Hi Sup Forums, let's learn a little bit about each other's cities...

Hi Sup Forums, let's learn a little bit about each other's cities. Post some basic things about your city and then we can discuss them. I'll start:

City: Minneapolis
Population: 410,000
Two things you like about your city:
1. It has a very robust food scene, you can get quality food from all different cultures throughout the city. The local brewery and distillery scene is thriving as well. It is also very friendly to vegetarians.
2. The city has an amazing parks system, lots of lakes, forests and bike trails within the city. Makes for great summers.

Two things you don't like about your city
1. It isn't very close to other major cities.
2. Rent prices and traffic conditions are getting worse. Also, there are increased shooting deaths, however it isn't getting worse on a per capita level.

So Sup Forums tell me about your city.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N5bOFJJAt8A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here is another view of Minneapolis

My favorite restaurant, restaurant Alma.

Target field, home of the Minnesota Twins MLB team.

No one interested in talking about international cities?

Seems like a good city to live in.
>So Sup Forums tell me about your city.
Ok.
I live in Norrköping, a medium sized city in southern Sweden.
Population, about 95-100.00 people.
It's an old industrial town, completely based around water. It has a large river running straight through it, called Motala Ström and just outside of town is one of Swedens largest ports.
1. Things I like huh? Well let's see. It's beautiful. It's highly "evolved" and very modern but also screaming 17th century.
2. It has (by size) the most shops and restaurants of any Swedish city, tons of things to do and in any direction you will find amazing nature and the sea.

Things I don't like?
1. There is some areas with lots of immigrants causing problems but that's avoidable.
2 And there is a factory in town that sometimes make the entire place smell like wet dog.
I'll post a couple pics.

The town "heart" is around Rådhuset (City Hall), the tall pointy building.
It's the oldest point of the city and all the city life circles it. Of course the port starts just a few hundred yards from it. A beautiful promenade full of ice cream shops, cafés and parks.

It's easy to see how important water is in this town. Also our yellow trolleys that run across the city are pretty famous. An effective and fast method of transportation.

TBQHWY american cities that arent NYC or LA are irrelevant in almost every single aspect of life, you could think your city is top shit because of some"avant garde" vegetarian hipsters but at the end of the day its just a dense american town with no real cultural attraction

No offense, its a very objective comment, my hometown is shit too, it has the biggest mural on earth but still is a borinh shithole

For some reason this city also has a strong love for old American cars. We have a yearly cruise through town, several car meets and the greaser culture is extremely strong.
I love it.
And that's about it I think. My city in a nutshell.

City: Guanajuato
Population: ~70 000
Two things you like about your city:
1. It's an university city so it's vibrant, full of young people, lots of museums, music and cultural festivals, people from all the world.
2. The architecture, we have from colonial to modern styles.

Two things you don't like about your city
1. The traffic, it's a nightmare to drive in the city and there aren't enough spaces for parking.
2. No job oppotunities

looks comfy

Sounds nice. I have always wanted to visit your country, but not the big tourist towns. Sounds like yours might be perfect.

City: London, Ontario
Population (City and Metro Area): 500k

It's just a quiet, suburban city. It's population is relatively large by Canadian standards, but it is overshadowed by Toronto which is just a couple of hours away by car. It's a nice place to live, a very white city, very affordable compared to the rest of southern Ontario, and Toronto is nearby for culture and professional sports.

>Population: 410,000

Saying that the population of Minneapolis is only 410k is a bit misleading when you consider that it is the center of a huge metropolitan area of millions, and is the major urban center for the entire state.

City: Registro
Population: 50k

What a like:

1. It's the biggest city of the region, we're surrounded by a bunch of small cities so everyday people from all these cities come here, which give us the look of a much larger and more agitated city. The only unis in the region are here aswell so we have a nice night life because of the young people that come here to study/party.
2. We have a shitton of japs.

What I don't like:
Absolutely nothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=N5bOFJJAt8A

What business do Japanese have in small Brazilian cities?

That's not really true lol. We have a very distinct culture from other American cities, I would also say place like Seattle, Miami, Chicago and a lot of others are very different from one another.

Wow that seems like a great city. Minnesota has a lot of Swedish heritage and I've wanted to visit, I'll have to check Norrköping out.

Wow, beautiful town. What is the food like there?

True True. It is also very close to St. Paul which is the capitol of Minnesota. Together they are referred to as the Twin Cities. Both are great places to live. The whole metro populations is 3,524,583. Have you ever been here?

In my city most of them are well stablished, basically they're shop owners (of any branch). I don't know any poor jap desu.

Boston, New Orleans, Nashville, Las Vegas, San Francisco, even Detroit to an extent. The list could go on. That guy was full of shit. Hell, LA isn't even particularly interesting. It doesn't have a proper downtown and just seems like a massive collection of suburbs.

I studied abroad in the Amazon when I was in college, based in Belem. I never got to visit southern Brazil though. I wanna go back one day.

Yeah good point.

City: Wichita, Kansas
Population: 300,000 with metro

It ok just a very typical smallish city. Too many minorities for comfort though but many areas are very white. There are some things to do around town but most of what there is you could find in any city of this size. There are basically no outdoor things like trails of hiking or state parks since its Kansas. 6/10

I have a question about American cities. Why do you guys usually place your state capitals in smaller towns that no one outside the state has ever heard of? Look at a list of US capitals and most of them are in small obscure places. Almost none of the big, well-known American cities are the capitals of their states.

iirc its because they wanted power to be less centralized

Yeah decentralized power and to help avoid corruption or those cities were more prominent at the time or unique local politics in some cases

I wanted to live there but as you said it, no job opportunities and shit services, thats why i choosed CDMX

City: Stanley
Pop: 2k
Things I like: The weather and nice cafes
Do not like: Only good channel is discovery, and online shipping takes literally a month.