Daily reminder that a large amount of people on Sup Forums think that Westworld is a shrunk down world...

Daily reminder that a large amount of people on Sup Forums think that Westworld is a shrunk down world, sitting on top of a table in a control room, and that hosts/guests are shrunk/enlarged each time they enter/leave

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_science_fiction
observer.com/2016/10/westworld-series-premiere-recap-fly-so-serious/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think theyre trollan, no one can be that retarded, not even 4chin

>this guy thinks they don't use a shrink ray

I thought the same at first too, but they genuinely aren't, and there's a lot of them...

you're being memed hard, son.

Daily reminder that it's a meme and you're a fuckin idiot

Reasons to think Westworld is shrunk;
- You misinterpreted a 3d hologram of Westworld (used for monitoring) as Westworld

Reasons to think Westworld is not shrunk;
- Occam's razor
- It would be cost ineffective for them
- "Westworld' is a 'Hard Science Fiction' TV show, which is a sub-genre of SciFi that focuses on what is plausible to be real
- Shrinking is magic, and has no basis in reality, and never will.
- We have seen the command center, and it exists INSIDE Westworld
- We have seen people use elevators to get into Westworld, no shrinking involved.

Until they actually show us where Westworld is the shrink ray, Mars, underground etc...theories are sound

0/10 you're just butthurt

$5 says this is bait and he's a shrinkfag.

Honestly, fuck this gay earth. I'm giving the richest company in Silicon Valley free labor to point this fucking shit out.

>making this thread just because you can't understand shrink theory
It's OK user, just let the big boys handle it

MY THEORY IS THAT SAURON FROM MIDDLE EARTH IS HAVING A DREAM AFTER SMOKING SOME HOBBIT WEED, AND THE ENTIRE WESTWORLD SHOW IS HIS DREAM.

Anything is technically 'sound', but that doesn't make it any less retarded.

See;
There's literally a Wikipedia page saying that the TV show is Hard SciFi, and shrinking/enlarging is NOT Hard SciFi.

Shrinktheory is as stupid as my Sauron from Lord of the Rings theory.

>- Occam's razor
easier to shrink the park then bulldoze all of utah for its construction
>- It would be cost ineffective for them
dude size=efficiency a shrunk park is much cheaper
>- "Westworld' is a 'Hard Science Fiction' TV show, which is a sub-genre of SciFi that focuses on what is plausible to be real
says who? the technology displayed so far is the same as magic
>- We have seen the command center, and it exists INSIDE Westworld
reverse that, westworld is inside the command center, duh
>- We have seen people use elevators to get into Westworld, no shrinking involved.
shrink machine in elevator

1:1cuck, this show is 2deep4u little buddy best you move on

How much more proof do you need?

is this real life

Seriously though, how do the guests get to Westworld?

a fucking shrink ray, watch the goddamn show

First they need to book a trip to Mars.

1:1 autists get BTFO so hard every time they try argue, that they're too embarrassed to post in the general now.

Lmao.

>says who?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_science_fiction

>the technology displayed so far is the same as magic
No, the technology displayed so far is plausible future technology.

Shrinking is magic, and will never, ever exist outside of magical fantasy stories.

For shrinking to work (assuming that you could somehow magically shrink the size of matter), you would need to alter the laws of the universe... gravity/physics/chemistry/speed of light/etc for it all to behave the same way.

Exactly, but I'm sure someone will say;

>NA BRO THATS ACTUALLY AN EVEN SMALLER WORLD! AND INSIDE THAT WORLD< THERES ANOTHER SHRUNK WORLD, AND THEN ANOTHER SHRUNK WORLD. SHINKCEPTION.

>yfw giant aliens like in GANTZ have turned earth into a theme park, and it's all a desert because the aliens bombed us to hell.
>aliens shrink themselves and pretend to be humans for fun

a small life but yes

dude they have a shrink ray, how do you think they have money for all the robots?
>enlarge small pile of gold to big pile of gold

>it's that guy who thinks made up tech works the way his autistic head-canon says it should

Occam can't help us, user. He would have us burned at the stake.

Is the train the shrink ray though or do they take shrink pills or something instead?

it's a pocket dimension, they get teleported inside.

>No, the technology displayed so far is plausible future technology.

3d printing robots that can pass a turing test, curing every disease in the world, constructing a whole place free of all animal life so you can play god

this level of technology is far from plausible, it is bordering on the magical

the requirements in energy alone to keep this park going along with a maintenance cycle that would never end is staggering.

how many nuclear reactors would you need to just make the bodies let alone everything else.

like i said, its beyond plausible, its magical

ITT: OP is a stupid

>it's that teenager who doesn't have a degree in engineering and physics, thinking he has a clue about what is and isn't possible.

Medicine is advancing at incredible speeds.

