>"I'm directing!"

What are some examples of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mbzbUj7M4E8
youtube.com/watch?v=tYScJZWhaHA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

everything this faggot does

youtube.com/watch?v=mbzbUj7M4E8

Narrations. Tracking shots. Establishing shots for every fucking scene.

Oners.

the works of Alfonso Cuaron

great soles

Final shot of TFA

>it's wrong to acknowledge that you're doing your job

Can someone please explain this to me

Spielberg and Snyder films

>being a retard
how does it feel?

I'm not wrong

The people who complain about "over"directing are just mad because they aren't the ones doing it

All of the film Wanted.

This was the most heavy handed pile of garbage I've ever had the misfortune of sitting through, absolutely awful.

Spielberg doesn't over direct he is the standard.

Tracking shots can be good, but most f the time they draw too much attention to themselves to be effective.

There is a problem when a director puts his style above everything else. It's annoying to watch a film that is constantly reminding you that it's creator is a "genius". Not saying directors shouldn't avoid stylistic flourishes altogether, but don't make them the main attraction unless they help tell the story in a unique way.

If only he kept making movies with as much effort as Memento

youtube.com/watch?v=tYScJZWhaHA

This, Spielberg's "style" is picking mediocre, maudlin scripts

I know it's about movies but this nigga is the embodiment of a failed director and his "works" are epitome of "I'm directing!".

Refn? Both last films SCREAM that.

His arch-nemesis, Lars von Trier, has made an entire career of it

Thing is not that he's directing, it's that he proudly rejects to do a second take.

Tarkovsky zooming in on tea sets and flowers.

Name 10 flicks, 4 films and 7 kino where this happened.

I'm fucking disgusted that this guy is allowed to work in a AAA capacity and people actually take his shit seriously.

Video games will never be serious art.

Videos games that try too hard to be "cinematic" will never be art. Vidya needs to separate itself from film into it's own art form.

every shot in Alehacko "I'm a le artist, please take me le seriously" Inarritu's flickography. Much of PTA and McQueen's shit too.

You can't honestly believe this right?

So if you're not an actual film director, you "lose the right" to point out overdirecting? Do you also have to be a successful drummer to point out when a drummer is over the top?

What's really going on is someone's criticized a director you like, so you're getting desperate in your attempt to defend the director. It'd be better to actually find reasons your director had to do X and Y rather than this mental gymnastics non-argument you're actually doing.

ITT: Every tracking shot, long take is over directing.