored)

fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccckkkkkkkkk you.
>changed business name
>reverse image searched i guess?

if you mean the screen assembly, sets me back fuck all at $30 for a locally sold one.

Just searched XDA still jack shit

Now that I think about it, it might be iFixit. And yes, I did do reverse image search :)

Is it possible to install a hardware switch to physically disconnect the GSM and Wifi modules when you dont want to be tracked? Also can those still be active when the phone is off?

How can I tell if a Samsung has a C4 component?

Not bad. Figured parts for iPhone would push past 50 bucks

Bruh literally the first fucking link. How dumb are you?

Just noticed you said j327a, so I'm the retard.

yeah it's AT&T and they cuck their phones making it almost impossible to root. AT&T also sucks ass, so i recommend you switch carriers.

Thats for boost moble j327p!! not att j327a

It would be possible, but very difficult. You'd have to know exactly what you're doing before you even attempt it.

easy, proper tools and do the glass, or just buy a cheap kit off ebay. if it does well, then its worth the no dollars you spent.

ayyyyyy, free advertising really. no use with the address, moving in a week or so to a larger place.
>i use their tools, havent let me down yet!

iphone 8+ screen assemblies with only the lcd/digi/glass are $45, most id pay from them really.

no, and not if its a removable battery, just to be on the safe side :^)

get a galaxy, optimus, some mainstream phone with root support.

what the fuck do carriers in america still simcuck their phones??

thought that was some t-mobile 2002 shit