We're already able to 3d print some organs for people to use.

Creating hosts is not farfetched at all. We will be creating similar in a few hundred years.

>he didn't watch the pilot

See;
It's completely plausible, and will happen.

You're probably just so young that you were born with an iPhone and haven't really seen technology advance in your lifetime yet.

By 2100, humans wont really work at all anymore, and all work will be done by AI robots, some of which will be almost indistinguishable from humans.

>Shrinking is magic, and will never, ever exist outside of magical fantasy stories.

>Actually quoting wikipedia

>Thinks a high resolution 3d hologram used for monitoring purposes is actually Westworld

It even fucking shows them zoom in on the hologram at one point

Look at the pic this guy posted;
Do you think that's an even tinier world, that exists on that guys handheld device?

fuck your a special kinda autisim next your going to start explaining how ftl drives work,
Last time kid

ITS MADE UP TECH IT CAN WORK HOWEVER THE FUCK THE WRITERS SAY

Get it now? dumb question of course you don't

I remember the first week of bane posting when everyone kept trying to explain the big guy for you meaning.

The best thing is that when it's proven that shrink-theory is not real, all you morons will just disappear and pretend like you never had an IQ of 50.

Then you'll move onto the next TV show, and start spouting your ridiculous theories there too.

Ah, the wonders of the internet. No accountability for retardation.

>a large amount of people
not really, just a small handful of autistic retards

>Do you think that's an even tinier world, that exists on that guys handheld device?
It has to be. How else would the tiny man be able to run on it?

>its shows them zoom in
If course it does how can they monitor their tiny inhabitants if they can't even see them

Shrinkfags are the only good thing to come out of this show.

Read the thread now, and tell me that again.

Shrink Ray is up their with Jesse's Jane, Sup Forums are A++ shitposters

>Do you think that's an even tinier world, that exists on that guys handheld device?

yup, and its turtles all the way down

We've been shrinking for a month now, noobs keep getting into arguments with regards tho,

>do not respond to 1:1 posters
Why try and convince retards?

....but if Westworld exists on that table... what happens to the rest of Westworld when they zoom in on one area? It temporarily ceases to exist?

So far there have been no theories to refute or confirm shrinkrays, so... Everything is possible in fictionland, where the rules have still not been clearly laid out.

No, obviously he's using a 1:1-sized 3D camera for that

>Shrinking is magic, and will never, ever exist outside of magical fantasy stories.
Explain this then

Obviously is a tablet displying a zoomed in 3d map of westworld as seen in

No the best thing is you spergs trying to genuinely argue against made up tech in a sci-fi show, best fucking thing to happen to this board since vince

1:1 cucks pls kys

As i said here;
>MY THEORY IS THAT SAURON FROM MIDDLE EARTH IS HAVING A DREAM AFTER SMOKING SOME HOBBIT WEED, AND THE ENTIRE WESTWORLD SHOW IS HIS DREAM.

That theory hasn't be refuted. But that doesn't mean its plausible or likely. It's extremely retarded, just like shrink theory.

>Redditworld

It's a holographic sky that acts as a magnifying system, it's been shown a few times now, how did you miss it?

Get of your phone and watch the show

Wow, so it's like honey I shrunk the kids?
I'm gonna start watching this, thanks!

Daily reminder

No, that's not how the magnification works.

It works by enlarging the 3d hologram, which makes it viewable from every angle.

It's not just a magnifying glass type zoom, that doesn't make sense, as it wouldn't be viewable from different angles.... but oh wait, you beleive in shrink theory, so... it could be magic!

Yeah but we saw evidence that westworld is actually tiny here whereas Sauron hasn't appeared in the show at all

>MY THEORY IS THAT SAURON FROM MIDDLE EARTH IS HAVING A DREAM AFTER SMOKING SOME HOBBIT WEED, AND THE ENTIRE WESTWORLD SHOW IS HIS DREAM.
>That theory hasn't be refuted. But that doesn't mean its plausible or likely. It's extremely retarded, just like shrink theory.
It's nothing like shrink theory though, maybe if Tolkien added a few chapters specifically talking about Sauron dreaming, with hints that he dreams about robogfs from the future, and the occasional scene where it's mentioned that his electricity bill and water usage are sky high, then it'd be like shrink theory, but right now they're two completely different things, one is a theory made up by some autist on Sup Forums, and the other actually has things backing it

That's a high resolution 3d hologram used for monitoring purposes.

Only 50 year old stay-at-home mothers think its actually Westworld.

observer.com/2016/10/westworld-series-premiere-recap-fly-so-serious/

Where were you when Bravo Nolan created Shrink-Kino?

where does the irony end

>Reasons to think Westworld is shrunk
- A company bought half a state just to turn it into a theme park (unlikely but whatever)
- That same company built a maze of tunnels and elevators to connect that massive park to a central hub (again, where are they getting the money?)
- Head robot guy makes massive dirt moves for a fucking plotline
- There's somehow an abandoned shopping mall under the hub which is out in the middle of nowhere

Shrinkray is just as apt an excuse as "they have infinite money" until they say one way or the other.

