You wake up late one morning, you run downstairs after getting ready. Put some bread into the toaster but it burns...

You wake up late one morning, you run downstairs after getting ready. Put some bread into the toaster but it burns. Do you call it burnt toast, or burnt bread?

The concept of toast implies that there is a limit to how cooked it can become. Burnt bread generally refers to the first baking. A square of char is not toast. Therefore, I consider it to be burnt toast.

Buddy your a moron, but if it’s a black piece of bread is it really burnt toast or burnt bread

I am not smart enough to comprehend this idea

If it goes into the oven as a lump of dough and comes out blackened, it is burnt bread. If it is already cooked an comes out of the toaster, it is burnt toast, as it was intended to be toast. If you throw a loaf of bread into a fire, it will still burn, but bread never comes out of the oven as toast.

Burnt bread is toast, burnt toast is burn-burnt bread.

This guys fucking gets it. Burnt bread master race

The bread has to pass into the phase of "toast" before it can enter the phase of "Burned"

It has become "toast" in the process. Now if you burn that, it is "burned toast".

If you burn a cake in the oven, is it "burned batter"?
No it's not.

this bro harvards

Bread in the toaster too long is both toast and burnt, so it's burnt toast.

But that’s a different story because it’s going from liquid to a solid, we’re talking a solid remaining a solid

Not necessarily
If I put bread in the toaster and toast the bread for 1 second...that isn't long enough to turn bread into toast

In the same way you won't call bread "cooked flour with milk and salt", but it's final recognizable state, "bread", I would call it burn bread.

Suppose someone toasts a bread, then burns it and leaves it on a table. Then you go and see the bread for the first time. Would you call it a burnt toast if you never knew it was a toast?

It's burnt bread.

gas yourself

But that’s a different story because it’s going from liquid to a solid, we’re talking a solid remaining a solid

You goddamn retard. Have you never heard of burnt toast? Have you never been around humans, or read a book? Burned bread would be a load of bread that got burned while it was baking. Jump up your own asshole.

So we can all agree it’s burnt toast, anybody that says burnt bread is retarded?

Of course.

Black people eat burnt toast
I saw it on the discovery channel

Master Chef here (actually studied culinary farts at Algonquin collage Ottawa)
Dough > Bread > Toast > Charcoal

once the "Toast" reaches a point that its structure is no longer brown or "caramelized" it then begins to burn. becoming ...charcoal or carbon
Technically..

Isn’t toast just carmelized bread then?

Technically
and bread is Braised dough

Depending on the amount of time it spent in the toaster it's either called well done or charcoal

So on a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rank a breads toast level?

I call it trash, I then throw it away.

Don’t think braised is a word... define

It was not the question here and the toastiness scale does not apply.

what am i a fucking dicktioning thing use goggles fag

Good question

Failed toast

if it comes out untoasted, it is raw toast?