Some non partisan facts:

Some non partisan facts:
* The President is a Republican.
* The House is controlled by Republicans.
* The Senate is controlled by Republicans.
* Republicans determine what bills come to the floor for a vote.
* The Children's Health Insurance Program expired in Sept 2017.
* The GOP House and Senate never brought a bill to the floor to vote on extending it. Not once.
* President Trump, via executive order, revoked DACA protections several months ago. He gave Congress a deadline to fix the problem that he created completely on his own.
* Congress failed to come up with a solution to the President's unprovoked actions.
* Congress, which is run by Republicans, failed to address DACA, failed to address CHIP, and failed to address the budget, leaving essential government personnel, including the military, forced to function under months of a CR - continuing resolutions.
* The President, who is a Republican, failed to outline ANY type of position on... well, anything... besides tax cuts for rich folks and corporations.
* Today is the one year anniversary of Donald J. Trump being inaugurated. It is also the first time in American history that the government has shut down when one party has controlled all branches of government simultaneously.

No crazy pills. Just facts.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.soundcloud.com/crazedh/buried-and-gone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Implying we want dreamers to stay in our country. I really really really hope they don't reach a deal user

you know theres a board to discuss Sup Forumsitics right?

There is no 'discussion' there. If you disagree with /po/ then you are dismissed as a Shareblue shill and Trump is playing 4D chess and only pretending to be retarded

*Sup Forums even. I've not tried discussion on the origami board

Most americans are cool with Dreamers, plus they were born here. You can't just drop them (some of whom are US police officers) off in some country they've never been to before.

Actual facts:

* The Senate Democrats filibustered the funding bill to keep the government running, even though it included funding CHIP for 6 fucking years, and everything else they asked for EXCEPT amnesty for illegals
* It takes 60 votes to overcome a filibuster
* There are 51 Republicans in the Senate
* They got 50 votes, with 92% of Republicans voting for and 90% of Democrats voting against

further

* DACA is illegal, and its sister act DAPA had just been knocked down by the first federal court to hear a case against it
* DACA doesn't expire until March, leaving weeks to fix it
* The federal government's funds, including CHIP, ran out at midnight

90% Democrats literally voted to shut the government down, including cutting health insurance for 9 million children covered by CHIP, because Trump wouldn't amnesty some illegal aliens

You can shill all you like, but you can't beat the math.

>* The GOP House and Senate never brought a bill to the floor to vote on extending it. Not once.

except last night, when the GOP House voted to fund it for 6 years, and the Democrats filibustered it in the Senate so it's now out of money

ggez

We do.

They took something that both Dems and Reps wanted and glued it on top of something that Dems DO NOT WANT (us throwing taxpayer money at a stupid wall). Selective memory there, my friend.

No. Dreamers were minors brought here. If you are born here, you are a citizen. Google anchor babies faggot

>Most americans are cool with Dreamers, plus they were born here.

The so-called "Dreamers" were NOT born here. Those affected by the Delayed Action for Childhood Arrivals were brought here by adults when they were minors. They are still illegal aliens, but did not come here on their own volition, so they had no "intent" to violate US immigration law.

Alternative fake news facts that mean nothing.

This user knows what he's talking about. Fuck off OP.

Oh and calling them "dreamers" was following with the grand democrat convention of "super positive names for fucked up things so people can't bring themselves to oppose them" itcs the same tradition that brought us the "patriot" act and the "affordable" care act.

Thank you for the correction. I'll admit I got that part wrong. Everything else in my statement still applies though.

There's nothing about the wall in the House bill. You're either a shill or being lied to. The only thing that's NOT in there is an amnesty bill for DACA, which by the way the Democrats did not even put up for a vote.

>doesn't know basic civics

Point out one thing that isn't 100% true.

They wanted a clean DACA bill. They've been asking for it. Heck, you hear them asking for it on that famed televised meeting with Trump said he said he'd sign whatever bill Democrats and Republicans agree on. He lied. He didn't sign it and here we are.

This. "Dreamers" fuel chain migration, they're not worth the trouble and we need tighter control over this situation, not more exceptions and easy ways in.

>non-partisan facts
>uses the word "failed" over and over again
Just because they aren't doing what you want to have done doesn't mean that they have "failed" to do it. Failure would come about if they actually TRIED to do it and FAILED. Instead, they just say fuck it and move on because it isn't part of their agenda.

Nice try faggot.

Death to Jews

m.soundcloud.com/crazedh/buried-and-gone

We're all waiting for his response.

Fine. Ban future migrants then. Don't know why Republicans have such a hard on for kicking already-existing people out. The economy is handling just right, ne?

Republicans are fucking retards. I never vote, but I'm going to start. Dem, Dem, Dem. Fuck you retarded fucks.

Hello! Cyborg Sanders here to tell you The President resembles these remarks, whereas I pretty much resemble a bulldog. Nothing against bulldogs.

>They wanted a clean DACA bill.

