I gave up after the second movie. Was The Hobbit 3 good?

I gave up after the second movie. Was The Hobbit 3 good?

Dunno. I gave up too. Only I quit after the first one.

its the best of the series

You know how it's generally accepted that LOTR decreases in quality moving towards the third movie? The Hobbit does the opposite, it was pretty amazing desu

I don't think that's generally accepted at all. In fact, Return of the King was the most successful of the bunch.

Not at all

... what?

Hobbit 3 was the worst experience of my life. It felt like 3 hours of bad video game footage, which wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't trying to pass as an adaptation of Tolkien's work. Just offensive.

(not true, by the way)

Why would you "give up" and then still be interested?
Stop being a pussy faggot and fucking around pretending like you don't care and just go watch the shitty fucking movie if you actually fucking care.
Be a goddamn man and form your own fucking opinion if you want to have one.

He cares enough to make a post on Sup Forums. He doesn't care enough to waste 3 hours. Are you autistic or something?

>hobbit 3

>be a demi-god magical being
>do kung fu

>waste 3 hours

Oh fuck yeah man right sure. He doesn't want to "waste" any of his precious fucking time away from Sup Forums where he's working on the cure for fagass cancer. Don't want to "waste" time watching a fucking movie when you can fucking spend it on all the fucking movie discussion board asking everyone else what he should think about fucking shitty movies he's never going to watch.

How did you last so long?

Friendly reminder that this happened:

youtube.com/watch?v=-fcJm1Slk2E

That's actually more enjoyable than watching the third hobbit movie. So it makes sense

They should not have wasted a single second of screentime of even implying Legolas was in any kind of danger whatsoever. They fact that they went with that instead is fucking embarassing.

I'm still mad they fucked over Smaug

>this was Christopher Lee's final role

Well, i thought it'd be like the LoTR movies but i found out it wasn't.

And I had already paid for it so had to endure it all.

No. All the trilogy was terrible. Stay with LOTR and pray they don't pull this kind of shit when adapting the silmarillion.

Yes, i don't want them to make it either but that's a lost battle...

>and pray they don't pull this kind of shit when adapting the silmarillion.
haha user...that will NEVER happen.

>You know how it's generally accepted that LOTR decreases in quality moving towards the third movie?

I fucking hate this meme

I really doubt that this will happen again. The Hobbit struggled from a complete lack of pre-production. New Line aren't that dumb, its not like they're Sony or anything.

It's true though

I made it through all of them. The only parts I can say I actually enjoyed are the scenes where Bilbo was the focus. Imagine that. Of course those were relatively few because for some reason the films didn't seem to have much Bilbo, despite "The Hobbit" being in the title of all the films. Instead I got a bunch of scenes with pointless characters and storylines.

Worst one desu

That is not """generally accepted""" at all. Get out of your Sup Forums shell. Believe it or not there are millions of people who think the 3rd is the best. There are millions who think the 2nd one is the best. And there are millions who think the first one is the least enjoyable.

>Get out of your Sup Forums shell
Zachary is a redditor. His favorite meme to peddle is "kino" and "lotr 1 is da bestxD"

They should have ended it with desolation of smaug the first two movies were solid. Battle of five armies was glorified filler just an excuse to extend out the final battle and hype it up as the end of the middle earth saga.

Reminder that it wasn't jacksons fault

Do you by chance have a link to that video?

found the redditor who thinks oscars matter

rotk was dogshit

watch the first 10 minutes

1>3>2

1=2=3

I don't believe you

Good, I thought this faggot survived.
CGI sucks shit.

that's a lot of fucking bloom

>Go to the North. Meet with the Dunedain. There is a young Ranger among them. His father, Arathorn, was a good man. His son may grow to be a great one. He is known in the wild as Strider. His true name, you must discover for yourself.

It was the worst by far.

Thanks Gandalf

By all means then, explain to the class why your singular opinion holds any more merit than that of anybody else.

>not realizing the irony
>not being able see shit direction
I'm not gonna do your work for you senpai, stay embryonic for all I care

The first one was great. The second one was good through half of the movie, the third one was just one big build up to a battle, but unlike ROTK, the battle wasn't as epic or interesting and the rest of the film was blah. The only redeeming part of the second half of the second film and he third film was the Necromancer story arc, which, while promising at the end of the second movie, didn't really go anywhere. The whole thing about Thorin Oakenshield going full Scrooge McDuck with the arkenstone seemed forced.