Watching the next generation for the first time and I just finished season 2...

Watching the next generation for the first time and I just finished season 2. Is this the worst season finale of all time? Really? A clip episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=20QBhZZRJDU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

writer strike. Its the only episode like that.

Season 3 is off to a great start

Just began season 3. Bummed out that Pulaski is gone, Dr Crusher is such a dry character.

I just started watching too, slightly ahead of you. Crusher becomes better, but I still prefer Pulaski. She was basically the only character with any character traits in besides Picard and maybe Data in the first two seasons. Also I hate how Crusher is the de facto bleeding heart of the crew.

yea.
Pulaski is better but she was not sexy enough so they got rid of her even though she is a better character than crusher.

apparently the Diana Muldaur didn't get along with the rest of the crew, so they brought back Gates McFadden.

I love the series so far but its a shame they had so many issues with the cast. I finally start to like a character and suddenly they're gone with some quick cheap explanation as to why.

outside of the main cast dont get too attached. TNG does not do reoccurring characters often.

what was the deal with this dude

gtfo

Crusher has great tits and is hot

Am I the only one that hates q episodes? Besides that borg one

Supernatural wise-cracker, basically a meme character.

He is a Xth dimensional shitposter.
he shows up time to time only to fuck with picard.

Yeah but she looks like she'd be a really boring fuck.

Always on bottom, probably barely moves. Just lays there like a dead fish.

Very odd to feel this about a redhead, but that's what my gut says.

TOS had one of those, it was a three parter too. Fucking terrible.

It was about Kirk watching the original first episode.

Holy shit, what.

I mostly dislike Dr crusher because she's related to wesley

i like the one where picard was going back and forth in time

All clip episodes are shit. I can't think of a single good one. They have no place in a post-cable world.

Pulaski is garbage.

Wtf how do u figure

I've always thought she would be slutty as fuck desu. Probably fucked the whole cast and crew

She's thouroughly unlikable and a transparent attempt to make a female Bones. She's the 2nd most awful character in trek next to Llwaxana Troi.

They did them when they ran out of money

I think it was early to mid season.

Yep, a boring, sexless character. Early tng had enough of that

Troi and her mom are just jerkoff material

You're talking about the pilot. The pilot never aired in syndication so no one had seen it. They spliced the footage in to an episode about Pike being in the weird chair thing with the 1 beeps 2 beeps thing (which was awesome btw)

I dont think that episode was a 3 parter.

stop posting this faggot

Test

stop posting faggot

>Am I the only one that hates q episodes?
yes

One thing you gotta know about star trek is that tng especially there is no plot arc.

DS9 has a very good one.
Voyger has an ok one.
Ent has a good one.

youtube.com/watch?v=20QBhZZRJDU

TNG seasons 1 and 2 have some charming episodes, but only a select few are actually any good.

Even beyond, though, the series mostly consists of one-off, repercussion-less episodes.

The series still holds weight because of the acting talent, mostly interesting crew as characters, and decent takes on some philosophical and societal issues.

It's the worst TNG episode of all time. It's the only one I haven't managed to sit through in its entirety - including even this fucking piece of shit episode.

Only on S3 but it blows everything from 1/2 out of the water

>Lal
>Warfs Trial
>Proto Vulcans
>Brocolli
>Romulan Defector
>Yar

ten out of 10

> plot arc
>Ent has a good one.

You fucking lie you cunt. The "plot" of Enterprise was so hamfisted they pulled hard breaks on it after 3 seasons and tried something else. Even that didn't stop it from killing Trek.

> Voyger has an ok one.
>Voyger

It's Voyager. And while the premise was good, it has no fucking plot. It notoriously hits that reset button even after introducing catastrophes and plot points that should alter the entire show. Next episode it's all forgotten.

Commander, tell me about your sexual organs.

there's 2 only ways to do a clip show well
1: come up with some excuse for the main cast to be retrospecting and make the episode 50% flashbacks to previous episodes, 50% new scenes from the past (ideally ones that have been mentioned but not explicitly shown). That way you at least get some passable content in
2: show that's based on mystery or has some epic twist looks back at past events through a new lens where everything is reinterpreted

both are incredibly rare though