DACA has nothing to do with funding the government. It has nothing to do with federal workers getting paid. The Democrats literally shut down the federal government over an unrelated policy they say they want, which does not even kick in until March, and they did not even fucking write to have for a vote. Where is their DACA bill? When did they propose it for a vote?

>we'll shut down the government tonight unless you vote on this unrelated bill we want!
>ok where is it
>well we never wrote it but we're still shutting everything down

Holy fuck

Dreamers are the keepers. You need a pristine record to get into that program. Obama had no problem sending problematic people back. Killing the Dreamer act is blind racism.

>this guy broke into your house and is living on your couch with his kid
>don't know why you have such a hard on for kicking him out
>just lock your door, jeez

Samefag. Fuck off retard. Go watch The Alex Jones show.

you need 60 votes , not 50 like the republicans have, to pass a budget bill. Which means democrats need to help avoid a shutdown. The democrats want to tie illegal immigrants amnesty into a budget deal. that's just wrong, and sad.

Not starving in the streets is not the same as "doing as well as we could" and American citizens should be the only people politicians care to help.

Putting citizens on the backburner even a little to give aliens a break is terrible politics and it DOES hurt everybody even if it's just a little. The premise behind DACA is dirty and we shouldn't let it slide and just "start enforcing the law from now on" when we have these people here illegally.

We should enforce the law retroactive to today, not give these people an easy out until the next exploit comes along and set a precedent for grandfathering illegals into our country every time they find a way around the law.

>Killing the Dreamer act is blind racism.

There isn't a Dreamer act. DACA was an illegal executive order, and its identical sister DAPA got struck down by the courts. It was a matter of weeks before it too got struck down, because the lawsuits had already been filed, and it had zero chance of surviving a court challenge.

The government doesn't get to pick and choose which parts of the law it feels like enforcing. Congress has to write a new law if they want to keep people who are here illegally in the country, which everyone supports.

But the Democrats last night didn't even propose any Dreamer legislation. They literally shut the government down over a bill they didn't write.

Won't change a thing. America's republican now and there's no end in sight. Stay mad.

Wrong, friend. And, if you actually think anything I posted is wrong, then you don't understand the basics of how the government works, and people who do not have your best interests at heart are exploiting your ignorance.

stay mad kid

>America's republican now
It's America, retard. That shit changes.

This. The "shut down the guvment" bit is a democrat threat, the president and republicans have nothing to do with this.

It isn't as though this is the last chance dems have. They're choosing to push this now so the threat of shutting down non-essential offices and depriving folks of paychecks is hanging on something that could wait.

It's extortion, simple as that. You leftards are blaming the wrong people, it's your dem buddies threatening a shutdown; stop trying to blame Trump for literally everything.

>stay mad

I am slightly mad that the Democrats just shut down the government, screwing millions of American federal workers out of their paychecks, because they're hurt feelings'd over 800,000 illegal immigrants

Who they did not even propose legislation to protect, instead demanding a nonexistent bill on immigration enforcement priorities be jammed into an emergency funding bill for the entire government.

See this here? The more people realize the above, the worse it is going to get.

This user gets it.

>The government doesn't get to pick and choose which parts of the law it feels like enforcing
This. So much this.

Digits of truth. Corporate Democrats are so fucking clueless that this is all they can think to do.

sure kid

>Democrats just shut down the government
Repubs own the house, the senate, the presidency

Yes, it changes. And it just did. 40 years of leftists running the show just stopped, now the pendulum is headed right and this is just the beginning.

Again: stay mad

read
If Dreamers fucked up, Obama would kick them the fuck out. That was part of the agreement.

>le dailykos meme

see:
>* The Senate Democrats filibustered the funding bill to keep the government running, even though it included funding CHIP for 6 fucking years, and everything else they asked for EXCEPT amnesty for illegals
>* It takes 60 votes to overcome a filibuster
>* There are 51 Republicans in the Senate
>* They got 50 votes, with 92% of Republicans voting for and 90% of Democrats voting against

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE?

Everthing is fucking different.
Trump's own words:
>Government shutdown would be to presidents fault.
To:
>It's the Dems fault

Dems:
>Trump is an idiot, Reps, blah blah blah

Reps:
>Libtards!!!! Stupid dems did it!!!! *spits chewbaccy*

What the fuck? It's a never ending cycle of throwing shit at each other. Bunch of fucking fools.

sure kid

>We should enforce the law retroactive to today,

If we made Abortion illegal would you retroactively charge every woman who had one?

read
DACA was illegal, an executive order selectively ignoring certain lawbreakers, rather than a piece of actual legislation. The executive branch doesn't get to selectively enforce bits of the law that it agrees with, or there'd be no point to making law. Congress needs to write an actual piece of legislation to cover them.

Everybody agrees there should be a deal on DACA, the specific shape of which is up for debate. But the Democrats didn't even propose anything last night. They just filibustered the government into a shutdown.