I don't think HBO even own the rights to LotR

Do you think that in Hunger Games, they shrunk all the contestants and put them into a miniature world as well?

>that pic
christ man why did you post that

Well, duh.
You just posted the proof.

no that's obviously a hologram and there's no way district 13 has fucking shrinking tech so they wouldn't have been able to save katniss fromt he table in a normal sized hovercraft anyway

Oh wait I think I get you OP, you're trying to say the hologram is actually westworld, and the people are shrunk down onto the hologram, that makes sense actually, after all there's nothing saying holograms can't be solid

It's definitely not hard Sci Fi - it's too implausible. It's just as hard as Micro by Michael Crichton, and that story genuinely is about semi plausible shrinking technology.

It wouldn't even be that expensive?

There's huge areas of USA that are desolate deserts. They'd just need to build a couple of shitty old towns, railway tracks, and so on.

If Westworld has some underlying plot with extremely powerful people/government, then this really isn't a big deal.

The real cost is in development of the hosts.

Someone adopted him. He is in a nice warm home right now.

District 13 clearly just stole the tech from the Capitol, and the shrinking just happened off-screen, like it conveniently does every single time people use an elevator to get into Westworld!

Spot on. Theyre obviously shrunk down ffs

they appear to have complete control of the environment. the weather appears to be perfect.

enough robots that pass the turing test to occupy a small country.

and an entire automated facility that can maintain a huge park and reset the whole physical world back to 1 after the end of a narrative cycle.

its beyond plausible. a vr i would believe, their control of the world is technology so far beyond that it is for the most part magic.

oh and lets not forget infinite energy to do all this and keep 3d printed living hosts alive in a basement after a lobotomy with no apparent food.

the whole place is beyond insane

Why is it obviously a hologram... because it's got a blue glow to it?

shrinking only makes sense. Feels good to be shrinkfag master race

there's no way district 13 had the shrink tech cause they could've just snuck some agents into president snow's mansion at night and they could've placed explosive charges in his nostrils

unless the capitol also has tiny secret service

where's the table? and you can see through half of it

The shrinking device also teleports you into the shrunk arena.

You can't be shrunk elsewhere, since the arena requires altered laws of gravity/physics/chemistry/etc for shrunk stuff to function the same way.

If you were shrunk and existed in the normal world, you'd just explode.

>Westworld uses a non-transparent hologram, therefor it cannot be a hologram, and it is proof that Westworld is shrunk.

HA

i never said westworld doesn't shrink down their hosts/guests to fit on the table
im saying it's retarded to assume also the hunger games doing it

What if OP is shrunk and his brain literally can't comprehend shrink theory?? (because it's too small)

also as retarded as it is to assume westworld is shrunk

very possible

>friend thinks im a blanket shrinkfag
nah i like to back my shrinktheory up with facts tyvm

Michael Crichton wrote Westworld, so there's that

I was being sarcastic about Hunger Games.

OF COURSE Hunger Games doesn't shrink people...

I was pointing out how retarded it is that people think Westworld is shrunk.

I made the thread, you sperglord.

there's CLEAR fucking evidence of people being shrunk right in this thread idk why you're even still trying to debate

A hologram on a table is not evidence of shrink-theory.

Who the fuck knows how much a "shrink ray" would cost to research, build & operate?

And yes, the robots are expensive (especially if they're meant to be broken by the guests) now put that on top of what you'd have a vague idea would cost in buying that massive plot of land, building all the infrastructure that allows you to travel in it without jeeps and helicopters, making massive terra-shaping operations for plotlines and you have something quite inscrutable, too. All that and that huge, "desolate" area is still somehow near somewhere densely enough populated to have its own shopping mall. Either the money, the ray or some near apocalyptic event must account for it.

leaked shot from season finale

>hologram
explain how the webm in is a hologram, there's literally no artifacting or anything to indicate that it's just a projection

>large
Heh, heh, heh

>that episode where suddenly there was a massive hole in WestWorld killing thousands of poor guests
I think Raimi went too far with that one.

>muh made up tech works the way my head-canon says
Where the fuck do u people come from?

this is why i will never fucking root for his character
how the hell could you kill thousands of guests just for a fucking storyline
i thought they were supposed to be SAFE in the park?

>I can't see the pixels so it must be real.

Do you think that videos on your 4K mobile phone are a real world too? I cant see any artifacts when I watch 4K video on it!!!

Must be a shrunk down world inside my phone tbqh.