I have a problem with looking people in the eyes

I have a problem with looking people in the eyes.
They say the eye is the door to the soul right. Its the key to keeping a conversation interesting. Looking your chat partner in the eye gives him or her a insight into what you want to tell.

Problem is i have it very difficult keeping eye contact. I always feel like im threatened. kinda like when your looking at a dog the dog will instinctively get aggresive.

Thats kinda who i am. Ether i will want the conversation to end or ill look away. All my ex'es has had a problem with me not looking them in the eye. My professors and teachers always point me out in class as the kid not paying attention just because im not looking them in the eye and just looking down on the table or something else.

Sup Forums any ideas on how to fix this. I dont have any social anxiety. Its just that im not comfortable looking people in the eye while talking or lisening.

I can't look anyone it the eye too

Feels like I'm looking into their soul. And I'm bad with facial expressions, some say I have no facial expressions

Its not really the facials expressions that make me not wanna loook people in the eye its just that i feel like im threatened or like im being judged. and the judged part maybe falls into the facial expressions for you.

Not being able to look people in the eyes and it sometimes even being considered painful is a sign of autism

Same here. I will generally try to make eye contact if it's a new person who might be important to make a good impression on. But after a while I just give up and avoid eye contact at all costs.

Looking another person in the eyes is like looking at a nail being torn off, it causes me real physical and mental discomfort.

i dont have autisim. Nor do i have any mental illnesses.

You do if a part of vital human communication scares you.
You're lucky you have internet and people who tell what's wrong with you so you can fix that. Think about the people who never got out of a situation like yours because they did not have the opportunity you do. Fix your shit man, it might take weeks or months or only a few practice attempts who knows. But fix. Your. Shit. You god damned autist. Prove me your not one you rusty molded shoe sniffin mother fucker.

Avoiding eye contact is on of the signs of autism yes. But it could also just mean that you were bullied in school or something and were conditioned to avoid eye contact to save you a beating or two.
I've been to several therapists, I've yet to receive a diagnosis for anything.

im not scared of looking people in the eyes. I'ts just that prolonged eye contact is just uncomfortable. I want to " fix my shit " but i definitely do not have autisim. I am not socialy awkward and im not bad at making friends.

i was bullied in school yeah but it was never physical. i was a pretty big and strong kid growing up. Its just that i was raised by my parents to be a pussy pretty much. " oh if you get into a fight there is no shame in running " which i never did. But their message of using your " strenght " responsibly. really got to me and thats pretty much who i was as a kid. i pretty much never fought and just let the bullying die out and didint give any attention to it.

This is an eye rate thread now

Eye contact is the easy. Dont look them directly in the eyes, look at the bridge of their nose instead. They won't notice that you're looking at their nose and they will think you're staring into their eyes. And because you wont be staring into their eyes, it'll make it easier for you to gain that confidence. I used to be the same way until I stopped giving a fuck.

I used to think people would be aggressive for eye contact too. But the reality is the only people who get aggressive over eye contact are just insecure tards who try to find any excuse to fight and prove themselves of whatever. But why fear faggots like that? Dont worry, OP.

thanks for the advice man. just started reading some articles and they say the same stuff like if you feel awkward or threatened just start looking into their nose instead. From their view your looking into their eyes but in reality your looking at their nose.

nice eyes.

It works like a charm. Honestly, it wont feel like its working at first, but give it time. I did the nose thing too, and after a while it made me feel confident enough to actually look at their eyes. Now I do it so easily and effortlessly.

I also had an issue with keeping my head up. I would walk facing down, and I know that made me look weak and insecure, but now I walk with my back straight and my chin up and I've never felt better. It helps with your posture too. It's amazing how practicing eye contanct helps with your confidence as a whole.

sounds like its the cure for all my social problems like posture head position etc etc. I'll try your tip and the other ones i just read.

Thanks for the help user god bless.

It's natural to some extent. Eye contact is abrasive to the that primordial mammalian instinct we all have. In the natural world it's considered an act of challenging another. Do some research on primate behavior and you'll see what I'm talking about.

But in modern society, if you can't maintain eye contact without spilling your spaghetti you're probably socially autistic or schiz or something.

Man i can look someone in the eyes for about 5 seconds then it just feels weird as fuck, also being stared at by multiple people freaks me the fuck out help

Absolutely, you're welcome, m8. Good luck on your journey!

read the tips mentioned above. If you try those and still get freaked out check em physiatrist's.

There is no shame in doing that. But i should probably not speak about this subject like a expert on the matter. but yeah just read the tips mentioned.

Does this image make anyone else uncomfortable as fuck?

I seen worse

Watch Shutter island. Into eyes freaked me out

>pic related

unfortunately pic not

> related