If you read the thread you'd see that the conservatives here actually understand what's going on and have explained it in greater detail than any news outlet has.

Conservatives tend to have a greater grasp of civics than liberals, that's why they're conservatives.

OP BTFO

The math is simple

Democrats filibustered the funding bill last night, preventing it from being voted on.

It takes 60 Senate votes to overcome a filibuster and send a bill to the floor

There are 51 Republicans in the Senate

92% of Republicans voted to end debate and give the bill an up-or-down vote, 90% of Democrats voted against that. There weren't enough votes to overcome the Democratic filibuster.

The thing that makes me salty is that the Democrats say they shut down the government over DACA, but they did not propose any legislation on DACA. They literally shut down the government over a bill they didn't write, and didn't have for a vote.

>Conservatives tend to have a greater grasp of civics than liberals, that's why they're conservatives.
LOL

No, because they aren't currently having one long abortion. Being an illegal alien isn't a 30 minute procedure, they're illegal until they get citizenship and nobody os saying "take citizenship from ever alien who got it while here illegally reeee" here.

Terrible analogy.

Well, if you're parroting this soundbite:
>Repubs own the house, the senate, the presidency

And you don't understand that it takes 60 votes to overcome a filibuster, then you don't understand one of the most basic rules of how our government works.

And whoever fed that line to you is either an idiot, or deliberately lying to you.

How about you respond to any of the detailed refutations of the bullshit OP posted like, say,
Instead of throwing a tantrum and attacking the bantz you can't handle?

Ok, but the Democrats are trying to shut the government down over illegal immigrants. I mean, that's not very American, is it? Shutting down the government, and putting thousands of Americans out of work, and shutting down hundreds of offices across the United States, and across the globe. Delaying payments to retired people who rely on their monthly pay.

That's not very American is it? All for illegal immigrants. Democrats shutting the government down for a bunch of illegals.

>no "intent" to violate US immigration law.
Once they became adults and decided to illegally remain in the US they most definitely did establish intent. Deport their criminal asses.

This user gets it. This whole thing is disgustingly unAmerican, so glad dems are losing footing day by day and reps will have even greater pull here shortly.

Democrats fucking ruin everything, they put the worst of the worst before the people who actually elected them and they're on the decline as a result.

Dreamers weren't born here, dumbass. They came here as kids, illegally, just like their parents.

You can't illegally waltz into a country, build a life on top of that ilegal status, and then expect to be given rights. That's not how countries work.

>DACA was illegal
Its not illegal when the president does it

>Democrats shutting the government down for a bunch of illegals.

Especially since DACA has nothing to do with funding the government, and they hadn't even fucking proposed the legislation that they say they wanted. So it was literally

>vote on this unrelated thing we want or we're shutting the government down
>ok where is it
>well we don't actually have it but we're shutting it down anyway

I lol'd

That's not the point. Democrats are about to shut the government down, and delay thousands of employees, and retirees their pay, all for illegal immigrants.

Is that an American thing to do? They're essentially choosing illegal immigrants over Americans. That's literally what's happening here. They're putting illegal, non us citizens, before American citizens.

How are you not understanding that?

>Its not illegal when the president does it
I'm assuming that's sarcasm but it's hard to tell in text
This right here.>You can't illegally waltz into a country, build a life on top of that ilegal status, and then expect to be given rights. That's not how countries work.
This, too. Try waltzing into Mexico and see how a few years in Mexican prison feels. Compare that to the taxpayer money we throw at illegal aliens here. Ask yourself "if aliens are good for anything, why does literally every other country actually enforce the laws regarding them, and why do we have laws that we ignore?" And you'll get your answer.

Btw that "racist" wall lefties moan about? Mexico has one! For the same reason we need one. Ask yourself why Mexico actually enforces their immigration law and built a wall to keep Guatemalans out meanwhile America is a nation of klansmen for wanting to do the samw as literally every other country.

Merit-based immigration done legally is good for a nation, not a free-for-all and handouts for criminals.

Welcome newfriend

He's agreeing with you, just for different reasons. Never correct somebody while they're agreeing with you.

He is? Oh. Mein bad.

Wat, that's literally what I was saying

Except it is even worse than that, because they didn't even propose any legislation to do what they say they wanted to do.

Not only did they shut down the government, screwing Americans to make some sort of a statement about illegal immigrants, they didn't even have anything written to do what they say they wanted to do. It's a complete clownfuck of a move.

I'm sorry. I joined the conversation in an instant, and I got caught up too quickly. I didn't know where the enemy was firing from so I started firing in all directions.

They're literally relying on the "Trump is always to blame REEEEE" mentality and nothing more. What's pathetic is that OP is proof there are asshats out there dumb enough to fall for it.

I'm pretty sure OP is one of David Brock's "professional" posters, reduced to trolling Sup Forums after getting laughed off every other board here

Sometimes you just gotta blast, I understand